PDA

View Full Version : This takes the cake!

fire diver
09-02-2007, 22:13
OK, I've found a lot of stuff in the last few years of diving. Masks, snorkels, octo-keepers, weights, bands, etc. This weekend was tops for sure. How about finding and entire reg set? :smiley32: Laying on a secluded beach section, no people, boats, or floats around. Secondary and octo were full of sand and debris. Looks like it had been there since the lake level was much higher early in the summer. :smiley21:

After a basic rinse out, I hooked it up to a tank, and everything works. Since getting it home, I tore it down. Deffinately submerged. Sand in all the crevices, under the hose protectors, etc. Hopefully the valve inlet screen kept the inside clean enough. Going to have it torn down and rebuilt. It's a decent, name-brand reg with SPG and Depth guage console.

If you think this might be yours, let me know the make and serial numbers. It's last dive was to about 48 feet.

FD

PS- Now I just need to find a set of fins, a tank, and a BC!
PPS- I never thought about this. Maybe all this stuff was with it and simply washed out into the lake. Maybe I need to make an exploritory dive!

finflippers
09-02-2007, 22:37
Good find.:smiley32:
When are you going to look for the rest:smilie40:

dmdoss
09-02-2007, 22:48
Did you find them at Beaver? Wow, what a find. Wonder if anybody's gonna claim them?

fire diver
09-02-2007, 22:49
No, found them at Tenkiller. Trying to identify the 1st stage right now.

FD

fire diver
09-02-2007, 22:50
Good find.:smiley32:
When are you going to look for the rest:smilie40:
Well, I have a deco class there in November, so at least by then!

FD

fire diver
09-02-2007, 22:59
I also got about 80' of hi-vis pink cave line. A class last year ran a connection from all the submerged objects. The line was either cut or broke. Looked cut to me. But that line floating loose in bad vis could have been real trouble for a new diver, so I rolled it up around my hand and stuck in it my weight pouch. Only found one section of it. I wonder what happened to all the rest?

FD

mm_dm
09-02-2007, 23:04
Bad viz at Tenkiller...there's a new one...

Congrats on your find. I bet the perp will be a bit shy on this one...

DivingsInMyBlood
09-02-2007, 23:19
great find all i seem to see here is sunglasses, beer cans, beer bottles and the instructor found a hash pipe last week.

JahJahwarrior
09-02-2007, 23:33
some people have all the luck....all I ever find is trash. Found an anchor once, but it's a cheap $15 one, and I didn't even find it diving, I noticed it while motoring to a dive site in 6 feet of water.....my buddy has found a $60 lift bag.

Of course if I really wanted to, I could find lots of tanks people forgot about in the mouths of caves around here, but they are getting smarter and are putting their deco gas just after a first bend or somethign to keep OW divers from "finding" it :)

mm_dm
09-03-2007, 00:03
You say you found a hash pipe? Did it, by chance have a...oh, never mind.

Divegirl
09-03-2007, 01:13
Great find!!! I think it is mine, where did you say you were diving/ Oh yea I dive there,
NO just kidding. That is great, I am always in such awe, that I forget to look for anything other than FISH, and things that move.

Cheddarchick
09-03-2007, 07:24
I found a brand new boat anchor in Pearl Lake once.....Cheddarguy wouldn't drag it around the quarry for an hour for me, so I left it...

fire diver
09-03-2007, 07:41
I've found so much stuff at the popular OW dive sites, that it's become like treasure hunting for me. I always scour the bottom looking for lost stuff. Still waiting to find a lost computer. It's about the only thing a person might lose without noticing for a while, that I haven't found yet.

I'm surprised that I haven't found any anchors. There's plenty of trees and tree roots under our lakes to get the lines wrapped up in.

FD

fire diver
09-03-2007, 07:43
Of course if I really wanted to, I could find lots of tanks people forgot about in the mouths of caves around here, but they are getting smarter and are putting their deco gas just after a first bend or somethign to keep OW divers from "finding" it :)

This is why I can't bring myself to drop deco tanks. Maybe if I was at some depth no OW diver would venture too, but I haven't even gone that deep myself.

FD

Suther2136
09-03-2007, 07:46
If you want to know who they belong to perhaps an e-mail to the reg manufacturer with the serial number would get you a name. If they registered the equipment, they OEM could look it up.

Black-Gorrilla
09-03-2007, 08:05
send it in for service and cleaning, and you gotta spares now.
good find!

scubasamurai
09-03-2007, 09:13
wow thats a good find, keep us posted if someone claims its, maybe put it for used gear for sale hahah

mm_dm
09-03-2007, 10:00
I found a clay joint holder once. It was shaped like a disk and had a hole running through it wide to hold a...well, you know. It was painted pretty wild and kiln fired. I put it on the display case at the LDS with all the other crap we find on dives. The store manager had to get rid of it though, 'cause one day he was doing some paper work near that counter when he noticed that old familiar smell.

ScaredSilly
09-04-2007, 14:44
If you dive here you can find lots of gear

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zr5doYH5dXc

And a few carcasses as well. :scared:

fire diver
09-04-2007, 15:56
Ok, that was just wrong.

Vegas
09-04-2007, 17:53
You know, it takes an enthusiastic lake diver to TRULY appreciate the huge diversity in species of beer cans and beer bottles one can discover lurking in their favorite cove.....

Charlotte Smith
09-04-2007, 18:40
We have found at least 12 anchors so far this year...good ones too....most with the ropes still wrapped around the tree trunks.....we keep all of our friends boats stocked with the best.....found 3 this weekend.