PDA

View Full Version : Best lake in Missouri to dive

Kidder
09-03-2007, 12:26
Hi there I was wondering which lake in Missouri people thought was best to dive and why. I dove the lake of the Ozarks one briefly feed some ravenous blue gills. Other than that it has all been table rock which has been nice with good visibility.

dludwig
09-03-2007, 14:56
what is diving the flooded townof Oasis in Table Rock like? description on Dive Training Magazine's LOCAL DIVING USA sounds incredible

Kidder
09-03-2007, 15:07
I haven't heard of that one where in the lake is it located?

skdvr
09-03-2007, 15:12
I have the coordinates of Oasis that I got from Cummings66 but supposedly there is nothing there. You may find one old foundation. I think that the next time I go down there we will have to check it out. From what I know about it, it is just a story told to try to bring divers down there... Not that there never was a town there, just that there is nothing left now.

You can check out this (http://forum.scubatoys.com/showthread.php?t=2206&highlight=google+earth) where there are google earth dive sites posted. I have a few on there for the common tablerock dive sites, and I am pretty sure that cummings66 posted the Oasis in there as well

Phil

SteveC
09-04-2007, 20:02
Yea, Dive Training Magazine really got this one wrong. It makes you wonder how accurate they are with there other stories.

Kidder
09-04-2007, 20:15
That does make one wonder. They must not check stories at all.

cummings66
09-05-2007, 12:38
I called them on this very article. They told me it was the author's responsibility to insure the accuracy of his work. They only proof them for common errors and such.

They wouldn't even put me in touch with the scum bag who wrote the article. I pointed out how it was misleading and outright lied, they didn't care.

I've got a post here where I put up the maps for the area before the dam was built and also the database of cities detailing the location of it. Interesting reading. Look near the end of the thread for the info. It didn't all come out well when the board converted over, I'll see if I can clean it up a bit.

http://forum.scubatoys.com/showthread.php?t=327

OK, I cleaned it up as best I can.

Kidder
09-05-2007, 21:16
Has any one dove Norfolk or bull shoals? Which is better? what is the coolest thing to see or do in each?

BSea
09-05-2007, 21:28
This won't help you much, but I've been in both lakes, but it was years ago. Both are great for diving, and have better than average vis (although there are good days and bad). Generally there is less boat traffic on Bull Shoals, and there are tons of cliffs that make great dive spots. Norfolk has a marina called Jordans. There used to be several sunken cabin cruisers close by. When I dove there, we rented a boat, and had no trouble finding the wreck from directions from the marina.

If you have a boat and want to go deep, there is a bridge that some say Is worth diving, but I've never done that. I think it's close to the highway 62 bridge.

Kidder
09-05-2007, 21:34
Hmmm sounds nice. The cliffs sound cool. I woder how deep the bridge is.

BSea
09-05-2007, 21:55
The bridge starts about 90 from what I remember, but I'm not sure. And it depends on the lake level of course. If Greers Ferry Lake is any indication, then the Lakes up North will be high right now. Which is unusual for this time of year.

Kidder
09-06-2007, 21:15
The lake levels have been unsual. Missouri has gotten some really spotty rain and most of the lakes have been high.

reefgirl64
09-08-2007, 00:20
We just went to Lake Norfolk and did some diving... yeah, the folks at Jordan's Marina are really nice, helpful- you can buy a laminated map and it has the dive spots marked. Even though the vis wasn't that great that day, we got in about 5 different dive spots. They said the spring and early fall, the vis is excellent. We'll definitely try it again! here's the link to their site-
http://www.jordanmarina.com/

reefgirl64
09-08-2007, 00:20
Oh, and it's "Norfork"! :)

reefgirl64
09-08-2007, 00:31
Oh, sorry.... didn't mean to "hijack" the thread, Kidder! Got caught up in reading and forgot the original question!

