PDA

View Full Version : Hello From Sunny Florida

Kuz
11-24-2009, 19:36
Hi All! I'm new to the forum. I'm a new diver in Florida. Looking forward to reading lots.

DRSharky
11-25-2009, 07:27
Hello, welcome to scuba diving world and to this forum too. I am pretty sure you will find lots of useful info here and "meet" great bunch of people

DevilDiver
11-25-2009, 07:35
Welcome!!

mm2002
11-29-2009, 05:58
Welcome fellow Floridian! What part of FL?

snagel
11-29-2009, 07:40
Great, now MM has another Floridian on his side to post about how great the weather and diving is down in Florida.

Welcome and one bit of advice, watch out for MM2002, he can be a very bad influence.

Snagel

mm2002
11-29-2009, 08:11
Great, now MM has another Floridian on his side to post about how great the weather and diving is down in Florida.

Welcome and one bit of advice, watch out for MM2002, he can be a very bad influence.

Snagel

Coming from a guy who just returned from Bonaire........:smiley36:

Splitlip
11-29-2009, 10:53

Snagel

Yesterday was unseasonably cool.
The water warmer than the air.
(did I forget to post these?)

Picasa Web Albums - Debby Diver - ScubaBoard Sa... (http://picasaweb.google.com/Debby.Bradford/ScubaBoardSaturdayAfterThanksgivingTurkeyFryAtBlue HeronBridge)#

http://www.scubaboard.com/gallery/data/4450/cownoserays0911281.jpg
http://evsjupiter.netfirms.com/zoo001t.jpg (http://evsjupiter.netfirms.com/zoo001.jpg)

PACKRMAN
11-29-2009, 15:23
SL you suck!

When I looked at your pictures this morning I noticed some of the people were wearing jackets. I was a good guy and didn't comment. Now, you post that?

:smiley36:

Splitlip
11-29-2009, 16:17
Yeah, yesterday morning was nipply. The folks who got their early had jacks and longsleeve tees. Early afternoon we had mid 70's as we did most of the day today. Today was a chamber of commerce day. I watched ball in the garage then biked on the beach. Seas were pretty flat, but there was a nice little ground swell going, so my daughter got to surf.

Last night it plunged into the low 60's. We had a fire, conch chile (yes conch), grilled chicken wings, Cuban sandwiches and ceasar salad. Topped it all off with smores.

Oh and beer.

The 1st pick I posted was taken by the guy who organized yesterday's SB event.

The second pic is a real time link to the Jupiter inlet. You will see it get dark and you will see the weather get crappy. When the Nor' Easters come. Matt sends them down.

mm2002
11-29-2009, 17:58
Yeah, yesterday morning was nipply. The folks who got their early had jacks and longsleeve tees. Early afternoon we had mid 70's as we did most of the day today. Today was a chamber of commerce day. I watched ball in the garage then biked on the beach. Seas were pretty flat, but there was a nice little ground swell going, so my daughter got to surf.

Last night it plunged into the low 60's. We had a fire, conch chile (yes conch), grilled chicken wings, Cuban sandwiches and ceasar salad. Topped it all off with smores.

Oh and beer.

The second pic is a real time link to the Jupiter inlet. You will see it get dark and you will see the weather get crappy. When the Nor' Easters come. Matt sends them down.

:smiley20: Looks good for now, but next weekend may be 4-6 footers. F it, I'm sure the vis will still be good. I'll be there regardless. You joining us?

Splitlip
11-29-2009, 18:36
not in 4 to 6.

Maybe lunch.

PACKRMAN
11-29-2009, 18:49

Oh and beer.

Brrrrr....
Lows in the 60's, I don't see how you guys sleep at night.

We had 45 with 40 mph winds, spit rain all afternoon.
Froze my nerts until I came in and had a little hot apple pie.

The pics were great. Are the rays local, or was that from a trip?

cowgirldiver
11-30-2009, 12:05
Tim,

There you go with the nipply comments again... I can't believe Lulubelle hasn't jumped on this!!

Splitlip
11-30-2009, 18:24

Oh and beer.

Brrrrr....
Lows in the 60's, I don't see how you guys sleep at night.

We had 45 with 40 mph winds, spit rain all afternoon.
Froze my nerts until I came in and had a little hot apple pie.

The pics were great. Are the rays local, or was that from a trip?

The Rays were that day, taken by Jim (cooltech)
Saturday After Thanksgiving Dive and Picnic @ Blue Heron Bridge - Page 45 - ScubaBoard (http://www.scubaboard.com/forums/trips-local-marketplace-florida/308285-saturday-after-thanksgiving-dive-picnic-blue-heron-bridge-45.html)

Go to the last couple pages you'll see more.

Splitlip
11-30-2009, 18:25
Tim,

There you go with the nipply comments again... I can't believe Lulubelle hasn't jumped on this!!
Hey Janet.

I meant "nippy". Sorry all.

mm2002
11-30-2009, 18:25
not in 4 to 6.

Maybe lunch.

...now they're saying 5 to 7. F it, I'm going anyway....that is, as long as the boat goes. C'mon along bro, I'll bring a couple extra barf bags.

Squidly
11-30-2009, 21:54
Welcome aboard!
im planning another dive down to fla soon i hope!

TommyD
12-02-2009, 08:04
Welcome aboard

cgvmer
12-02-2009, 11:16
Welcome, I (and many people on the board) live elsewhere but dive FL