PDA

View Full Version : Twit filter?

Defman
01-01-2010, 16:44
The ignore list doesn't do what I hoped. I'd like to filter out threads started by person/persons, because they are usually just really stupid.

inventor
01-01-2010, 16:53
(Deleted)

fire diver
01-01-2010, 17:13
The ignore list doesn't do what I hoped. I'd like to filter out threads started by person/persons, because they are usually just really stupid.

I told you, you can't escape my questions! :smiley2:

inventor
01-01-2010, 17:28

(Deleted)

fire diver
01-01-2010, 19:18
(Deleted)

(Deleted)

Sooooooo..... I guess if you can't say anything nice, say nothing at all?

Scuba Pete
01-02-2010, 18:49
This is the most informative thread ever. (deleted:) Haha. All i can say is grow up. Dont read the posts and they wont offend you. Problem solved.

inventor
01-02-2010, 18:50
This is the most informative thread ever. (deleted:) Haha. All i can say is grow up. Dont read the posts and they wont offend you. Problem solved.

No, I'm making a lame joke about the posts being filtered.:smiley31::smiley36:

Vercingetorix
01-02-2010, 21:41
Defman, how is it failing? I ask, because I placed you on my Ignore list and re-entered the forum. Your posts were not displayed.

I then removed you from the Ignore list and re-entered the forum. All your posts were displayed.

I'm not asking for the specific folks you want to Ignore. Just, what results are you getting? Are you re-entering the forum after you add the person(s) to your Ignore list?

Defman
01-03-2010, 07:10
Defman, how is it failing? I ask, because I placed you on my Ignore list and re-entered the forum. Your posts were not displayed.

I then removed you from the Ignore list and re-entered the forum. All your posts were displayed.

I'm not asking for the specific folks you want to Ignore. Just, what results are you getting? Are you re-entering the forum after you add the person(s) to your Ignore list?

Ah... I still see threads started by the person but can't see their messages in the threads.

wgt
01-06-2010, 06:32
I have raised the same question twice before. My preferred approach is to look under "New Posts." However, when particular users universally post outside of my areas of interst, then I would prefer to have a filter do the work for me. Given the number of times per year that I would look under "New Posts," it would save me a lot of time to have a filter that would simply hide threads launched by particular users.

In other words, there need not be any antisocial intent behind the use of such a filter.

Ah... I still see threads started by the person but can't see their messages in the threads.

FishFood
01-06-2010, 08:00
Works for me. I haven't seen a post by inventor in a few weeks. Oh wait, hope he doesn't see this thread :smilie39::smiley2:

Noob
01-06-2010, 12:33

No, I'm making a lame joke about the posts being filtered.:smiley31::smiley36:

LOL, I laughed at the lame joke.

inventor
01-06-2010, 13:20
Works for me. I haven't seen a post by inventor in a few weeks. Oh wait, hope he doesn't see this thread :smilie39::smiley2:

Filing patents soon.

Then they'll see. Muahahahahah. Dang, that was out loud again wasn't it.