PDA

View Full Version : Another Cozumel Countdown

SEMO Scuba
02-16-2010, 20:36
We booked another trip to Coz tonight for May 29th through June 6th. The rest of these long cold winter days won't be so bad now!

Diver Kat
02-16-2010, 21:34
Well we'll be flying in just before you leave - we're booked June 4 - 12. Can't have enough trips planned to Coz!! :smiley20:

snagel
02-17-2010, 04:07
Dang SEMO, you one-uped me. I need to get on the ball. Congrats.

Snagel

scubagirlj
02-17-2010, 06:13
i have 39 more days...

Okc_diver
02-17-2010, 07:33
and I'll be flying out May 29th

below sea level
02-17-2010, 07:35
Another one! I'll be there from roughly May 24 - 28. Still need to confirm the dates, but it will be that week.

Scout
02-17-2010, 09:58
You guys are killin' me with your Cozumel Count-downs... I'm just itching to get down there and get back in some blue water. Need the CFO's (wife's) approval, though.

dkh6070
02-17-2010, 10:40
You guys are killin' me with your Cozumel Count-downs... I'm just itching to get down there and get back in some blue water. Need the CFO's (wife's) approval, though.

Coz is fairly inexpensive. I will share with you my trick for 2 coz trips. This is true and really worked.

I know we don't have the money right now to take a weekend trip so I'm not saying we should go but you won't believe how cheap I saw this dive trip to Cozumel! (It is not really on sale or anything; to women it is about perceived savings that can not be passed up like a shoe sale) We can both get to Coz and stay for 4 nights with 3 days of diving for $????? (I’ve done it for $525 for both of us last year with Freq flyer miles). Man, wouldn't that be cool if we can find this kind of deal when we can afford to take a trip? I would like to take another dive trip someday (Usually takes at least a couple of hours before any response with her mind wondering and fantasizing like women’s minds do... then she comes back) “It's not like we will get this kind of deal if we wait till spring break, if you think its a great deal lets be flexible and do it.”

(Second time was easier) Babe!!!!! Remember that special we got in coz back in Mar????? They emailed me and said they have a lot of empty rooms and would give us the same rate if we come back before the end of July during their slow season! (her response was) “This can get expensive, we did make out like bandits last time, let’s do it.” It went exactly as planned. Now, the first time I didn’t know how much fun we would have in Coz so it was a risk but the second time I knew.

If she finds out that it is regular price and not really a sale, she would never go for it. Who said men can't figure women out? OK!!!!!! I take that one back.
:smiley20:

Trunk_Monkey
02-17-2010, 12:06
I'm counting down for a March 12 cruise stopover in Coz. I'm really looking forward to diving with ScubaTony.

Please don't flame me about being a cruise diver this trip. My wife has been pestering me for years to take her on a cruise and I finally agreed when I found one that had stops in Roatan and Coz. She can lay by the pool to her heart's content while I go off and have fun.:smiley20:

Diver Kat
02-17-2010, 12:31
I'm counting down for a March 12 cruise stopover in Coz. I'm really looking forward to diving with ScubaTony.

Please don't flame me about being a cruise diver this trip. My wife has been pestering me for years to take her on a cruise and I finally agreed when I found one that had stops in Roatan and Coz. She can lay by the pool to her heart's content while I go off and have fun.:smiley20:
No flaming from me! I first found Coz by cruising .... and Grand Cayman, and Belize, and Roatan .... actually if I'd never taken a cruise I would have never even thought about learning to dive ... which would have been a real shame!

Herbdb
02-17-2010, 13:38
I am making my first trip to Coz April 10-17. My two sons and I will be at Scuba Club. Can't wait.

Trunk_Monkey
02-17-2010, 21:00

No flaming from me! I first found Coz by cruising .... and Grand Cayman, and Belize, and Roatan .... actually if I'd never taken a cruise I would have never even thought about learning to dive ... which would have been a real shame!

