PDA

View Full Version : Hello from Chicago

StreetDoctor
12-09-2009, 00:25
Hello, I'm on a lot of the other message boards but I figured it's time I sign up here too especially since winter is upon us. :smiley20:

-Nick

Scuba Pete
12-09-2009, 12:15
It is just downright sucky outside today. I am glad I am off to Florida before the below 0 stuff happens tomorrow. And welcom aboard.

kat
12-09-2009, 12:19
Snow, Ice & 50MPH winds here today.

scubadiver888
12-09-2009, 13:13
Welcome aboard StreetDoctor. There are only a few boards I'm on and this is the only one I frequent daily. Great bunch of people here.

kat, that so stinks. We had snow in the morning turned to freezing rain. Windy but definitely not 50MPH.

h2odragon1
12-09-2009, 13:27
Mitch, is that you?
John M. from CSM

Glub000
12-10-2009, 20:17
Welcome, nice to hear from another frozen diver.

StreetDoctor
12-10-2009, 21:08
Nope not Mitch, Nick lol.

windchill -15 real temp 9... I'll be in florida in february can't wait.

Lulubelle
12-10-2009, 21:30
Welcome Street Doctor, think I recognize you from SB.

I'm in the frozen tundra of Boston at the moment, though not for long. Damn cold here, and winter hasn't even settled in yet. Thin southern blood I guess. :smiley29:

StreetDoctor
12-12-2009, 16:36

I'm in the frozen tundra of Boston at the moment, though not for long. Damn cold here, and winter hasn't even settled in yet. Thin southern blood I guess. :smiley29:

Yup that's me, I have one local trip planned for january so far and possibly one more... then Florida in february. Hopefully that'll get me through the winter. :smiley20: Going from diving once a week to once a month is rough, I need to move somewhere warm.

Lulubelle
12-12-2009, 20:53

Yup that's me, I have one local trip planned for january so far and possibly one more... then Florida in february. Hopefully that'll get me through the winter. :smiley20: Going from diving once a week to once a month is rough, I need to move somewhere warm.

Local diving trips near Chicago in January? Surely you jest. You might as well join those ice divers in Switzerland. Now FL is more like it.

I've been dry since September :smiley13: I feel a winter trip far south of here coming on.

StreetDoctor
12-13-2009, 11:05
Unfortunately no, it shouldn't be frozen over just yet but I'm sure it'll be a tab bit cold out. Ice diving comes in February right before our trip to Florida :smiley20: Thinking optimistically at least visibility should be really good.

kat
12-13-2009, 13:55
I've been dry since September, but I don't own a drysuit. Husband dove lake MI wet in October....said it was a little cool.

StreetDoctor
12-13-2009, 14:29
I haven't been in the water since mid november, I'm losing it... there's no way I'll make it all winter. I will get my gear together and jump in the bath tub if necessary. :smiley36:

kat
12-13-2009, 14:57
I haven't been in the water since mid november, I'm losing it... there's no way I'll make it all winter. I will get my gear together and jump in the bath tub if necessary. :smiley36:
I know. Right now, my reg is in for annual inspection. When I get it back, I might try to get in the pool with a class just to blow some bubbles.

StreetDoctor
12-13-2009, 18:58
I know. Right now, my reg is in for annual inspection. When I get it back, I might try to get in the pool with a class just to blow some bubbles.

Now that you mention it... I have 3 tanks and a reg getting O2 cleaned and an argon bottle getting a VIP, and then I'll be in search of a pool. Are you from the Chicago area? Any leads on where me and a buddy could get some pool time? I need to figure out trim adjustments for "summertime" undergarments, AL80 doubles and a deco bottle. None of which I have dove before :smiley36: