PDA

View Full Version : Starting to shake

Lake Michijim
12-21-2009, 07:18
Haven't been in the water since Sunday December 6th. Starting to go through withdralls:smiley11:. LOL. Lake Michigan is flat as glass today. Might have to do a shore dive. I don't know if I can hold out until January 1st!

navyhmc
12-21-2009, 07:23
I feel your pain...Get thy self to the waters!!! Be safe and have fun!

crosseyed95
01-05-2010, 19:04
Haven't been in the water since Sunday December 6th. Starting to go through withdralls:smiley11:. LOL. Lake Michigan is flat as glass today. Might have to do a shore dive. I don't know if I can hold out until January 1st!

Lake Michijim,

Did you get any dives in?? I've been down and out for a month. Appendix decided to explode and they had to rip it out and flush me out. It happened on Dec 5th and I had my gear packed for that afternoon. Three of us were going out for a boat dive (that's right, we had a boat dive planned). Now that we have ice everywhere I'm wishing I had done the dive on the way to the hospital.

I'll be good enough for ice diving this winter and like you I'm itching.

crosseyed95

inventor
01-05-2010, 19:16

Lake Michijim,

Did you get any dives in?? I've been down and out for a month. Appendix decided to explode and they had to rip it out and flush me out. It happened on Dec 5th and I had my gear packed for that afternoon. Three of us were going out for a boat dive (that's right, we had a boat dive planned). Now that we have ice everywhere I'm wishing I had done the dive on the way to the hospital.

I'll be good enough for ice diving this winter and like you I'm itching.

crosseyed95

Better there than in the water. But still, horribly bad thing. Hope all goes well.

Lake Michijim
01-06-2010, 06:01
I dove the pool at a local YMCA. I videoed some Discover Scuba students for the LDS and did some regulator testing. I feel a little better now. My dive group meets tonight. Maybe we'll get an ice dive together. One of the guys bought out the ice diving gear from the dive shop that went out of business in Sheboygan last fall. Nothing like a good ice dive! Diving, beer and hot chili, yeah!

crosseyed95
01-06-2010, 18:12
I dove the pool at a local YMCA. I videoed some Discover Scuba students for the LDS and did some regulator testing. I feel a little better now. My dive group meets tonight. Maybe we'll get an ice dive together. One of the guys bought out the ice diving gear from the dive shop that went out of business in Sheboygan last fall. Nothing like a good ice dive! Diving, beer and hot chili, yeah!

Apparently I was trained differently than you when it comes to ice diving. I was taught that it was diving, beer and brats. Course, last two out of the water always end up with a burnt brat.

Hope you had a good meeting.

crosseyed95

clavicl3
01-06-2010, 18:18
if you need a quick fix, fill the tub, and put on your mask and snorkel.

Lake Michijim
01-07-2010, 08:40
if you need a quick fix, fill the tub, and put on your mask and snorkel.

No can do. I don't have the PADI tub diving card! LOL

Lake Michijim
01-07-2010, 08:42

Apparently I was trained differently than you when it comes to ice diving. I was taught that it was diving, beer and brats. Course, last two out of the water always end up with a burnt brat.

Hope you had a good meeting.

crosseyed95

Brat's would work just fine!

Daved
01-07-2010, 21:00
Starting to shake---just thinking about diving through the ice. Go to the lotto store---maybe you can go someplace warm!

scubajane
01-08-2010, 18:20
watch old Sea Hunt shows
wear your gear to shovel your driveway
dive at the pool
volunteer to dive at the local aquarium
play Wii endless ocean
fly somewhere warm

crosseyed95
01-28-2010, 17:36
Lake Michijim,

Looking for posts and nothing new here. Then I saw your heading "starting to shake" and felt it was appropriate for right now. Course, you are only shaking right now because it's negative 5 outside with 30 mph winds.

I think I'm going to relocate and join our fellow Canadian divers. Maybe it's warmer up there.

crosseyed95

Lake Michijim
01-28-2010, 20:41
Lake Michijim,

Looking for posts and nothing new here. Then I saw your heading "starting to shake" and felt it was appropriate for right now. Course, you are only shaking right now because it's negative 5 outside with 30 mph winds.

I think I'm going to relocate and join our fellow Canadian divers. Maybe it's warmer up there.

crosseyed95

Well, the pressure is off a bit. I'm doing a pool dive to test a reg I rebuilt tomorrow. Ice diving this weekend. And I've gotten myself onto the local dive rescue squad and theres a training dive on Monday night. At least I'm getting underwater now. Whew, it was rough for a while!

Jim

crosseyed95
01-29-2010, 19:16
Lake Michijim,

crosseyed95

Well, the pressure is off a bit. I'm doing a pool dive to test a reg I rebuilt tomorrow. Ice diving this weekend. And I've gotten myself onto the local dive rescue squad and theres a training dive on Monday night. At least I'm getting underwater now. Whew, it was rough for a while!

Jim

Before you know it we'll be on the water with our boats. You tie up to me or vise versa. Then I'll get to watch you jump in without your weights and you'll see me splash without my fins. Finally we'll get under and during that time the DNR will show up and write you a ticket for no dive flag. I'll be laughing until I notice that my dog crapped in the cabin.

Aw, good times a comin I tell ya.

crosseyed95