PDA

View Full Version : Atom 2.0

Redfish
02-08-2010, 21:11
OK so I am either not a good reader or I have an issue with mine already.

The Atom is less than a week old bought from ST. I have been using it as a watch for a couple days and mid day today it just shut off and would not come back on.

Tonight i take th ebatter removal tool and take the back off and remove the battery. Then as soon as I replace it the DC starts up.

This seems very strange to me! I leave for our trip on Sunday where I plan to make four dives with this and my other DC so I do have a backup. However after paying the high dollar for this item I want it to work.

So some of you more experianced Atom folks help me out please?

Does the unit shut down after a couple days and you have to go through a startup cycle or something.....yes I did read the book but like I said maybe i missed something.

Diver Kat
02-08-2010, 22:01
Not that I'm aware of ... the DH & I both have had them for a couple years I guess and never had them just die. They have gone into low battery and we just had our dive shop replace the battery for us, and then they were good to go again.

Redfish
02-08-2010, 23:34
Thanks for the reply I guess you can see why it worries me....may have gotten a bad one.

Redfish
02-09-2010, 22:05
Looks like I am not the only one that has had this issue. Maybe a bad batch.

Atom 2.0 Strange Issue - ScubaBoard (http://www.scubaboard.com/forums/oceanic/232362-atom-2-0-strange-issue.html)

Mine is one of the ones that just shuts off then if I remove the batt cover it comes back on.

Diver Kat
02-09-2010, 23:01
Interesting .... from the other thread, I'd say you may want to contact Oceanic and see what they recommend. And you reminded me I probably want to get a couple spare batteries to take on the next trip ... just in case!!

Redfish
02-09-2010, 23:29
Have sent Joe and email to see what can be done since it came from them and is less than a week old.

I am heading out Saturday for the caribbean and would like to get something figured out before I leave.

bigman241
02-10-2010, 08:41
call them today. I am sure they will fix the issue
Have sent Joe and email to see what can be done since it came from them and is less than a week old.

I am heading out Saturday for the caribbean and would like to get something figured out before I leave.

Divingguy
02-10-2010, 11:44
If you enter "dive" mode from surface mode, the 2.0 will cancel dive mode after 2 hours if you do not get wet. However, I have never seen mine just black-out altogether, losing the "watch" portion. I can tell you that at times both another instructor and I have had problems with very short lifespans on replacement batteries in the atoms, and the VT series. We both believe those issues to be batteries, NOT the units. DO remember that if you DO change the battery, you MUST go back into your settings and correct the date, and anything else you had changed, otherwise your logging will be all messed up.

Redfish
02-10-2010, 15:18
Thanks to all. I made it by ST today and Joe had the fellows swap mine out for another new unit especially since its not even a week old. I hope this resolves the issue and this one does not start acting up.