PDA

View Full Version : Save-A-Dive Kit

Scuba Pete
11-25-2009, 12:13
I am thinking about redoing my save-a-dive kit. I am wondering what you people have in yours. I currently have:

40 piece oring kit
(3) fin straps
(1) snorkel keeper
misc old o-rings
1st stage port plugs
1st stage yoke adapters
misc hoses
spare mask
flashlights
zipties
hose clamps
drysuit zipper wax
sex bolts
misc quick release buckles
bolt snaps
mask strap
hose strain releifs
batteries
2" x 1/8" thick tempered glass lens

I currently have mine in a tool box but am wanting to get a tackle box to better organize the items. So what is in yours?

Scuba Pete
11-25-2009, 12:19
Never mind... I should have searched a little better.

http://forum.scubatoys.com/comments-questions-dont-fit-above/6296-what-your-save-dive-kit.html

and

http://forum.scubatoys.com/how-do-i-fix/21820-save-dive-kit.html

UCFKnightDiver
11-25-2009, 14:11
Not to nit pick but why do you have 3 fin straps? you only dive with two.

russp
11-25-2009, 15:53
Well you've got me beat, all my spare parts and batteries fit in a plastic case no bigger than a shoe box but more importantly, what is a sex bolt?

Scuba Pete
11-25-2009, 16:13
There really was no reason for the 3 fin straps other than i already had 1 and then i changed my fins to the spring straps so i threw those in there. A sex bolt is a bolt in which there are 2 bolts one swrews into the other. Scuba Sex Bolts reviews and discounts, Dive Rite (http://www.scubatoys.com/store/detail.asp?PRODUCT_ID=SSAssemblyScrew) They are used on the zeagle bcds to attach the cumberbond to the harness, dive rite also uses them in the nomad to attach the softplate to the wing.

navyhmc
11-25-2009, 16:20
Well you've got me beat, all my spare parts and batteries fit in a plastic case no bigger than a shoe box but more importantly, what is a sex bolt?

These:

Scuba Sex Bolts reviews and discounts, Dive Rite (http://www.scubatoys.com/store/detail.asp?PRODUCT_ID=SSAssemblyScrew)

Bob-B
11-25-2009, 19:19
I think i have to get a lot more STUFF, and a bigger box to keep it in.

Sex bolts are used when the wife or girlfriend have been away for a while.

Okc_diver
11-25-2009, 21:01
I have: 1 fin strap, 3 gauge dive computer (that I had to use at the DUI rally), allen wrench and scuba wrenched (thanks scubatoys):smiley20: and still growing

navyhmc
11-26-2009, 00:57
For local/regional diving, I have a 18"x9"x 12" Rubbermaid container that includes a lot of other stuff, including a double sided tackle box for the small stuff.

RogerAg
11-26-2009, 12:30
My Save-A-Dive Kit is in a bright Yellow Pelican Case, and some of the things I keep in it is.
1. Spare C-Cards H/W
2. DAN emergency number
3. Wrenches, tools etc.
4. Spare 1st and 2nd stage. (Rotated among 2 other 1st stages and 4 other 2nd stages, so one does not set too long unused.
5. Lots of snorkel keepers (used to hold extra 2nd stage next to BCD.
6. Din so that I can replace the yoke when necessary.
7. Extra mouth piece.
8. 5cc elastic strap about 1 foot long.
9. Extra nuts and bolts that hold BCD to back plate.
10. O-rings
11. 2M X 3/8/BF Adapter
12. Band-aids .
13. O-ring grease (only for my camera).
14. Extra plugs for 1st stage.
15. Nylon tie straps. (Assorted sizes)

In my mask case which is a Pelican Case holds 3 masks 1 for me, 1 for my wife and 1 spare.

In my Regulator case I keep besides 2 sets 1 for me and 1 for my wife.
Spare dive computer, original gages that came with my regs. Extra hoses.

Some of these Items I had to use, BUT one time I need something and I did not have a spar :smiley35: I was in Kona Hawaii and I was diving in just a bathing suite (Speedo, I were Speedos because first of all, I now look like a Greek god after losing almost 100 pounds. And Speedos do not roll or bunch up under a wet-suit. And when you get out of the water it is not COLD!) anyway I got caught in a serge and ripped up my speedo. :anim_moon: My next dive was in trousers.:smiley20:

mm2002
11-29-2009, 08:49
1 roll duct tape
baggie full of zip ties
2 bungie cords
knife

Hell, if I can't fix it with those, it can't be fixed! :smiley36:

Doug B
01-11-2010, 22:16
hmmm....my "save a dive" kit includes:

1. Three "oil cans" of Fosters (for my buddy)
2. One filled flask of Captain Morgan rum (for me)
3. Three cans of Coke (for me)
4. One bucket, filled with ice.
5. One bag of Doritos

If something's broke, and we can't dive.... we've got other options.

Roughwater
01-11-2010, 23:37
Don't laugh - but I have ear plugs in mine.

Not for diving... but for sleeping. (1/2 the time I go away diving I'm either stuck in a room with a real bad snorer, or some turkey next door decides to throw an all night party).

sterlinghe92
01-12-2010, 00:10
were still putting ours together slowly, but so far, spring strps, zipper wax, o-rings for the dry gloves, 1st stage plugs, misc tools, zip ties, batteries. I will soon be adding bolt snaps, shock cord, spare mouth peice, extra hoses, silicone spray, spare mask, spar mask strap, and thats all i can remeber