Kidder
09-08-2007, 08:13
No need to apologize. I'm glad to hear anything about diving locations in Missouri. Thank you for the info reefgirl64. I'm going to check out the links. If anyone has cool info on places to dive in Missouri please chime in. ;-)

Kidder
09-08-2007, 08:18
We just went to Lake Norfolk and did some diving... yeah, the folks at Jordan's Marina are really nice, helpful- you can buy a laminated map and it has the dive spots marked. Even though the vis wasn't that great that day, we got in about 5 different dive spots. They said the spring and early fall, the vis is excellent. We'll definitely try it again! here's the link to their site-
http://www.jordanmarina.com/

Hey which sites did you dive and which didyou like the best?

reefgirl64
09-08-2007, 09:10
the school bus wreck (#3), the slo-poke Cruiser (#11), Rock of Gilbraltar (#13), VW Van (#14), and that was it- I was thinking there was another one, but we attempted another boat wreck, but the current was so bad in that area and the wind was crazy that day! So we gave up on that one. I like the VW Van... it was cool and wasn't far from the Rock of Gilbraltar. We're definitely going back and checking out the Mac-Tool truck! Did you click on their link and check out their videos? Denise told me those videos were taken in late April- was pretty cold, but the vis is 25 ft. and better! When we went, we were in bad need of rain, the lake was down a little, and still had a little boat traffic (even though it was on ther first day of school). So the vis was disappointing. True, if we'd went deeper it would've cleared up, but where the particular "sites" were, if you went deeper, you wouldn't have seen them! Good luck!

texdiveguy
09-08-2007, 09:22
I enjoyed some deep diving last year at Bull Shoals....we did 2 nice 180-200ffw dips.

Kidder
09-08-2007, 09:24
That video was pretty cool. The vis looked pretty good as well.

Kidder
09-08-2007, 09:25
I enjoyed some deep diving last year at Bull Shoals....we did 2 nice 180-200ffw dips.

Cool what did you see down there?

Charlotte Smith
09-08-2007, 09:39
It is at 45-60 feet depending on the lake level...there is a motorcyle on it like it ahs been ridden down and parked and I think a truck may be on it also now...at least the rumors are saying it is.....I haven't dove it this year but is in such good shape that it looks like if the lake dried up it might be in the same shape it was when it was flooded!

texdiveguy
09-08-2007, 10:09

The bottom had good vis....15-20ft.,,,,typical silty floor with rock and typical fishing line tumble weeds...nothing spectacular.

BSea
09-08-2007, 10:18
It is at 45-60 feet depending on the lake level...there is a motorcyle on it like it ahs been ridden down and parked and I think a truck may be on it also now...at least the rumors are saying it is.....I haven't dove it this year but is in such good shape that it looks like if the lake dried up it might be in the same shape it was when it was flooded!
Really, only 45-60?!? It's been so long since I dove up there, and I never did dive the bridge. I need to make a trip.

On another subject, I used to dive a quarry at Black Rock in the late 70's. Do you know if it's still there?

Kidder
09-08-2007, 10:23

The bottom had good vis....15-20ft.,,,,typical silty floor with rock and typical fishing line tumble weeds...nothing spectacular.

Fishing line tumble weeds eh? I like the vis. though

Kidder
09-08-2007, 10:24
Really, only 45-60?!? It's been so long since I dove up there, and I never did dive the bridge. I need to make a trip.

On another subject, I used to dive a quarry at Black Rock in the late 70's. Do you know if it's still there?

That bridge is sounding cooler all of the time. Where is black rock quarry?

BSea
09-08-2007, 10:29

That bridge is sounding cooler all of the time. Where is black rock quarry?If I remember correctly, it's on the north side of highway 63. You can see it from the road.

Kidder
09-08-2007, 10:33
Hmmm I'll have to check into that. I'll let you know if I find anything.

Nemrod
09-09-2007, 10:17
Table Rock beats any other inland manmade lake I have dived and it has been a bunch. Bull Shoals has sunken lawnmowers and a toilet bowls, Table Rock has Oasis, the Kimberling Bridge, the Enchanted Forest, the Jakes Point Cruiser, Point number 7 cruiser, the Zebulon Pike three deck party boat (90 feet long with penetration possible) and Spoonbill Bluff and the Saddle among others.

