PDA

View Full Version : H2O audio review - yeah it's awesome!

effinghamdiver
09-01-2007, 10:39
Hey, just wanted to let anyone that is intersted or might have wondered about the H2O audio deep dive case for the Iriver 700 series mp3 players. So far this is the only underwater mp3 player I have found for scuba diving. The case is translucent blue and rated to 300 feet, has a built in amplifier and headphones that either strap to your mask straps or you can take the strap mounts off and then they slip under your hood. I have been using mine for almost a year and love it! Unfortunately they must not have been good sellers because now Iriver has then on closeout, but that makes them cheap ($30 for the housing, and $45 for the player (refurbished) these were originally over $200 for the set. At first I was skeptical, but after my first dive I was hooked, and now each dive is more relaxing than the other. And come on, you know you want to chase fish while listening to Elton John! If anyone else knows of any other scuba mp3 players please let me know, as I may like to try them out too..

Capt Hook
09-01-2007, 12:41
Music underwater, hmm? Don't think it's for me.
Oh well, to each his own.

greyzen
09-01-2007, 15:10
I'm still in awe people do this...
Can I ask a serious question...
WHY?

Is it for background noise?
Do you rock out?

scubasamurai
09-01-2007, 15:34
sorry the most i listen to music was a weeki wachee, they have a sound system that you can hear music. personal i like to listen to the sounds of the ocean whales singing and buddies farting

greyzen
09-01-2007, 16:49
I'm just picturing people hovering over some coral head banging...
:rock::emot-woot::ylsuper:

CrzyJay456
09-01-2007, 16:53
just seems like all the peace and tranquility is blocked out by music.
i like to listen to the sounds of nature, and people breathing near me.

kevinj1
09-01-2007, 23:43
I love the sounds of nature--but--it would be cool to try out an mp3. I bet I could put together a great paylist.

Aussie
09-02-2007, 02:14
The theme from Jaws, Maybe?

Aussie

effinghamdiver
09-03-2007, 21:44
just seems like all the peace and tranquility is blocked out by music.
i like to listen to the sounds of nature, and people breathing near me.

I guess I should have mentioned I am from the midwest. So we have no nature... LOL... I have black water and a large mouth bass... that is it... so I create my own nature. I seem to relax more with music, as I load it with all my favorites, but If you want a tropical feel just add some jimmy buffet and wa-la you are diving in a very bleak, cold tropical island, instead of a very bleak, cold illinois quarry...:smiley20: