PDA

View Full Version : hello from NC... lots of questions PLEASE OPEN!!!!!

jviljoen
01-09-2010, 14:35
hey guys i am gonna start my open water training on feb 6th and im really excited.... i just have one question real quick! im certifying for NAUI and i have one of my friends told me that PADI is better to get cause its accepted more world wide.... is it true? should i still get NAUI or both? if im NAUI certified do i need to take a whole new open water course to do get PADI certified?

Panmanmatt
01-09-2010, 14:57
Welcome to the forums.

Both PADI and NAUI are recognized world wide. Neither agency is better or worse than the other.

I have a PADI OW and am currently taking a NAUI AOW course. Take which ever is more convenient for you and through which ever shop you like best. In reality, the instructors can make or break the course not the certifying agency.

jviljoen
01-09-2010, 15:15
thanx i appreciate the info!

scubajane
01-09-2010, 17:15
first lesson.....
breathe....slowly.....

inventor
01-09-2010, 17:18
Welcome! We got some folks in NC, sure you'll be hearin' from 'em!:smiley20:

jviljoen
01-09-2010, 19:32
sweet id love to meet some people to go out with and dive here in nc... and thanx for the first lesson info... ill keep it in mind lol :-)

skdvr
01-09-2010, 22:14
What part of NC??? I do not live there now but I have lived in Cary, New Bern, and Morehead City.

As has already been mentioned you will have no problems with a NAUI OW certification anywhere that you go... Have fun and let us know how it goes...

Phil

jviljoen
01-09-2010, 22:21
i live in raleigh NC so i live really close to cary! im glad that i wont have any probs with the naui ow cert! if i havnt said it to everyone but thanx for replying back and giving me info... now just waiting for some local divers to reply back and hopefully invite me out with them! :smiley20: i wish it was warmer already so i could go out.... i should be all good to go by the time my ow cert is done in the end of feb :smiley32:

skdvr
01-09-2010, 22:25
Go over to the Southeast part of the forum and introduce yourself there. More or the NC people will see that then they will in this section. I am sure you will find plenty of buddies on the board. There are some very good people on here that would be be more than happy to dive with you after you get your OW.

Phil

jviljoen
01-09-2010, 22:28
thanx a lot phil.... u have been a great help! i appreciate it!