PDA

View Full Version : Ranger vs Brigade

Mtrewyn
09-03-2007, 17:57
from reading the info about the Brigade, is the only difference the lift? that 10 lbs relay does not seem like much difference for the cost.

Zenagirl
09-03-2007, 18:11
The Brigade is built on a Ranger harness, so it really is only the size of the bladder that's different. I would guess that because it's a ST invention that they don't have to follow any MAP (minimum advertising price) guidelines that Zeagle sets, which is why it seems so much cheaper. You really have to call or e-mail ST to find out what they sell things for, because the price you pay is often FAR less than the advertised price. At least for me it is, but maybe I'm just special.... ;)

Larry, Joe??

diversteve
09-03-2007, 18:59
The Ranger bladder is made of 1050 denier Ballistic Nylon. The Brigade's being from the Escape is of lighter material. Advantage to the Brigade bladder is that it compresses much better for travel.

Comparison shop and then call Scubatoys with the best price you've found. In my case also, they've been able to do better. Unless you want the Brigade in which case they're the only place to get one. Although my LDS sells a similar hybrid model called the Phoenix.

scubafreak
09-03-2007, 19:06
I don't know much about the Brigade but I do know that I LOOOOOOOVE my Ranger. You can't go wrong with Zeagle.

ScubaToys Larry
09-03-2007, 19:12
The Brigade is built on a Ranger harness, so it really is only the size of the bladder that's different. I would guess that because it's a ST invention that they don't have to follow any MAP (minimum advertising price) guidelines that Zeagle sets, which is why it seems so much cheaper. You really have to call or e-mail ST to find out what they sell things for, because the price you pay is often FAR less than the advertised price. At least for me it is, but maybe I'm just special.... ;)

Larry, Joe??

Of course it's just because you are special!! No one else will ever get your pricing! (Unless they call... :smiley20:)

Zenagirl
09-04-2007, 11:14
Thanks Larry, I knew that was how it HAD to be.....

DevilDiver
09-04-2007, 11:20
Brigade rocks!!!

ScottZeagle
09-04-2007, 12:36
Although my LDS sells a similar hybrid model called the Phoenix.

The Phoenix is based off of the Stiletto...not the Ranger....and it has a 44lb bladder.

Just to clear it up.

;)

kev99
09-04-2007, 21:07
I love my brigade! It feels great and I have plenty of arm movement.

lucidblue
09-04-2007, 21:22
Definitely love my Brigade so far.

creggur
09-04-2007, 21:24
Love my Brigade too!! 35 pounds of lift is plenty for the diving I'll be doing, plus it packs up nice for travel...If you like a back inflate BCD I just don't see how you can beat the value..

Charlotte Smith
09-04-2007, 21:40
My Husband loves his Brigade and I love the Zena...just can't beat the Zeagle BC on quality for price!

greyzen
09-05-2007, 08:44
I'm actually somewhat concerned about going ranger or brigade due to the lift of the bladder.

Ranger seems like it would be decent enough, but will it stall me at 100+ :D

Charlotte Smith
09-05-2007, 08:46
I'm actually somewhat concerned about going ranger or brigade due to the lift of the bladder.

Ranger seems like it would be decent enough, but will it stall me at 100+ :D
Are you going to dive 100+ alot?

greyzen
09-05-2007, 09:20
Well, I would like to work towards wreck diving mainly...
My philosophy on depth is, if I have to go down that deep to do what I want... thats fine.

I have little interest in going down as deep as possible just to 'do it', but if there is a wreck at 150', and I wanna see it, I'm going to work towards that goal.