PDA

View Full Version : Oceanic Veo 3.0 and DSS bungee mount

buddhasummer
01-19-2010, 22:47
I am looking at possibly purchasing an Oceanic Veo 3.0 and wish to put it in a DSS bungee mount. I have contacted DSS but they are unsure if it will fit as they do not have one on hand to look at.

From photos only, I cannot see them physically, the Veo 3.0 and VT3 look to be very similar in relation to size, case dimensions and button positions all look similar etc so Im thinking given DSS bungee mount is made for the VT3 them if my assumptions about case size are correct then it is very possible that it will fit the Veo 3.0.

Given that the purchase of computer and DSS mount will all be sight unseen It would be great if anyone out there can confirm the Veo 3.0 will fit the DSS bungee mount for the VT3.

Thanks in advance...

buddhasummer
02-02-2010, 02:04
FYI the Veo 3.0 is smaller than ther VT3 so will not fit the DSS bungee mount.:smiley19:

sterlinghe92
02-02-2010, 14:16
What is this bungee stuff your talking about?! Any pics?

CompuDude
02-02-2010, 16:06
What is this bungee stuff your talking about?! Any pics?

https://www.deepseasupply.com/image_store/61004/61004_IMAGE_LARGE.jpg

https://www.deepseasupply.com/index.php?category=instruments

buddhasummer
02-03-2010, 03:46
Yes, as per CDs post above, cheers

thor
02-03-2010, 08:51
These are great mounts. I know that some of the mounts work well with slightly different sized computers, even though they are designed for a particular computer. If the mount does not fit, some Oceanic and Aeris computers have enough room in the original mount to allow you to remove the bands, drill holes on the original mount and attach bungies.

buddhasummer
02-09-2010, 02:16
These are great mounts. I know that some of the mounts work well with slightly different sized computers, even though they are designed for a particular computer. If the mount does not fit, some Oceanic and Aeris computers have enough room in the original mount to allow you to remove the bands, drill holes on the original mount and attach bungies.

Thanks for that, Im trying to see one first hand but as yet no one sells them here in NZ, when/if they make it here I will look into your suggestion. Cheers.