The Zebulon taken yesterday from the Whaler Nemrod on our side scan sonar:

http://i23.photobucket.com/albums/b395/JRWJR/S00018.jpg

The Bridge at Kimberling City:

http://i23.photobucket.com/albums/b395/JRWJR/S00026.jpg

http://i23.photobucket.com/albums/b395/JRWJR/S00021.jpg

http://i23.photobucket.com/albums/b395/JRWJR/S00020.jpg

The Zeb again:

http://i23.photobucket.com/albums/b395/JRWJR/00004.jpg

The Saddle:

http://i23.photobucket.com/albums/b395/JRWJR/00005.jpg

The Enchanted Forest--see the tees:

http://i23.photobucket.com/albums/b395/JRWJR/00006.jpg

I, Nemrod:

http://i23.photobucket.com/albums/b395/JRWJR/DSCF0103.jpg

N

http://i23.photobucket.com/albums/b395/JRWJR/S00018.jpg

Kidder
09-09-2007, 10:23
Hey that's a very cool toy you have there!!!!!!!!!!!!
You can see the bridge and every thing.
Norfork seems like it has some good dive spots too though. Snapon truck, school bus, etc...

Nemrod
09-09-2007, 10:28
And your right about the monofiliment--bring a real knife--no sissy scissors or butterknife junk.

Something has to be done about fishermen polluting the water with mono that lasts forever--it is a serious problem to wildlife.

N

Charlotte Smith
09-09-2007, 12:10

Yes but the bridge is usually right smack dab in the middle of the thermocline and it's usually hard to see most of it.
The quarry is locked...at least I am pretty sure it is ...a couple of kids drowned there a few years back...(they weren't diving though)...I do know the owner and could probably get in I wanted to but I have never dove there...what's in it?

BSea
09-10-2007, 09:07

Yes but the bridge is usually right smack dab in the middle of the thermocline and it's usually hard to see most of it.
The quarry is locked...at least I am pretty sure it is ...a couple of kids drowned there a few years back...(they weren't diving though)...I do know the owner and could probably get in I wanted to but I have never dove there...what's in it?
To tell you the truth, I don't remember much about it other than we dove it. I had just started diving, and it was my 1st dive in clear water. My old log book says 40', and you can see it all in 1 dive. I also show 44 degrees. Which was probably pretty close since it was in March.

Charlotte Smith
09-10-2007, 09:12
OMG 44 degrees! I don't think I want to do that very often if at all....thats a bit on the cool side for me.

BSea
09-10-2007, 09:18
OMG 44 degrees! I don't think I want to do that very often if at all....thats a bit on the cool side for me.It was March remember. Even the lakes will be cold in March, so the quarry should be really nice about now. If nobody has been swimming in it in since school started, then the vis should be pretty good as long as there hasn't been too much rain runoff. It's a small quarry, so the runoff would be a consern for the vis.

Nemrod
09-10-2007, 20:21
My depth guage on the bridge was showing considerably more than 44 feet. Are we talking about the same place?

N

Kidder
09-10-2007, 20:33
My depth guage on the bridge was showing considerably more than 44 feet. Are we talking about the same place?

N

Hi there I think that they are talking about a quarry with the 44 ft. How deep did you go when you dove the bridge?

BSea
09-10-2007, 21:28

N

Hi there I think that they are talking about a quarry with the 44 ft. How deep did you go when you dove the bridge?

That was a little hard to follow if you just looked at the post with all the quotes. We were talking aboput a bridge in Lake Norfolk, and a quarry near Black Rock.

Bring the Payne
09-10-2007, 22:52
In response to the person wanting to see the tool truck....good luck! Someone, no one really knows who, moved the truck!!! Nobody knows where it is so maybe you can find it. I'd like to see it myself.

Nemrod
09-11-2007, 12:03
I was around 130 feet and dropped over the edge to 150 before deciding to get the heck out of there. I am just not equipped for the cold and don't like it. I was solo and made it a quick bounce, I went down and then up. I may be done with Table Rock but never say never. I hate cold water.

