PDA

View Full Version : sitech (SP?) dry gloves

sterlinghe92
01-11-2010, 16:45
what do you guys think of the sitech dry gloves? the ones where you pop them over your existing seals and get a home depot rubber glove?

tc_rain
01-11-2010, 19:35
They are great.

CompuDude
01-12-2010, 21:52
I prefer the Diving Concepts (Skaana), but as I understand it, the newly-redesigned SiTech ring system is pretty decent. The older SiTech system had some real issues, however, so make sure you're getting the right one.

sterlinghe92
01-12-2010, 21:55
i think their new? i got the from my LDS. they havent leaked yet only problem i have had is i could fit my hand trough something i was working on haha :(

tc_rain
01-13-2010, 07:54
The older Si-Tech ring system just pushed on and you had to turn a ring to take the gloves off. A lot of people complained that this system leaked but I never had a problem; just lucky I guess. This system was easily identified by equally spaced lobes around the outer ring. The new Si-Tech system you actually twist the outer ring to lock the gloves on and twist it to unlock so they can be removed. This system has no lobes on the outer ring. This is what I currently use and I can’t say they are better or worse then the old system. Si-Tech states you can actually hear a click when they lock but I haven’t ever heard or felt it. I usually have to twist it a few times just to make sure the ring won’t turn anymore to assure me they are locked. No real complaints on either system. They keep my hands dry and warm just like they are supposed to do.

cyclone3565
02-13-2011, 20:06
the SI system is great, I have the ones that push on and they work great.

ScubaDiverMaan
11-01-2013, 05:48
It's good but I prefer the Nordic Blue Dry Gloves more... comfortable and easy to use. Check their site.