PDA

View Full Version : Dive Chart

kalokairi
09-04-2007, 01:07
I am completing open water and I just learned the dive chart. At first I was good then I became lost. Are there better charts out there? If I upgrade to a computer can it track and log my dives? Thanks

woody
09-04-2007, 03:12
I am completing open water and I just learned the dive chart. At first I was good then I became lost. Are there better charts out there? If I upgrade to a computer can it track and log my dives? Thanks

This will help you get back on track for the tables. As far as a computer, it is possible to track your computer dives using the PADI Wheel and multi level dive planning, but square profiles will most likely be out. Most all computers have a history and log feature for at least 10 dives. Quite a few are also downloadable to a PC to keep your log book there.

Hope this helps!

JugglingMonkeys
09-04-2007, 04:58
The dive computer software will track your dives for you.

But it's still very important that you thoroughly understand what's involved in dive charts.

Try using Larry's great software: http://www.scubatoys.com/store/detail.asp?PRODUCT_ID=TableTutor

I'm pretty sure they'll give you a code to unlock it for free since you're a forum member.

Phestr
09-04-2007, 05:36
I agree, relying on your computer without a good knowledge of how it's calculations are done is asking for trouble. I dive a computer, and even though it's a pain, I fill out the paper log with pressure group info just to keep in practice. The software is pretty cool, and yes, Larry has already said he'd give ou the code to forum members. Just PM him!