PDA

View Full Version : Junior PADI upgrade?

Zeagle Eagle
01-20-2010, 20:34
My son was 15 when he got his junior PADI OW. He is 19 now. How much does it cost to get the regular (non-junior) PADI OW card.

IndyDiver
01-20-2010, 20:40
Its the same cost as replacing a lost card. I think it is currently $30.

IndyDiver
01-20-2010, 20:43
I just reread your post and noticed it said your son was 15 when he got the junior card. If this is true, you should be able to get a replacement card for free by complaining to PADI. Junior cards are only for 14 and below. If the was 15, he should have gotten a regular OW card in the first place.

Zeagle Eagle
01-20-2010, 21:28
I just reread your post and noticed it said your son was 15 when he got the junior card. If this is true, you should be able to get a replacement card for free by complaining to PADI. Junior cards are only for 14 and below. If the was 15, he should have gotten a regular OW card in the first place.
Thanks for the quick reply. I rechecked his cert date and it looks like he was 13.
I went ahead and ordered it online at padi.com. It took about 5 minutes and it was $30 bucks. I was thinking that since he was upgrading from junior to open water there would be no charge. I should have known better. I did print out a temporary cert with his picture on it. It's good to know that you can do this if you get leave you C card at home. It should take less than 3 weeks to get the plastic card.

Don Wray
01-20-2010, 22:19
Kinda like when he turns 21 and doesn't want that driver's license with the sideways profile on it and under 21 printed across the top. Pay your money and get it upgraded with out all those 'childish' things printed on it. Clerical cost, material cost. No worries, he has his upgrade. Congratulations on his Open Water cert.

TxFltMedic
01-19-2011, 14:06
PADI = Put Another Dollar In....

bfmorgan
01-19-2011, 15:27
My son just upgraded his NAUI Junior SCUBA Diver to OW. The charge was $30.00

williss
02-10-2011, 14:18
MY son just got certified on Jan 1 at 14yo. After the registration was sent but before it was processed I phoned & asked if they can either send the upgraded card since he's 15 in June & we certainly won't be diving again before then, or to hang on to it till june & send out the upgraded card then. No dice.....after June have to pay the $39.00 (price that I've seen in Canada) & have it upgraded.

vegas911diver
02-10-2011, 15:50
You could always look into doing a continuing ed course, such as PADI Advanced Open Water, Adventure Diver or if he already had those, Rescue Diver. They would not require having a non Junior Diving card, and his new one would not say Junior diver on either.

williss
02-10-2011, 16:33
Good point...........That's what'll happen.