PDA

View Full Version : Howdy from Northern California

ZKY
01-05-2010, 20:18
Hi all,

New guy on the board (but not to diving)

I actually found this forum by accident. I wondered where everyone went to from the other board.
I send everyone to this website to buy their accessories for their Freedom Plates (I'm the guy who makes them).
This is a great online store, isn't it?!

My name is Eric Sedletzky and I live in Santa Rosa, CA (just north of SF)
I've been diving for about 14 years total including freediving. I started freediving for abalone up on the North Coast back around "95-'96, then got scuba certified in 1998 through PADI.
After a few years I got into tech diving through TDI and did advanced nitrox and deco proceedures. I lost interest in it shortly after. I didn't consider it fun to hang in deco and there really isn't that much around here to see that requires tech profiles. I also didn't have the time or the money to do it the way I wanted, and also because of the risk factor with my wife and kid (being the primary provider), so I went back to just regular diving. I dive to have fun.

I mostly dive up on the North Coast (north of SF). I go to Monterey occasionally, and I also try to book a few Socal boat charters each year for some bug diving.
But I prefer to dive in my own back yard overall. We have some great diving up this way. I also have a boat, which helps to get to the better spots.

I recently aquired a DA Aquamaster double hose and got into vintage diving.
It's the most fun I think I've ever had diving, seriously!
I've never had so much fun just doing simple 30-40 foot reef dives.
I feel like a newbie again, it's great!!!

I also dive regular modern gear, but with a minimalist approach.

Anyway, this seems like a fun site.

Cheers!

Eric

oniell121
01-06-2010, 18:11
Yay, more NorCal! I'm in Volcano. East of Sac.

ZKY
01-06-2010, 20:03
Yay, more NorCal! I'm in Volcano. East of Sac.
Right on!
Hey, join us for a North Coast Divers dive sometime.
First saturday of each month.

E

oniell121
01-06-2010, 20:56
Ya, I'm a member of the NCD website. After I get certified, I would love to come down the mountain and join you.

fisheater
01-06-2010, 22:00
Hi Eric.

Welcome to ScubaToys' board.

Glad you're here.

keving58
01-10-2010, 22:26
I'm in Vallejo CA. I've been certified since '95. I took a few years off until I got back into the water in '08.

Previously I had been exclusively a cold water diver but in '09 I ventured to Cocoview and Cabo San Lucas, twice to the latter.

The warm water really grows on one. I am scheduled to go back to Cocoview in March, I am trying to decide if I am going to Cabo Pulmo or someplace else this fall. I am thinking real hard about Palau, Truk, or the Philippines in '11.

I do try to get in at Monterey occasionally, and one day I want to get back to the Channel Islands.

My original paper log was lost to the ages but going by memory and the much more reliable computer bought in '08, I am right around 100 dives. This has all been rec style but I am beginning to feel the tug of the dark side :smiley2:

fisheater
01-11-2010, 00:49
Hey Kevin.

Come on out and join us on the North Coast sometime.

Welcome to The North Coast Divers! (http://www.thenorthcoastdivers.org)