Thanks Kat. I'm hoping to check out both these destinations with the hope of going back there (one LDS here does Coz trips, the other does Roatan) for a dedicated dive trip.

unclepooty
02-18-2010, 09:39

Ditto! Never considered cruising or diving until son was invited on cruise with friends family. Went along, had fun, came home, got certified, and never looked back. Except for trying to find my wallet to go again.

snagel
02-19-2010, 05:26
Here's one for the books.....my buddy who is a non-diver called me last night and told me he booked a trip to Coz! He's leaving March 18th for a week. (Hope he likes it and maybe he will get hooked on diving.....another dive buddy in the making)

Snagel

Herbdb
02-19-2010, 08:36
Make sure he gets in the water for at least a Discover Scuba dive. That should do it.

Trunk_Monkey
02-19-2010, 12:51
Kat- Who will y'all be diving with in Coz?

PhD4JC
03-21-2010, 08:04
Have there been any reports of violence against tourists in Cozumel (with all what has been going on in Mexico)?

snagel
03-21-2010, 08:10
Haven't heard of any "issues" in Coz...would really be surprised if there were. I believe most of the violence has been in the US border towns like Tiajuana.

I have an uncle who lives on the Texas/Mexico boarder during the winter and he has gotten nervous a few times and almost returned home in the north several times this winter.

Snagel

Soonerwink
03-21-2010, 13:42
Where will you be staying at, and diving with? I will be there June 2-9, staying at Park Royal. Right now I plan on diving with Del Mar Aquatics, but that could change to Dive with Martin.

Okc_diver
03-21-2010, 14:47
Where will you be staying at, and diving with? I will be there June 2-9, staying at Park Royal. Right now I plan on diving with Del Mar Aquatics, but that could change to Dive with Martin.

May 22-29. Staying at Park Royal and using Del Mar Aquatics. I've looked on their site and can't find and prices for dive packages only for certifications

scubagirlj
03-21-2010, 14:54
have only 8 nights before i leave, can't wait to get to sleep!- don't worry about any violence, my ex(native mexican) says its all in border towns on mainland and directed towards people getting involved in things they shouldn't(tourists going into bad areas that get caught in cross fire, etc)-want to thank all forum members that gave me pointers about where to eat & how to get around coz as it 1st trip there by myself(will miss built-in translator/ money exchanger/DB ex hubby for those reasons) but luckily u/w we all speak the same language!

Diver Kat
03-21-2010, 15:05
Kat- Who will y'all be diving with in Coz?

Oops! Sorry TM! Didn't see this before! We have been diving with 'Scuba with Alison' for the last 5+ years. She's got a real comfy boat and a great boat captain in Carlos. Plus she's a blast! She has a collection of diver fans from over the years and it just happened that we met up with several groups of them this last trip. I swear! I had to get back in the water just to recover from laughing the entire SI!

We'll be back diving with Alison again as our next trip to Coz is June 4-12. We've actually rented a house in town this trip - Casa Carlita - so we'll see how that goes. Met the owners on a plane to Coz a few years back, so finally decided to give the place a try. Right now it's just Alan & I, but since the home is a 2 bedroom - 2 bath, we might be looking for some other divers to share the cost ... unless we can talk some non-diving family members into a relaxing Cozumel vacation!!

Soonerwink
03-21-2010, 18:46

May 22-29. Staying at Park Royal and using Del Mar Aquatics. I've looked on their site and can't find and prices for dive packages only for certifications
I never pre-book with them, Just go over and tell them you are with the Tulsa Aquanauts, and Todd and Jeff said they get to dive for 50.00 per 2 tank dive, as long as you pay cash. I usually pay for 5 days of diving. They may want more if you book fewer days. They will also give you unlimited use of tanks for shore dives. They will even leave a tank out for you to do a night dive.

Okc_diver
03-21-2010, 19:20

I never pre-book with them, Just go over and tell them you are with the Tulsa Aquanauts, and Todd and Jeff said they get to dive for 50.00 per 2 tank dive, as long as you pay cash. I usually pay for 5 days of diving. They may want more if you book fewer days. They will also give you unlimited use of tanks for shore dives. They will even leave a tank out for you to do a night dive.

