PDA

View Full Version : are you new to scuba and need to purchase equipment

RAYANDCINDY
02-02-2010, 10:10
Being new new to scuba I was overwhelmed with the training, the first few dives and the need to buy the equipment. Lets face it do we really like to use a reg that has been in many mouths, a wet suit that may have been peed in, a BC that is not weight integrated and fins that hurt the feet, and the cost of renting ,not Me!!!
I had an instructor to help me with the training and walk me through the first few dives.

Now comes the time to buy the equipment and I was lost, I did not have unlimited funds to spend , so I started to look on the Internet and that was when I knew that I was lost as to what to buy and were.
I looked on EBay, and all the web based scuba stores. It was a night mare.

I read all the forums I could and this was a good learning tool for me but I knew I would have to make a choice and that is were SCUBATOYS came to my rescue. I first sent them an email explaining all of the above , it was responded in less than 1 hour with suggestions on the equipment I needed and to my surprise the cost was way less than I expected !

"Wade" at SCUBATOYS set me up with very nice regs, octo's, bcd, fins, wetsuits and a pile of free stuff. He treated my like family and and the price must have been the employee discount. He beat the price of the other companies on every piece and I am talking by a lot. So I place the order by phone, it was about 3:00 pm his time and guess what ? it was shipped that day for free.
I am sure glad that I chose SCUBATOYS

My advice to anyone that is going to buy scuba equipment , SCUBATOYS is the only one to buy from.
I like the idea that they are only 10 minutes from the airport because the next time that I have a layover at FWD airport I will take a cab ride to the store so I can shake their hand and thank them in person.

I am not being paid or compensated for my recommendations on SCUBATOYS

Wade, Joe and Larry
Thank You
RAYANDCINDY

Tracy Saunders
02-08-2010, 08:21
Right on... Well I know they helped me good when I got a Wet Suit from them. Stupid me put in the wrong Zip Code. They were able to fix it and it got to me with a little delay, but not too long.

Great service, great prices, just can't be beat.

More Kudos for the gang at ScubaToys! :smiley20:

Long Island Diver
02-08-2010, 09:43
I can't agree more. They definitely go out of their way to make sure their customers are happy and satisfied. A++ to Joe and Larry. I'll never shop anywhere else.

bassplayer
02-08-2010, 10:27
You are posting to the choir

chilly willy
02-08-2010, 13:04
Welcome to the forum Ray, Cindy, and Tracy! If you go to the job well done thread you will find many more comments such as your own, mine included. As far as forums go this one is top notch and very friendly.