Not to deflect one forum to another forum but I cannot double post everything, on the thread there at scubaboard under the Midwest Muck Divers and the long thread about the Newsleader I have posted coordinates and sidescan screen saves of the mysterious and ever elusive submerged town of Oasis. I dove it, hmmmm, well, the rest of the story. Somebody I dare say is exaggerating in the artical in DT magazine web page.

yeah, I thought you were talking about this bridge:

http://i23.photobucket.com/albums/b395/JRWJR/kimberlingbridges.jpg

It is as I said a bit deeper and actually not a beginners dive, the old Kimberling City Bridge, Table Rock lake.

Mysterious object in the alleged town of Oasis in scan below, notice the object with a strong reflection as if it is a roof and note how it BOOMS up on the down looking sonar, GPS is :

36 degrees 32.388N
093 degrees 17.996W

http://i23.photobucket.com/albums/b395/JRWJR/S00045.jpg

Can this be explained, why are there not published coordinates for all of these sites, why is there not a bouy marking it or something? Why is there not a down line to the Kimberling Bridge---?

N

Charlotte Smith
09-11-2007, 12:10
I was talking obout the old bridge in Henderson Arkansas on Lake Norfork and yes it is about 45 -50 feet but with all of the rain we have just gotten it may be a few feet deeper......Last year it was 60 feet to the railing at the end of september.

Charlotte Smith
09-11-2007, 12:13
In response to the person wanting to see the tool truck....good luck! Someone, no one really knows who, moved the truck!!! Nobody knows where it is so maybe you can find it. I'd like to see it myself.
I know a dive instructor (mine in fact) that knows who moved it and how...with lift bags under a pontoon, if you can believe that....I found it hard. I hear it is on the bridge now and I intend to look this weekend. I also heard they tried to move the VW Bus and almost sank their pontoon when one of the ropes broke and I guess that is when they stopped moving things......

Charlotte Smith
09-11-2007, 20:47
the school bus wreck (#3), the slo-poke Cruiser (#11), Rock of Gilbraltar (#13), VW Van (#14), and that was it- I was thinking there was another one, but we attempted another boat wreck, but the current was so bad in that area and the wind was crazy that day! So we gave up on that one. I like the VW Van... it was cool and wasn't far from the Rock of Gilbraltar. We're definitely going back and checking out the Mac-Tool truck! Did you click on their link and check out their videos? Denise told me those videos were taken in late April- was pretty cold, but the vis is 25 ft. and better! When we went, we were in bad need of rain, the lake was down a little, and still had a little boat traffic (even though it was on ther first day of school). So the vis was disappointing. True, if we'd went deeper it would've cleared up, but where the particular "sites" were, if you went deeper, you wouldn't have seen them! Good luck!
Ijust heard tonight that the VW Bus is in 160 feet of water...what a bummer for those who don't like to go that deep.....

Kidder
09-11-2007, 20:52
Man, I can't say that I'm a big fan of the rearranging stuff. I guess they were trying to consolidate dive spots.

Charlotte Smith
09-11-2007, 20:57
Man, I can't say that I'm a big fan of the rearranging stuff. I guess they were trying to consolidate dive spots.

The rumor is that they were trying to move it to the other end of the lake but who knows.......

skdvr
09-11-2007, 22:08
Why would they want to move it? Where they doing it just because they thought that they could or did they actually think that they were doing a service to someone.

I know that you were not one of them but you seem to have pretty good knowledge of the Happs...

Phil

Charlotte Smith
09-12-2007, 09:24
Why would they want to move it? Where they doing it just because they thought that they could or did they actually think that they were doing a service to someone.

I know that you were not one of them but you seem to have pretty good knowledge of the Happs...

