PDA

View Full Version : getting the gift certificets

bigman241
01-22-2010, 17:37
I am getting ready to place my order with scubatoys and was wondering how I get my 10 and 50 dollar gift certificets for post count. DO I just put in the memo thing online and give my forum name

Panmanmatt
01-22-2010, 18:23
PM Joe wit your username and request and he will send you the coupon codes.

ScubaToys Larry
01-22-2010, 18:47
Or just call and talk to Joe... he'll set you up

Long Island Diver
01-22-2010, 19:04
Yup, they're right. I PM'd Joe when I hit the 10 post mark, and it took him a few days to get back to me, but he PM'd me back a few days later with a code that can be used during checkout in order to get the gift certificates. If I'm not mistaken, I think you also get a 10% discount for being a forum member. Pretty cool if you ask me! I won't be going anywhere other than Scuba Toys to get my gear from now on. And they have much better prices than the local stores by home. I'm going to save my $10 certificate though. I have a weight belt in mind that I'd really like to get when I hit the 250 post mark. :)

bigman241
01-22-2010, 20:21
ya my plan. Though my lds gave me a ok deal on scubapro. My plan was to ask him for some more but I am thinking just go with scubatoys. He said he would help set it up for 50 bucks a hour. Though after trying a bc on I see no reason not to just do it my self.
Yup, they're right. I PM'd Joe when I hit the 10 post mark, and it took him a few days to get back to me, but he PM'd me back a few days later with a code that can be used during checkout in order to get the gift certificates. If I'm not mistaken, I think you also get a 10% discount for being a forum member. Pretty cool if you ask me! I won't be going anywhere other than Scuba Toys to get my gear from now on. And they have much better prices than the local stores by home. I'm going to save my $10 certificate though. I have a weight belt in mind that I'd really like to get when I hit the 250 post mark. :)

j1j2j38
01-22-2010, 20:42
yeah, that's silly with a standard BC there's not really much to set up. Adjust the straps to fit you by opening and closing some velcro, now you're done.

bigman241
01-22-2010, 21:43
Ya he let me try his on and his wife got it. Put it un shut every thing clip here clip there and she said that was easy. I thought yeap easy enough where scubatoys number lol. Sure they will be up set if I do not buy it from them but owell
yeah, that's silly with a standard BC there's not really much to set up. Adjust the straps to fit you by opening and closing some velcro, now you're done.

FishFood
01-22-2010, 21:45
ya my plan. Though my lds gave me a ok deal on scubapro. My plan was to ask him for some more but I am thinking just go with scubatoys. He said he would help set it up for 50 bucks a hour. Though after trying a bc on I see no reason not to just do it my self.

Wait a second here. The dive shop owner will help you setup a BC for $50 an hour that he sold to you, or he'll charge that much if you buy it from ScubaToys?

If you get it from ScubaToys and need help setting it up, that's what your instructor is for. On the other hand, if the shop charges $50/hour to help you setup a BC that they sold you... Well than that is quite possibly the most asinine thing I've read in a while.

Please elaborate on this :smiley29:

bigman241
01-22-2010, 22:36
Sorry if I buy it from another dealer IE scubatoys. I do not think he likes the internet guys but he did not want to say keep it out of here when I just told him thats why a walked from the other lds.

Wait a second here. The dive shop owner will help you setup a BC for $50 an hour that he sold to you, or he'll charge that much if you buy it from ScubaToys?

If you get it from ScubaToys and need help setting it up, that's what your instructor is for. On the other hand, if the shop charges $50/hour to help you setup a BC that they sold you... Well than that is quite possibly the most asinine thing I've read in a while.

Please elaborate on this :smiley29:

Okc_diver
01-23-2010, 04:28
OK...don't tell that LDS you bought it from an online site but from an actual store.......after all Scubatoys is an "actual store" not just a warehouse that ships only what is ordered off the internet. (My LDS knows I bought my dive computer from Scubatoys and when they found out what I paid for it the shop owner said I got a great deal!) You don't even have to tell that shop where you bought it.

Just say something like you did a "roadtrip" to this other store in a bigger city and they offered you a deal that could not be beat! And like FishFood said that is what you pay your instructor to do whether it be at a local shop or a shop you do your referral at.

