PDA

View Full Version : How to adjust my regulators

kalokairi
09-03-2007, 04:25
My husband bought me a set of regulators and the primary works fine. My viper octo on the other hand is hard to breath out of. Where is the adjustment for this and if it is too technical should I take it to a dive shop? Thanks

Xspect
09-03-2007, 10:11
Take it back where you brought it and either have it adjusted or exchanged it for something better

Black-Gorrilla
09-03-2007, 11:00
My husband bought me a set of regulators and the primary works fine. My viper octo on the other hand is hard to breath out of. Where is the adjustment for this and if it is too technical should I take it to a dive shop? Thanks

depends on what you consider too technical?? you should take it back and have it taken care of, but if it's not too far from you. if it's gonna be too much of a hassle you can adjust it yourself...
i'll let Larry chime in before i show you how to adjust it.

thesmoothdome
09-03-2007, 11:50
As a general rule, Octos will be harder to breathe from than a well tuned primary. This is to prevent free flow of the octo, which will just be hanging around during most (hopefully all) of your diving.

awap
09-03-2007, 11:58
When is the last time you changed your tire?

If you really think you are up to it (it's not that hard if you are mechanically inclined) this link will take you to a rather extensive Dacor manual: www.frogkick.dk/manuals/dacor/DACOR%20USA%2002.pdf

I was not at all familiar with Dacor products so I had to see what it looked like. As I expected, it was a rather conventional design with just a somewhat different shape. The schematic for a Viper is on pages 35 and 36. Take a look at what ytou are getting into. If you still want to DIY, come back and we can go thru step by step instructions and precautions. To give you an idea what you will be getting into, that adjustment will be made by adjusting the orifice (#21) and/or the lock nut (#33).

Or go find a tech to make the adjustment. Anything more than $20 is a rip off.

Black-Gorrilla
09-03-2007, 12:54
http://forum.scubatoys.com/showthread.php?t=1183

read that... larry's post explains it, then there are pictures.

TexasFreddy
09-04-2007, 21:37
Octo's are harder to breathe through than primary......if the reg is brand new & you still feel its to hard to breathe through take it back & have the adj. checked.

somewhereinla
09-04-2007, 23:16

All octo do that.

Black-Gorrilla
09-04-2007, 23:18
not mine, and i never adjusted it, and it never freeflowed.

jo8243
09-17-2007, 16:44

All octo do that.

No they don't..... They will be less "on the edge" than a primary, but should by no means by hard to breathe from.

datamunk
10-06-2007, 00:04
yep. i dont suggest takin it apart... its easy to fix but, should be left to a pro. i took a regulator of mine to LDS and they did it for free in a few mins..

mm2002
10-23-2007, 22:40
My Scubapro is extremely easy to breath, but it sometimes free flows a tad until, it's in the water a few minutes. I'm pretty sure you don't want the octo to be quite as "loose".