PDA

View Full Version : new hurricane headed towards mexico

scubasamurai
09-01-2007, 08:55
hey guys just saw in the news a new tropicalstorm and of course will turn into a hurricane again, what else is new

but it is headed towards the yuccatan and bellize area. man they are going to take a beating this year. i hope what little reef redevelopment they have will be able to survive

good luck for anyone that has a trip plan this week

georoc01
09-01-2007, 21:25
Actually the last report I saw on the news had it south of Mexico. Looks like the ABC islands are really in jeopardy right now. An area that typically really south for the path of hurricanes.

Seems like all the storms are taking a more southern path so far. Good for the US, bad for the Caribbean and our favorite diving destinations.

scubasamurai
09-02-2007, 08:27
yap and todays report it is headin for belize, and dang i wanted to go there.. hopefully it will not be too strong

SHAGGY
09-02-2007, 17:27
Yeah it dont look good for them around Belize,.... its alreadt a Cat4 storm, and it arrive there until around Tues.

Manny-R
09-02-2007, 20:04
that sucks. i hope it slows down a bit... can only hope.
at least it missed FLA (me)

kevinj1
09-02-2007, 20:27
i hope it stays away from the U.S.---We dont need anymore natural disasters right now.

Manny-R
09-02-2007, 20:32
i hope it stays away from the U.S.---We dont need anymore natural disasters right now.

the way the govt. deals with it, we cant afford that right now.
i just hope to make it trough hurricane season without seeing any hurricanes here in South Florida.

scubasamurai
09-02-2007, 20:52
oh heck they projected it to hit as a cat two now its projected as a cat 4 oh heck. better wait and see. they might have some post hurricane specials next year if the reefs don't get screwed up

Manny-R
09-02-2007, 21:00
oh heck they projected it to hit as a cat two now its projected as a cat 4 oh heck. better wait and see. they might have some post hurricane specials next year if the reefs don't get screwed up

that works out as a good in the bad. we get deals after they get screwd.

scuba Widow
09-02-2007, 22:08
It is now a cat 5....hope it downgrades before landfall, those poor people are having enough trouble after Dean.

scubasamurai
09-03-2007, 08:35
just another report of gusts up to 200mph!!!! cat 5 already and they are going to get slammed!!! well lets hope they get those people out of there!

scuba Widow
09-03-2007, 08:37
If they are anything like the people of the United States they will stay and keep saying it won't hit us.

AggieDad
09-03-2007, 08:59
I was one of the first divers into Cozumel after Wilma and despite lots of damage, the people just were going about life. I have been to Roatan once and have another trip planned for the end of October. Felix is scheduled to hit there in the next 24 hours as a Cat 5. CoCoView Resort (where I will be going) will not be able to withstand this type of wind. From what I saw of the Honduran people while there before, by the time we arrive, they will have been rebuilding and getting on with their lives and not waiting for handouts like some city on the bayou that we all know. They will accept a helping hand ups though.

gtjason2000
09-03-2007, 10:03
I have a buddy going to puerto vallarta next weekend and it looks like his trip is in jeopardy.

Divegirl
09-04-2007, 23:46
I know I am just terrible, I don't watch the news, (I gave it up for a year) My son is in Iraq, and can't deal with all the news it is so overrated.

So what is going on with the storm???? I do want to know about some news

Thanks

RonFrank
09-05-2007, 00:41
Here is one loop.

http://www.ssd.noaa.gov/goes/east/gmex/loop-avn.html

Watching the weather channel is not going to give you news on Iraq... I don't think! :smiley2:

noaa sites have all the hurricane info online if that is what you are after.