You could even post here if having a problem and someone here would try to help you (that would be free)

Vercingetorix
01-23-2010, 06:30
Bigman, your instructor will teach you to "set-up" you BCD.

To set-up your BCD, you put it on, snap your waist belt closed and cinch it. Cinch the shoulder straps. Clip the chest strap and cinch it a little. Done.

Please send $50 consultation fee to my ScubaToys account.:smiley36:

Oh, and when you take it off, you un-cynch every strap. So, you have to "set it up" again.

//Full disclosure: I use a BP/W, so I only close/cinch the waist belt.

rayaa3
01-23-2010, 09:19
Maybe he thought you would need someone to assemble your hoses, and 2nd stage/octo for your reg?

I GUESS I could see charging something nominal for that, but if you order it all together from ST, it will come assembled.

bigman241
01-23-2010, 10:22
I think what he was meaning was someone buys something online say from ST then want him to train them to use the computer reg or what ever. I think it goes back to the new diver thing. My only issue now is what is he going to be like when I buy from scubatoys then do more training or air fills. But I ant going to waste money to make him happy. Not like he will tell me no I will not fill your tank
Maybe he thought you would need someone to assemble your hoses, and 2nd stage/octo for your reg?

I GUESS I could see charging something nominal for that, but if you order it all together from ST, it will come assembled.

bigman241
01-23-2010, 10:23
:smiley36::smiley36::smiley36::smiley36::smiley36: :smiley36:. LOL
Bigman, your instructor will teach you to "set-up" you BCD.

To set-up your BCD, you put it on, snap your waist belt closed and cinch it. Cinch the shoulder straps. Clip the chest strap and cinch it a little. Done.

Please send $50 consultation fee to my ScubaToys account.:smiley36:

Oh, and when you take it off, you un-cynch every strap. So, you have to "set it up" again.

//Full disclosure: I use a BP/W, so I only close/cinch the waist belt.

j1j2j38
01-23-2010, 10:45
yeah just order that stuff as a package and it should come assembled

bottomdweller
01-24-2010, 16:51
OK...don't tell that LDS you bought it from an online site but from an actual store.......after all Scubatoys is an "actual store" not just a warehouse that ships only what is ordered off the internet. (My LDS knows I bought my dive computer from Scubatoys and when they found out what I paid for it the shop owner said I got a great deal!) You don't even have to tell that shop where you bought it.

Just say something like you did a "roadtrip" to this other store in a bigger city and they offered you a deal that could not be beat! And like FishFood said that is what you pay your instructor to do whether it be at a local shop or a shop you do your referral at.

You could even post here if having a problem and someone here would try to help you (that would be free)

I 2nd this, The LDS closest to me has a sign That says....NO GEAR PURCHASED ON THE INTERNET ALLOWED IN OUR POOL!!!!!
I just told them I have family in Dallas I go visit a few times a year & got a great deal from a huge scuba store with lots of closeouts.
I don't think I have even told them the name of the store, just did not tell them I have really only been to Dallas once in my life. other than DFW passing thru & most of my gear came via ups.:smiley2:

j1j2j38
01-24-2010, 16:59
No gear purchased on the internet in the pool?

Wow. Not only is that not enforceable because as you said, you can just lie, doesn't seem like the best way to get new customers. Are they going to turn you away from courses and future gear purchases because you didn't purchase from them before?

workhorse
01-26-2010, 12:33
Hell No! In this market if you send any money on certification or gear at your LDS they should be happy. I continue to go to mine and haggle prices for new gear. if the shop is good they will work with you. especially when its a pretty big buy. like a new computer. and hey if they don't work with you on the price, then buy it from a online shop.

bigman241
01-26-2010, 12:46
At this point I don't care if they do they do. There is another shop just over the il boarder and a few in indy. SO if they do guess they lose the money.
No gear purchased on the internet in the pool?

Wow. Not only is that not enforceable because as you said, you can just lie, doesn't seem like the best way to get new customers. Are they going to turn you away from courses and future gear purchases because you didn't purchase from them before?

j1j2j38
01-26-2010, 13:36
yeah, seriously

EODiver
02-19-2010, 20:45
I have learned from my daughters that youtube has videos for everything, just search for whatever you need. I have an LDS that rags on internet sales, so I just don't tell them where anything came from, or say that I found it in a yard sale or some other untraceable thing like that.