PDA

View Full Version : Big thanks to Quero!

hoop
12-09-2009, 21:54
I just wanted to let the board members know that if you have ever had the smallest interest in Thailand, DO IT!!! Our fellow board member Quero (Marcia) guided me through every step of the way, making it a painless, easy, simple process! She has the lowdown on dive operations, places to stay, things to do, etc... She did a fantastic job for me, and I would like to publicly thank her for the personal attention to detail she provided. AND, if she insists you stay smack dab in the middle of the Phuket madness, don't listen to her!! (I kid Marcia, I kid!!:smiley36:)

Seriously, it was a life changing vacation for me... Beautiful country, and wonderful people. The diving, well, it was without doubt the best I've ever done... I will be back!

Thanks again Marcia, you're a class act! :smiley32:

nrembis
12-09-2009, 22:42
when did you go?

CompuDude
12-09-2009, 23:07
I just wanted to let the board members know that if you have ever had the smallest interest in Thailand, DO IT!!! Our fellow board member Quero (Marcia) guided me through every step of the way, making it a painless, easy, simple process! She has the lowdown on dive operations, places to stay, things to do, etc... She did a fantastic job for me, and I would like to publicly thank her for the personal attention to detail she provided. AND, if she insists you stay smack dab in the middle of the Phuket madness, don't listen to her!! (I kid Marcia, I kid!!:smiley36:)

Seriously, it was a life changing vacation for me... Beautiful country, and wonderful people. The diving, well, it was without doubt the best I've ever done... I will be back!

Thanks again Marcia, you're a class act! :smiley32:

Agreed 100%

Wish I could go back soon!

scubastud
12-10-2009, 05:18
Well, I am a heck of a lot closer to Thailand now... hmmmm

Quero
12-10-2009, 06:44
Hey Hoop! Thanks for those kind words! :smiley31:

I'm so pleased you had such a good time and enjoyed great dives.

About Patong, where you stayed... what a zoo, huh? But then, sometimes a visit to the zoo can be quite interesting.:smiley3: I'm quite sure I described to you the ways that Patong is "special," and now that you've experienced it firsthand, you can understand why it's so popular among visiting US sailors on shore leave from their vessels; it's their kind of town! (We had about 5,500 of them from five ships all at once in June, and another 6,000 - 7,000 from 2 ships in September, spending an estimated 1 million dollars a day on the various "pleasures" of Patong over a 5 day stay YouTube - 6000 US sailors in Phuket (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ciL3vbkO7ts)).

Fortunately for those of us who have different priorities, the SCUBA diving here is great, too!

scubastud
12-10-2009, 13:09
Quero I am lazy, how long is the plane trip from Guam to Phuket?

Yes, I know about sailors and ports like the one there and say Olongapo, Singapore and such ... we sailors like to shop. There are a lot of shoe stores and clothing outlets in these places and sailors are known for shoppin till we drop!

:smiley2:

Quero
12-10-2009, 19:26
Quero I am lazy, how long is the plane trip from Guam to Phuket?

Yes, I know about sailors and ports like the one there and say Olongapo, Singapore and such ... we sailors like to shop. There are a lot of shoe stores and clothing outlets in these places and sailors are known for shoppin till we drop!

:smiley2:
AFAIK, there are no nonstops between Guam and Bangkok. It seems that all flights have one stop at Narita. Check with Continental and All Nipon for schedules (I would support you in your laziness, but I'd need travel dates to help you with that kind of research.) Once you reach Bangkok, there are tons of daily flights to Phuket on a one-hour hop.

As for shopping... to be honest, most sailors don't disembark, get a taxi and head straight for the mall when they get here. But yeah, if you're ready to shop till you drop, I guess you could do that here for a day or two as we've got two malls. Singapore is better in that respect, though, with hundreds of malls. There's no decent diving available there though, or nice beaches. :smiley16:

scubastud
12-11-2009, 01:01
Was teasin.. I know what those naughty sailors do in Thailand after several weeks at sea!

Quero
12-11-2009, 01:15
Was teasin.. I know what those naughty sailors do in Thailand after several weeks at sea! So was I :naughty:

(And so do I, but a lady tries not to be too explicit, you know :smiley9: )

whitepointer
12-13-2009, 18:09
Was teasin.. I know what those naughty sailors do in Thailand after several weeks at sea!
Hey i know one of those naughty sailors, it is a wonderful place. as for the trip there, there is a flight that goes from here to Manila and then on to Bangkok and then once in Bangkok you can catch a connecting flight to Phuket. When i was there it was off season and none of the dive shops were open.