PDA

View Full Version : taxes for online or over phone purchase.

bigman241
01-28-2010, 16:22
If you buy from scubatoys and are out of texas do you still pay taxs on a online or over phone order? Please say no because uncle obama has enough of my money

bigman241
01-28-2010, 16:28
I think it is no as I put it in my cart and when I put my user name and password in it took it off. Dang tax would dang near buy a tank

ReefHound
01-28-2010, 16:32
ScubaToys will only collect sales tax for in-state purchases. But legally, you are supposed to report and submit equivalent "use tax" to your home state (in most states). Few people do and they don't generally pursue individuals.

bigman241
01-28-2010, 16:52
ohh well guess I am screwed I spent about 5000 over the internet last year :smiley5::smiley5::smiley5: so I guess I owe them about 350 bucks Dang oppps glad I did not buy anything online:smiley2::smiley2::smiley2::smiley2:
ScubaToys will only collect sales tax for in-state purchases. But legally, you are supposed to report and submit equivalent "use tax" to your home state (in most states). Few people do and they don't generally pursue individuals.

CompuDude
01-28-2010, 17:42
Sales taxes are charged based on the shipping address.

If you live in Montana, but drive into Texas to make the purchase, you'll pay tax.

OTOH, if you live in Texas, but have the gear shipped to your friend in Montana, you won't pay taxes. (To ScubaToys... general tax law is outside the scope of this post!)

Obama has absolutely nothing to do with the sales taxes in your state, despite your snide remarks.

bigman241
01-28-2010, 19:51
lol:smiley36: more of a joke not a snide remark Though I am a conservative I do not blame everything on the OTHER party. Again just a joke. If Bush was still in office I would have used his name or even mccain. I guess I could blame it on Mitch Danials (indiana governor) But I do not see sales tax as a problem to blame on someone. Though I still am up for not having to pay it. They got enough out of me last year on my 07 truck and the jeep I traded it for.
Sales taxes are charged based on the shipping address.

If you live in Montana, but drive into Texas to make the purchase, you'll pay tax.

OTOH, if you live in Texas, but have the gear shipped to your friend in Montana, you won't pay taxes. (To ScubaToys... general tax law is outside the scope of this post!)

Obama has absolutely nothing to do with the sales taxes in your state, despite your snide remarks.

SEMO Scuba
01-28-2010, 20:11
Bigman you'll have to cheat a lot bigger on your taxes to qualify for a job in Uncle Barrack's cabinet.

bigman241
01-29-2010, 21:14
ohh so if I claim 5 kids the 8000 for the first time buyer and maybe claim 1 million in school cost I can get a nice 500k a year job shovling **** that obama spills out of his mouth. SOrry I could not stop my self after hereing him blame job losses in nov of 2009 on BUSH what about the 500k lost last month or 500k that will be lost this month
Bigman you'll have to cheat a lot bigger on your taxes to qualify for a job in Uncle Barrack's cabinet.