Phil

This is what I think (and ONLY) what I think...there are 2 popular places to get air fills and each one is located at opposite ends of the lake (quite a drive with a boat full of dive gear and divers) and most of the good dive sites are at 1 end. I think the ones that moved it must be partial to the owners at the end that has less sights and were trying to move them closer......I don't know who they were but there are ALOT of angry people over the whole ordeal...I for one wished they would have left them alone because we had every one programmed into our GPS on the boat and now we will have to search for them again. I buy air at both places so it really didn't matter to me.

reefgirl64
09-12-2007, 10:51
Unless they've just succeeded in moving the VW in the last 3 weeks, it's not that deep! In fact, I believe it was around 20 ft. I haven't even logged the dives yet, from that day, they're still in the computer. But I know it wasn't any deeper! Course the lake was down at that time... during the drought!

reefgirl64
09-12-2007, 10:56
Their dive spots are scattered all over that end of the lake, but to me that's what's so fun about it... it's like a finding treasure- following the map and locating all the dive spots. They didn't tell us anything about planning on moving any of the stuff. Charlotte, if you're going there this week, I guess you'll find out and let us know! :)

Charlotte Smith
09-12-2007, 11:27
Unless they've just succeeded in moving the VW in the last 3 weeks, it's not that deep! In fact, I believe it was around 20 ft. I haven't even logged the dives yet, from that day, they're still in the computer. But I know it wasn't any deeper! Course the lake was down at that time... during the drought!
Yep it was not last weekend but the weekend before and they dropped the bus I hear in 160 ft of water but I think(going on heresay) that they were successful in moving the truck....I will let you know! If you can look us up and dive with us! OBTW...I think the guys who moved them were not affiliated with any of the dive shops.

reefgirl64
09-12-2007, 11:38
No way we could get away and go this weekend... too bad! I'm a retail manager and it's my weekend to work and my husband is on weekends right now on his job. bummer. I want to hear all about it! :) Y'all have fun!

Kidder
09-12-2007, 20:16
They might not be affiliated but it seems like they were try to help one shop over the other. I'm still not a big fan of messing with the landscape. Its a slippery slope. Pretty soon other people are moving other things and no one knows where anything is.

Charlotte Smith
09-12-2007, 20:55
They might not be affiliated but it seems like they were try to help one shop over the other. I'm still not a big fan of messing with the landscape. Its a slippery slope. Pretty soon other people are moving other things and no one knows where anything is.

I agree and I think they are wanting to find out who did the deed to fine them or something.....always SOMEONE out there messing things up for the rest of us!

Bring the Payne
09-15-2007, 12:04
Man that sucks people are moving stuff. I guess its kind of fun having to search around the lake to find it again but I know its making people around the Jordan Marina area not too happy.

Kidder
09-15-2007, 12:07
Man that sucks people are moving stuff. I guess its kind of fun having to search around the lake to find it again but I know its making people around the Jordan Marina area not too happy.

I would imagine and completely understand. Messing with the public is not a good idea.

Bring the Payne
09-15-2007, 12:12

I would imagine and completely understand. Messing with the public is not a good idea.

Im going to dive the bridge again next weekend to see if the truck is there. I have been wanting to see the tool truck since its one of the dive sites that is there by accident and not because it was intentionally sank.

Kidder
09-15-2007, 12:14

Im going to dive the bridge again next weekend to see if the truck is there. I have been wanting to see the tool truck since its one of the dive sites that is there by accident and not because it was intentionally sank.

That's cool let us know what you find. Bring back pictures if you can.

Bring the Payne
09-15-2007, 12:27
Will do! Hopefully I find what Im looking for!

Charlotte Smith
09-17-2007, 07:39

The truck...I am sad to say is not there. I dove the bridge Sunday afternoon and swam the length of the entire bridge(there were 3 of us with lights and ...No Truck....just the motorcyle that has always been there....we did find some new sights though(old home-places) and came back with a 48 quart cooler full of catfish! I went to Scuba-ah(formerly Auster's, in Salesville, AR, and the guy in there does have Catalina AL 80 and AL 63 tanks for 120.00 with 10 free air-fills, some neat stringers (short ones that work better for 5.00 and many other good buys but NO steel tanks in stock (I forgot to ask what he would order them for). I said this in another thread but I am saying it again for those who don't read the other one. The bridge road bed is at 54 ft and it is 66 degrees down there (@6 ft below the thermocline give or take a foot) Vis is really good with lights on a very cloudy morning. I have pictures but don't have them developed yet( using a sea and sea MX-10 with a sub 40 strobe) can't afford a digital yet...especially now that I spen 675. on an air integrated wrist computer (GREAT BUY)(SUMMER CLOSEOUT) at Scuba Doo this weekend. Anyway...if you have any questions...let me know and I do have GPS coordinates for all of the sights on the lake.

cummings66
09-17-2007, 07:57
I was around 130 feet and dropped over the edge to 150 before deciding to get the heck out of there. I am just not equipped for the cold and don't like it.

