PDA

View Full Version : Bermuda Diving

scubasavvy
12-20-2009, 16:05
Hi kids,

It's been a while since I've posted anything, but I've been busy with school and work. Nevertheless, I will be going on vacation to Bermuda in July to celebrate graduating undergrad and getting into law school and I was wondering if there were any good operations that I should dive with? It will be my first time diving out of New England, so I'm totally stoked. Any thoughts would be appreciated!

mocepts
12-20-2009, 19:46
We cruised there last May, and did a few dives while on the Island. We dove with Blue Water Divers (http://www.divebermuda.com/). We did a few shore dives from Elbow Beach, and a 2-tank boat dive. They were very friendly and accommodating, and I would definitely use them again.

navyhmc
12-21-2009, 03:21
I borrowed some snorkel gear from Blue Water Divers a couple of years ago while on a lay over in Bermuda. I will second the good guy vote for them.

Miked
12-21-2009, 10:23
If you've never been to Bermuda, you might want to dive with an op. that is close to where you will be staying.
Check through other Bermuda related threads for info on taxis, buses, no car rentals, etc.[My typing is waaay too slow to try to give all the info before I have to head out to work] If you have other specific questions, ask away, and I'll try to reply when I get home.

Blue Water Divers has a good reputation, as does Triangle Divers.
I personally have enjoyed diving with Dive Bermuda. They have a shop located at the Beach at the Fairmont Southampton hotel.They have always provided me with excellent service.
I love Bermuda. I hope that you enjoy your trip.

scubasavvy
12-25-2009, 15:31
Thanks folks. I've heard a lot of good stuff about Blue Water Divers. We're docking in King's Wharf, so I'm going to take a look around and see what else I can find in the area.

mocepts
12-26-2009, 10:25
Thanks folks. I've heard a lot of good stuff about Blue Water Divers. We're docking in King's Wharf, so I'm going to take a look around and see what else I can find in the area.

We also docked at Kings Wharf. We did a couple dives off Elbow Beach. The dives were very nice, but it was about a 30 - 40 minute bus ride to get there, and I would compare the bus ride there to the scariest roller coaster you have ever been on.

Another day, we did some boat dives from Somerset Bridge dock. Only about a 10 minute bus ride from Kings Wharf.

Elbow Beach was nice, but if I had it to do over again, I would do all boat dives.

navyhmc
12-26-2009, 11:03

We also docked at Kings Wharf. We did a couple dives off Elbow Beach. The dives were very nice, but it was about a 30 - 40 minute bus ride to get there, and I would compare the bus ride there to the scariest roller coaster you have ever been on.

Another day, we did some boat dives from Somerset Bridge dock. Only about a 10 minute bus ride from Kings Wharf.

Elbow Beach was nice, but if I had it to do over again, I would do all boat dives.

No, scary bus ride is from Agua Prieta Mexico to Hermisillo via Trans Norte De Sonora Bus lines. :yikes: