PDA

View Full Version : thanks to everyone here

bigman241
02-12-2010, 20:51
i want to say thanks to all the forum members,larry, scott from zeagle and any and everyone of you guys who helped me or gave me some advise even if I opted for my own inexperienced know thing opinion.
Two weeks from today and
I will be headed for florida. 2 weeks and 4 days and I will be a certified diver:smiley20::smiley20::smiley20::smiley20::smil ey20::smiley20::smiley20::smiley20::smiley20::smil ey32::smiley32::smiley32::smiley32::smiley32::smil ey32:

SEMO Scuba
02-12-2010, 20:57
Congrats on your new adventure. You will love it.

navyhmc
02-12-2010, 22:06
good luck, have fun listen to what you're taught and live it...oh, have fun too.

comet24
02-13-2010, 03:58
Good luck. Let us now about your adventures.

Rileybri
02-13-2010, 06:28
Have a blast Big. remember to stop, think, and decide for your self. Remember to have fun along the way!

2 weeks, 5 days till the sale begins! :smilie39:

bigman241
02-13-2010, 06:47
That just ant right. It would be 4 weeks 4 days till the sale starts. Everyone gets 50% of except anyone who talked about the sale or put their name on a piece of gear. :smiley36:
Have a blast Big. remember to stop, think, and decide for your self. Remember to have fun along the way!

2 weeks, 5 days till the sale begins! :smilie39:

Vercingetorix
02-13-2010, 06:59
Ya know, Bigman, you have deprived yourself of one of life's little (and most expensive) luxuries...buying gear after certification. Buy a little here. Discuss options for new gear. Buy a little there. Repeat. Upgrade existing gear. You have all your gear now, so it's like a kid sneaking into the hall closet, prior to Christmas, to see what shiny new toys he's got.

There is but one solution to this problem. After certification...SELL IT ALL. And, with the proceeds, buy shiny new stuff.

Oh...and since you appear to have unlimited funds, if you need a dive buddy, just call. You pickup my airfare, food, and hotel expenses; in return, I'll buy the first round at the nearest watering hole. Deal?
:smiley36::smiley36::smiley36::smiley36::smiley36:

Finally, if you have internet access during the cert class(es), start a blog/thread on this forum. After all we've heard here, I look forward to hearing of the adventures.

din
02-13-2010, 10:34
mazel tov, bigman! just remember to breathe normally and you'll be fine. have a blast and dive safe!

bostondivegirl
02-13-2010, 10:38
Congratulations! Just remember to breath...and have fun!

scubastud
02-13-2010, 11:36
Heres one more hint. Don't take your camera underwater first dive or two.
Get used to diving and the enviroment first.

bigman241
02-13-2010, 13:15
:smiley36:. Not unlimited three days after buying everything paying for the cert class, hotel, and such one of my tires had a belt blow out. Atleast one. Guess I get to buy new tires now. Suckey thing is the dam trip broke my bank account into little cent pieces:smiley5:. Atleast it is now rather then before I paid for all the good stuff
Ya know, Bigman, you have deprived yourself of one of life's little (and most expensive) luxuries...buying gear after certification. Buy a little here. Discuss options for new gear. Buy a little there. Repeat. Upgrade existing gear. You have all your gear now, so it's like a kid sneaking into the hall closet, prior to Christmas, to see what shiny new toys he's got.

There is but one solution to this problem. After certification...SELL IT ALL. And, with the proceeds, buy shiny new stuff.

Oh...and since you appear to have unlimited funds, if you need a dive buddy, just call. You pickup my airfare, food, and hotel expenses; in return, I'll buy the first round at the nearest watering hole. Deal?
:smiley36::smiley36::smiley36::smiley36::smiley36:

Finally, if you have internet access during the cert class(es), start a blog/thread on this forum. After all we've heard here, I look forward to hearing of the adventures.

Splitlip
02-13-2010, 13:52

Tim:

Stud makes a good suggestion. If I introduce even 1 new piece of gear, my camera stays on the boat.

And, well, you'll be introducing a few pieces as well as a new environment.

bigman241
02-13-2010, 14:51
I also agree and will take both of yours advise. Figure I will hold of for the cert dives a the boat dive we have planned and maybe use it on the shore dive we will be doing. If we end up planning two shore dives might hold off till the second. no hurry to take a ton of pics underwater. More the long haul end result plan.

Tim:

Stud makes a good suggestion. If I introduce even 1 new piece of gear, my camera stays on the boat.

IrishSquid
02-13-2010, 17:56

Tim:

I took a camera on my first ocean dive; The Hyde-Markham off of N.C
The seas were not too friendly that day (easily 6ft). The dives went well enough and the wreck was awesome (my first). Anyway, when my brother and I got back to the condo, the first thing our wives ask was; did you get any good pics? Huh????????? damn, I know I took that camera down with me. I must have lost it on the surface in the rough seas, and was having such a good time that camera didn't even register in my thoughts. Good thing it was a cheapo!

bigman241
02-14-2010, 15:24
Now that sucks I bet the wife never let you live it down

Tim:

I took a camera on my first ocean dive; The Hyde-Markham off of N.C
The seas were not too friendly that day (easily 6ft). The dives went well enough and the wreck was awesome (my first). Anyway, when my brother and I got back to the condo, the first thing our wives ask was; did you get any good pics? Huh????????? damn, I know I took that camera down with me. I must have lost it on the surface in the rough seas, and was having such a good time that camera didn't even register in my thoughts. Good thing it was a cheapo!