So what was the objects that you saw? From what I've heard the Church has collapsed on itself. I've heard of about 3 divers that claim to have actually dove on the Church but that's been a long time ago.

Can this be explained, why are there not published coordinates for all of these sites, why is there not a bouy marking it or something? Why is there not a down line to the Kimberling Bridge---?

Well, there is a down-line to the Kimberling Bridge, it starts on the third pier and leads to the bridge. Most people I know of snag the bridge and go straight down.

As to published coordinates, the ones I posted on Scubaboard and here were from the govt. data base of inuated towns which lists the town centers. Your posted lat/long came very close to what I posted, plus I have another set which is close that came from the Platte map that I posted. I used it to cross reference to modern sources and triangulated the town from it.

I suspect the reason people don't have buoy's there is because it's in the open water and pretty deep. Not a recreational type of dive.

Bring the Payne
09-17-2007, 19:12
Any idea where else the truck might be????

Kidder
09-17-2007, 19:29

The truck...I am sad to say is not there. I dove the bridge Sunday afternoon and swam the length of the entire bridge(there were 3 of us with lights and ...No Truck....just the motorcyle that has always been there....we did find some new sights though(old home-places) and came back with a 48 quart cooler full of catfish! I went to Scuba-ah(formerly Auster's, in Salesville, AR, and the guy in there does have Catalina AL 80 and AL 63 tanks for 120.00 with 10 free air-fills, some neat stringers (short ones that work better for 5.00 and many other good buys but NO steel tanks in stock (I forgot to ask what he would order them for). I said this in another thread but I am saying it again for those who don't read the other one. The bridge road bed is at 54 ft and it is 66 degrees down there (@6 ft below the thermocline give or take a foot) Vis is really good with lights on a very cloudy morning. I have pictures but don't have them developed yet( using a sea and sea MX-10 with a sub 40 strobe) can't afford a digital yet...especially now that I spen 675. on an air integrated wrist computer (GREAT BUY)(SUMMER CLOSEOUT) at Scuba Doo this weekend. Anyway...if you have any questions...let me know and I do have GPS coordinates for all of the sights on the lake.

A 48 quart cooler full of catfish??? Please explain. Did you actually see any standing buildings? Do any of your contacts know exactly where the truck is? It is a bummer.... That was one of the things I'd like to see the most. It'd be like diving for a huge antique. That's interesting on the cost of the tanks.

Bring the Payne
09-17-2007, 19:38
You and me both. I have heard the truck was one of the better dive sites. And Charlotte as Kidder said, if you can find out, please let us know!

Charlotte Smith
09-17-2007, 21:06

A 48 quart cooler full of catfish??? Please explain. Did you actually see any standing buildings? Do any of your contacts know exactly where the truck is? It is a bummer.... That was one of the things I'd like to see the most. It'd be like diving for a huge antique. That's interesting on the cost of the tanks.
Catfish???? Spear-fishing of course! There were 3 of us for 3 days! It was a blast! There are standing basements and cellars along with storm cellars and chimneys all of which are pretty darn cool! As far as the truck goes....this is what I have been told....the tool boxes and other various parts of the truck are still at the original locations and the guy at Scuba-ah(also a member of the baxter co sheriffs dept dive team) says his instructor was going to move it at one time and upon further evaluation said it was too fragile....only 1 dive shop (Scuba-Doo) has the lift bags capable of moving it and that happens to be where the former instructor works...so who knows...If they did try to take it to the bridge and missed it which would be very easy to do...it could be in 150 feet of water or so or it could be in pieces from here to there.....there are alot of people looking for it and we will be looking also so if I hear anything or if we find it I will let everyone know.....until then it is still a mystery...

