PDA

View Full Version : Hello from Chicago

Letsndy
01-08-2010, 11:20
Hows it going everyone? im new to the whole diving thing. ive done a couple discovery dives. about to start the certification process. i cant wait!

Vercingetorix
01-08-2010, 11:23
Welcome to the forum and to diving. Where are you doing your certification?

Letsndy
01-08-2010, 11:34
thanks, a place called dive right in

ppo2_diver
01-08-2010, 21:18
Welcome to the board. Hope to see you around. Diving locally is a lot of fun. Some great shipwrecks in Lake Michigan.

scubadiver888
01-09-2010, 08:14

Hey, I know this place. My wife and I were driving through the area (heading for a dog show out west). I tried to convince her to let me stop at the shop but she nixed that idea. :smiley13:

Anyways, welcome to the forum.

Letsndy
01-09-2010, 11:16

Hey, I know this place. My wife and I were driving through the area (heading for a dog show out west). I tried to convince her to let me stop at the shop but she nixed that idea. :smiley13:

Anyways, welcome to the forum.
thanks everyone!!! yeah its a real nice shop! well only one ive ever been to lol. but mike took ALOT of time to answer all of my questions. alot of which were probably ridiculous

StreetDoctor
01-09-2010, 16:14
Welcome!

scubajane
01-09-2010, 17:17
I have always said...
it's better to ask a stupid question than to do a stupid thing!!

K9Pig
01-09-2010, 17:48

Welcome to the ScubaToys....

You will be extremely happy with Dive Right In Scuba. Mike Pederson runs a FIRST CLASS operation. Tell Mike his favorite cop from the Midwest said HI....

Letsndy
01-09-2010, 21:01

Welcome to the ScubaToys....

You will be extremely happy with Dive Right In Scuba. Mike Pederson runs a FIRST CLASS operation. Tell Mike his favorite cop from the Midwest said HI....
will do!!!

thanks everyone for the kind welcome. i cant wait till i get certified:smilie40:

Jack Hammer
01-11-2010, 11:36
Welcome. You've lucked out with a local dive shop (LDS) that has great prices and scores low on the BS meter. For local diving Haigh quarry opens in April and charters usually start in Lake Michigan around May (though the water will still be in the 40* range.

Check out Chicago Scuba Meetup (http://www.meetup.com/chicago-scuba-meetup/)(CSM) to hook up with more local divers and events.

TwistedSister209
01-11-2010, 20:29
Welcome!!