PDA

View Full Version : Gloves -

Xspect
09-01-2007, 13:22
I'm looking for two different pairs of gloves one for warm water. The other is for temps around 55 degrees.

What should I be looking for in a decent pair. I really dont like things on my hands while diving. But... experience has shown me its better to cover those paws up.

DivingsInMyBlood
09-01-2007, 13:26
i got some 7mm bare mits for diving cold water they really keep you nice and warm there but they effect the movement of your hands a little bit. I might go to 5 finger 5mm gloves for more movement.

finflippers
09-01-2007, 13:54
This last time I got some supper stretch gloves and love the way they feel.

WV Diver
09-01-2007, 14:09
Here is a good thread you should read that may help you.

http://forum.scubatoys.com/showthread.php?t=2357&highlight=gloves

H2O Skier
09-01-2007, 16:52
I've been diving with a $10 pair of work gloves from the local hardware store. They're great for lobstering as well.

I wouldn't buy 'dive gloves' unless I needed something for extra warmth.

Zenagirl
09-02-2007, 07:41
Ditto H2OSkier....I buy $5 gardening gloves for diving (the ones with the rubberized palms and fabric backs). They're great for gripping and rinse really easily...and frankly, my cheapos have outlasted a friend's dive ones!

Plus if I lose one, who cares, it's only $5 to get 2 new ones!

the gooch
09-02-2007, 21:29
I have a pair of el cheapo Tilos gloves and love 'em for my warm water diving. They were like $15. But I would definitely check out a pair of gloves like ZenaGirl and H20Skier mentioned for warm water.

CompuDude
09-04-2007, 15:31
I'm looking for two different pairs of gloves one for warm water. The other is for temps around 55 degrees.

What should I be looking for in a decent pair. I really dont like things on my hands while diving. But... experience has shown me its better to cover those paws up.
I use 3mm Henderson InstaDry gloves. VERY dexterous, without going thinner you can't compare anything else. Also while my hands get cold on the coldest dives (48-53 degrees), it's nothing I can't live with, and there are no problems in your planned 55 degree range.

As a photographer, I need the extra dexterity and will gladly trade a little warmth (but seriously, not really a problem) for the extra nimbleness.

ScubaGir1
09-04-2007, 15:48
I too have 3mm Henderson gloves. They work GREAT for anything from warm - ~61 degrees (for me anyways). When I was down at 100' and the temp. got around 54-54 degrees, my hands were hurting with my 3mm :( So I'd say get something thicker. But I do love how flexible they are!