Kidder
09-17-2007, 21:51
Thats cool on the catfish. Sounds to me like someone needs to bring a side scan sonar and look around for the truck. It would be a shame if someone distroyed it trying to be by moving it.

Bring the Payne
09-17-2007, 22:10
So sad. I hope the truck isnt lost forever.

Charlotte Smith
09-17-2007, 22:17
So sad. I hope the truck isnt lost forever.
Me too...it was a great bit of history...I hear the antique tools are in a museum somewhere.

Bring the Payne
09-17-2007, 22:18
A little off subject but do you know if anyone has found the Chrysler car?

Charlotte Smith
09-17-2007, 22:29
A little off subject but do you know if anyone has found the Chrysler car?
No haven't heard of one......but I do know where a cabin cruiser and several boats that aren't on the maps are ....BTW what have you heard on this car?

Bring the Payne
09-17-2007, 22:33
Not much, just that it used to be right in front of Chrysler Bluff but some guys were trying to move it and a lift bag ruptured. Supposedly the car is in about 150 ft. of water but no one has found it. I guess the lesson here is stop trying to move these things!!! Chrysler car, VW Bus, Tool Truck....what's next???

Charlotte Smith
09-17-2007, 22:36
Not much, just that it used to be right in front of Chrysler Bluff but some guys were trying to move it and a lift bag ruptured. Supposedly the car is in about 150 ft. of water but no one has found it. I guess the lesson here is stop trying to move these things!!! Chrysler car, VW Bus, Tool Truck....what's next???
I personally don't see the point in moving things unless they want them all for themselves......who cares if they have the lift bags with the capability....I don't...but thats just me...

Bring the Payne
09-17-2007, 22:41
Exactly anyone with a few hundred dollars can buy big lift bags. They need to leave these sites alone and stop ruining of the rest of us. I neither fascinated nor impressed by their abilities. And due to the fact that at least 2 of the three sites I mentioned are now lost because the people moving them lost control.

Charlotte Smith
09-17-2007, 22:50
Exactly anyone with a few hundred dollars can buy big lift bags. They need to leave these sites alone and stop ruining of the rest of us. I neither fascinated nor impressed by their abilities. And due to the fact that at least 2 of the three sites I mentioned are now lost because the people moving them lost control.
I agree 100%!!!!!

Bring the Payne
09-17-2007, 22:53
I must be getting tired. That last comment was supposed to say "ruining it FOR the rest of us" and "I AM neither fascinated...." Haha at least you can comprehend my butchered english/typing.

Charlotte Smith
09-17-2007, 23:01
I must be getting tired. That last comment was supposed to say "ruining it FOR the rest of us" and "I AM neither fascinated...." Haha at least you can comprehend my butchered english/typing.
I have a husband that writes the same way.....sleepy or not....

billucusdiver
09-20-2007, 21:30
Both lakes are very nice to dive. I dive norfork the most as that is where i keep my boat. There ares several nice wall dives as well as several sunken boats and cars. There are also a few old farm sites and foundations. Jordan marina has a dive every site deal where if you dive all 29 dive sites you get your name on the wall and a free T-shirt. The vis is usually the best around. I dive it year round and i think all seasons have something to offer as far as an experience.

Bring the Payne
09-20-2007, 23:31
Both lakes are very nice to dive. I dive norfork the most as that is where i keep my boat. There ares several nice wall dives as well as several sunken boats and cars. There are also a few old farm sites and foundations. Jordan marina has a dive every site deal where if you dive all 29 dive sites you get your name on the wall and a free T-shirt. The vis is usually the best around. I dive it year round and i think all seasons have something to offer as far as an experience.

I need to be keeping track. Ive probably dove 1/3 of them so far.

Charlotte Smith
09-20-2007, 23:35
All of the Jordan Sites are nice but do you know about alot of the other boats etc...near Henderson and 101 boat Dock? Have you ever seen the motorcycle on the bridge?