PDA

View Full Version : Hello from the Bahamas!

divebunny13
01-25-2010, 07:13
Hi all!

Mitsuguy told me that I could find other cool divers here so here I am!

I'm a PADI Instructor and I work at Small Hope Bay Lodge on Andros Island in the Bahamas. I've been diving for 5 years and have been an instructor for 2. I ran away from my corporate job in San Diego and became a permanent ex-pat beach bum! (Be jealous, it's okay.)

I'm looking forward to talking diving and meeting new people here!

DevilDiver
01-25-2010, 07:24
Welcome to the forum!

Sounds like you made some great life choices, hopefully you can enlighten us with some motivational tales from your second life to give hope to those still stuck working for "the Machine".

dkh6070
01-25-2010, 07:52
Welcome Dive Bunny.

No Misses
01-25-2010, 09:24
Welcome aboard.

j1j2j38
01-25-2010, 09:37
hello

Splitlip
01-25-2010, 11:00
Well, Mitsuguy is correct in one respect. I am very cool.

Welcome.

scubaculture
01-25-2010, 12:25
Jealous, very jealous!

Welcome aboard

TwistedSister209
01-25-2010, 19:23
Welcome! This is a great place!

Vercingetorix
01-26-2010, 09:31
Hey Bunny. Welcome to our happy hovel.

SplitLip says he's cool. Meh. Ask him to introduce you to Tina.

Coty has posted images from his dives and USVI location. Do the same so we can drool about the cool dive locations you have. Who knows...you might drum-up some business.

mrmccoy
01-26-2010, 09:42
Welcome !

Diver Kat
01-26-2010, 10:36
Welcome DB!! Glad you've joined up! This is a great place to hang out when you can't be 80' under!!! :smiley20:

Just to forewarn you ... the 'Boys' can be a bit crazy around here ... but you'll catch on to that pretty fast ... :smiley36:

mocepts
01-26-2010, 11:26
Welcome DB!! Glad you've joined up! This is a great place to hang out when you can't be 80' under!!! :smiley20:

Just to forewarn you ... the 'Boys' can be a bit crazy around here ... but you'll catch on to that pretty fast ... :smiley36:

Oh, and I guess the ladies never get crazy?? But we like that. :smiley31:

Anyone else have a sudden urge to go the the Bahamas?

Welcome BTW!

divebunny13
01-26-2010, 12:17

Trust me, I can outcrazy any of the "boys."

:)

divebunny13
01-26-2010, 12:18
Hey Bunny. Welcome to our happy hovel.

SplitLip says he's cool. Meh. Ask him to introduce you to Tina.

Coty has posted images from his dives and USVI location. Do the same so we can drool about the cool dive locations you have. Who knows...you might drum-up some business.

I posted a couple of shots to the photo gallery and I'll post more next week. Right now I'm trying to get some work done on our website before I head off to CA for a week.

/where I will NOT be diving because holy hell that is cold water.

Vercingetorix
01-26-2010, 12:21
...before I head off to CA for a week.

/where I will NOT be diving because holy hell that is cold water.Oh come on!! Catalina is a little "brisk". Nothing an "old pro" can't handle:smiley36:

Say hello to California for me. I'll be back there in May for a couple weeks.

divebunny13
01-26-2010, 12:28
...before I head off to CA for a week.

/where I will NOT be diving because holy hell that is cold water.Oh come on!! Catalina is a little "brisk". Nothing an "old pro" can't handle:smiley36:

Say hello to California for me. I'll be back there in May for a couple weeks.

I learned how to dive off La Jolla Shores and I did my AOW training off San Clemente island and Catalina. It's funny because I never remember being cold, not even in 49 degree water in my 7mm.

Now I wear two 3mm Farmer Janes, one 3mm long sleeve shorty, two rash guards and a hood in 78 degree water and I'm FREEZING.

(Yeah, yeah, I'm a wuss.)

Anyway, I can't dive on doc's orders. I separated my shoulder on Nov. 1st and started diving on it on Nov 7th. The doc finally put the kibosh on diving (with terrorist tactics, I might add. She wouldn't give me pain meds unless I agreed to rest.)

So I'm dry and unhappy. (That's what she said. :smiley36:)

Diver Kat
01-26-2010, 12:36

Great!! Sounds like you'll fit right in!! :smiley36:

Anyway, I can't dive on doc's orders. I separated my shoulder on Nov. 1st and started diving on it on Nov 7th. The doc finally put the kibosh on diving (with terrorist tactics, I might add. She wouldn't give me pain meds unless I agreed to rest.)Sorry to hear your banned from diving for awhile ... when will the doc clear you to get wet again??

Vercingetorix
01-26-2010, 13:17
Just to forewarn you ... the 'Boys' can be a bit crazy around here ... but you'll catch on to that pretty fast ... :smiley36:Excu-u-u-u-u-u-use me!

Not to worry. Lulubelle makes us toe the line. She's some sort of Amazon with 10AAAA shoes and a 36-inch inseam. Trust me...we don't piss-off Lulubelle. Ever.

j1j2j38
01-26-2010, 13:28
hahaha

scubastud
01-26-2010, 13:43
Just to forewarn you ... the 'Boys' can be a bit crazy around here ... but you'll catch on to that pretty fast ... :smiley36:Excu-u-u-u-u-u-use me!

Not to worry. Lulubelle makes us toe the line. She's some sort of Amazon with 10AAAA shoes and a 36-inch inseam. Trust me...we don't piss-off Lulubelle. Ever.

+1

mocepts
01-26-2010, 13:47

+1

Yeh, I felt the wrath once, so now when ever I am posting I am always thinking WWLD?

Diver Kat
01-26-2010, 13:50

You're excused ...:smilie39:

Well, maybe not. Don't forget Foo .... The Mod that the men love to fear!! :smiley2:

Splitlip
01-26-2010, 17:14

Hmmm. Time will tell.
Although after seeing the Guinness post, I'm becoming a fan. (Bunch of guys now searching "Guinness")

Splitlip
01-26-2010, 17:16
So I'm dry and unhappy. (That's what she said. :smiley36:)

Alright. Now I am a fan.:smilie39:

Splitlip
01-26-2010, 17:17

I only fear the Foo.

Foo2
01-28-2010, 08:31
I only fear the Foo.

:smiley19: More Foo fear.

Foo2
01-28-2010, 08:35
Well, maybe not. Don't forget Foo .... The Mod that the men love to fear!! :smiley2:

The funny thing is that IRL, I'm the least scary person ever. I'm a whole 5'3" and when I'm not growing another human, quite thin. I guess sometimes it's the small ones you have to worry about.:smiley2:

Straegen
09-10-2010, 13:44
I just ran across her Confessions of a Dive Bunny video...

Seaduction | scuba diving | scuba diving equipment | scuba gear - Confessions of a Dive Bunny S01E01 (http://seaduction.com/scuba-diving-adventure/3027-Confessions-Dive-Bunny-S01E01.html)

alpha
09-10-2010, 13:59
Great find....When I read "her" first description as a beach bum rather than bunny, I thought it was a guy pretending....Guess not now.If so, a very good pretense...:smiley30:

mocepts
09-10-2010, 14:27
CTRL-D, saved as favorite! Thanks.

ScubaJay
09-10-2010, 22:38
Welcome DB!! Heading there next spring with the wife to do some diving. Any suggestions? I know its a vague question. But not many posts on here so help us out.