PDA

View Full Version : Wearing a new computer to check it before diving.

bigman241
02-11-2010, 18:50
I will have my atom 2 next week and with redfish having trouble with his should I wear mine around for a few days or week and let it run as a watch or however and make sure it works good. Or is it not needed

DMWiz
02-11-2010, 20:23
Your enthusiasm is contagious!

To answer your question... it is your computer do with is as you please! Wearing it a week or a month before you need to use is 1000 times better than the guy reading the booklet taken from the shinny new box as we head to the dive site.

By all means get familiar with all of your gear before hand. Just don't go diving before you get certified.

WaScubaDude
02-11-2010, 21:25
You should definitely sleep in your wet suit. Just long enough to break it in and get it fitting comfortably. :smiley20:

Vercingetorix
02-11-2010, 21:29
You should definitely sleep in your wet suit. Just long enough to break it in and get it fitting comfortably. :smiley20:To REALLY break in the wetsuit...pee in it.

//was that wrong? should I not have said that?

FishFood
02-11-2010, 21:46
Should one be standing in the tub?? Or just tuck the wetsuit into the booties for a collection point and change later??

Redfish
02-11-2010, 22:08
Yes I would recomend it since Joe swapped my less than a week old Atom 2 out I have worn this one as a watch and will leave it on from now till done wiht my dives coming up next week.

I want to see if its going to shut down or reset like the other one was before I use it....The good think on my part is this is just my backup I have another DC that I am using as my primary.

But since I had the problem I am still a little concenred. I know stuff happens just hope its limited to a few and I was the poor SOB that bought one....no worries ST will stand behind the sale as they always do.

din
02-12-2010, 07:12
You should definitely sleep in your wet suit. Just long enough to break it in and get it fitting comfortably. :smiley20:To REALLY break in the wetsuit...pee in it.

//was that wrong? should I not have said that?

should he put the wetsuit on first?

also, bigman, make sure to wear your computer and mask in the shower.

DivingCRNA
02-12-2010, 07:25
ALWAYS tuck your wetsuit into your booties... Keeps the deck of the boat clean.

Vercingetorix
02-12-2010, 07:40
Should one be standing in the tub?? Or just tuck the wetsuit into the booties for a collection point and change later??

should he put the wetsuit on first?Yes

ALWAYS tuck your wetsuit into your booties... Keeps the deck of the boat clean.Roger that. It's good to see some folks are considerate of their fellow boat passengers.

navyhmc
02-12-2010, 14:51
ALWAYS tuck your wetsuit into your booties... Keeps the deck of the boat clean.

But when I do that, I look like I have elephant legs when I get out of the water....It is warmer though! :smiley20:

bigman241
02-12-2010, 15:35
:smilie39::smilie39::smilie39::smilie39::smilie39: :smilie39:ok get in the tub check the mask seal, pee in the wetsuit when in tub. Wear computer in said tub. Maybe I should use my Air compressor to try out the reg. will 150 psi work Maybe I should use the compressor and go down 20 in the local iced over strip pit lololololololololololol

ssmdive
02-15-2010, 11:23
Id just dive it, but make sure on the first few dives that you only look at it once in a while and don't stare at it. Treat the dives as if it was not there and run tables... And wear a watch as a bottom timer as well.

Equipment does fail.

cbope
02-15-2010, 12:31
I did a couple of pool dives with my D6, after studying the manual and learning how to use it. The pool dives allowed me to try it out under more-or-less "real" diving conditions and become confident in using it.

ssmdive
02-15-2010, 14:12
When I got my VR3 I first thought the "simulation mode" was stupid.... After the first dive when I found it was so confusing to me that I ignored it and used the backup I knew.... I decided to play around with it and found it REALLY helpful.