PDA

View Full Version : Just purchased a Galileo Luna with wireless transmitter

mmcguire2002
12-15-2009, 10:35
I plan on keeping my analog gauges as a back up. My question is if it is possible to some how connect both my wireless transmitter and analog gauge to my air supply, or do most people just keep the analog gauge as a back up for depth and compass?

DevilDiver
12-15-2009, 10:43
Just connect the transmitter to an available HP port on your 1st stage and leave the analog gauge as is.

Vlane
12-15-2009, 10:46
Most people will not use gauges as a back up, but like DevilDiver said you can use them if you have another HP port available. Most will use a backup computer rather than gauges.

CompuDude
12-15-2009, 10:47
I keep my analog SPG as a backup. It's also more convenient to glance at the SPG, rather than messing around with the getting the computer to register pressure, when you're rigging back up after a fill or before the dive. (You're in SoCal, so if you're diving local boats, you'll be getting fills between dives and you'll see what I mean)

As long as you have two HP ports on your first stage (all but the cheapest or very old have two), it's no problem, just use the transmitter in the second HP port and leave the SPG where it is.

mmcguire2002
12-15-2009, 12:31
I keep my analog SPG as a backup. It's also more convenient to glance at the SPG, rather than messing around with the getting the computer to register pressure, when you're rigging back up after a fill or before the dive. (You're in SoCal, so if you're diving local boats, you'll be getting fills between dives and you'll see what I mean)

As long as you have two HP ports on your first stage (all but the cheapest or very old have two), it's no problem, just use the transmitter in the second HP port and leave the SPG where it is.

Perfect. That is what I was looking to hear. The new set up I just bought does have 2 HP ports. I plan on keeping the analog as a safety back up. I've read all the posts for and against the need for this in Recreational Diving, but my boating experience has taught me that eventually everything can and will go wrong. I'd rather have the back up.

kat
12-16-2009, 22:16
You'll love the Luna. My husband dives the Sol and has never had any issues. I might get a Luna this year if the budget allows.

mmcguire2002
12-17-2009, 11:51
You'll love the Luna. My husband dives the Sol and has never had any issues. I might get a Luna this year if the budget allows.

I found mine online, with wireless transmitter, for under $900. There are good deals right now for the holidays.

MHM

CompuDude
12-17-2009, 12:03

I found mine online, with wireless transmitter, for under $900. There are good deals right now for the holidays.

MHM

I take it you didn't buy from an authorized dealer, if you bought it online.

Cross your fingers you don't need any warranty help!

mmcguire2002
12-18-2009, 12:14

MHM

Uwatec Galileo Luna with Transmitter. Instruments Computers, Scubastore.com, buy, offers, scuba-diving (http://www.scubastore.com/scuba-diving/uwatec-galileo-luna-with-tran/6000/p)

It is an authorized dealer...just overseas. I'll let you know how it works out. It does cover a full manufacturers warranty.

MHM

CompuDude
12-18-2009, 12:35

MHM

Uwatec Galileo Luna with Transmitter. Instruments Computers, Scubastore.com, buy, offers, scuba-diving (http://www.scubastore.com/scuba-diving/uwatec-galileo-luna-with-tran/6000/p)

It is an authorized dealer...just overseas. I'll let you know how it works out. It does cover a full manufacturers warranty.

MHM

When you buy overseas, ScubaPro USA will not service it. You'll have to send it to ScubaPro Europe.

Yeah. It sucks.

mmcguire2002
12-18-2009, 13:55

MHM

MHM

When you buy overseas, ScubaPro USA will not service it. You'll have to send it to ScubaPro Europe.

Yeah. It sucks.

That does suck...but the cost of sending it back overseas, even if I had to do it twice, is still better than what I would have paid in the states I think.

CompuDude
12-18-2009, 14:07
True, as long as you don't need it in a hurry.

mmcguire2002
12-18-2009, 15:54
True, as long as you don't need it in a hurry.

I've always got my analog as a backup...

Travman
01-06-2010, 16:57
I have a Galileo Sol and I have an Mares Airlab as my backup. Its saved me on 1 dive. The Sol completely froze about 10 minutes in, so I was very glad to have a good backup as it was a great dive.

SHAGGY
02-23-2010, 21:46
I plan on keeping my analog gauges as a back up. My question is if it is possible to some how connect both my wireless transmitter and analog gauge to my air supply, or do most people just keep the analog gauge as a back up for depth and compass?

So,... how do you like the LUna so far. I just ordered one from my LDS and waiting on it to arrive.