Thanks, nice to know. (I'm also a member of Tulsa Aquanauts)

So how much does it cost to do a 5 day dive package with them? (never used them before)

Soonerwink
03-22-2010, 15:03

Thanks, nice to know. (I'm also a member of Tulsa Aquanauts)

So how much does it cost to do a 5 day dive package with them? (never used them before)
250.00 + tip for divemaster

Okc_diver
03-22-2010, 17:51
That's cheaper than what I paid for last year (around 300.00 plus 20.00 tip per day) But they were the only D.O. that would go that far north

cowgirldiver
03-22-2010, 21:15
And ask if you can have Rene as your DM-he is great at spotting stuff. Last year when my camera fogged up, I just kept pretending to take pictures because he was working so hard to find things.

Clernix
03-25-2010, 18:11
going down May 8th-23rd I can't wait for class to be over and see Coz again.

scubagirlj
03-26-2010, 08:56
will be landing in 72 hrs..........more importantly will be in water in 76 hrs!

dkh6070
03-26-2010, 09:05

Have fun Scubagirl!!!!!!!!!

SEMO Scuba
03-26-2010, 20:48

Updates & trip report are mandatory.

scubagirlj
03-27-2010, 09:34
i wish i could figure out how to add pics as am taking new camera-trip report to follow for sure(50 hrs til giant stride!)

scubagirlj
03-28-2010, 16:43
ok- how hard core am i? got home from work at 1:30 am and woke up at 5:46am to see if i could get better seats on plane(24 hr rule plus 1 minute)-i moved up 6 rows on 1st leg and 18 rows on 2nd leg, pretty proud of myself-must have packed & re packed a dozen times trying to get thing down to a minimum-never sweated a trip like this one but it is during peak spring break time & easter week & would hate to have my gear be delayed for some local that works in the US,bringing back sneakers, clothes, electronics(sorry, my ex used to bring back 2 HUGE suitcases of clothes and sneakers for everyone in his extended family & then some-tourist luggage got bumped to another flight next day on more than one occasion-another reason he is the ex)-back to better thoughts, will be in water in 19 hrs!!!

RobinW
04-17-2010, 10:03
Anybody else dive with Alison? Hubby and I are booking our first trip to Coz this summer. I have been e-mailing Alison, and think that's the way to go. Any more details would be appreciated. Also, any info on Park Royal.
Thanks!

Diver Kat
04-17-2010, 14:31
Anybody else dive with Alison? Hubby and I are booking our first trip to Coz this summer. I have been e-mailing Alison, and think that's the way to go. Any more details would be appreciated. Also, any info on Park Royal.
Thanks!
Robin - when will you guys be there? I'll be diving with Alison June 5-11th.

RobinW
04-17-2010, 21:12
Not until mid-July. Guess it will be hot, but so is Dallas in July!

Diver Kat
04-17-2010, 22:38
Not until mid-July. Guess it will be hot, but so is Dallas in July!
Well as long as you're under water - who cares!! :smiley36:

Okc_diver
05-12-2010, 07:54
10 more days to go for me!
And I will be spending my birthday under water!

Diver Kat
05-12-2010, 08:30

Best way to spend the birthday!! :smiley20:

23 days for us .... time to start packing! :smiley2:

chace_nicole
05-12-2010, 12:46

Kat-thought you still might be packed from your last trip! I'm not jealous or anything!!!

chace_nicole
05-12-2010, 12:48
Thanks!

I'll be diving with Alison June 28th-July8th. I think it is the way to go! She has a loyal customer base as do many ops on the island.

SEMO Scuba
05-12-2010, 15:02
Oh my gosh I'm turning green. Actually it's green with envy that you get to stay for a whole month!

I will be using the camera that I bought from you when I get there May 29th.

Diver Kat
05-12-2010, 15:37

Kat-thought you still might be packed from your last trip! I'm not jealous or anything!!!

LOL .... actually, I used to be much worse and would start putting stuff together a couple months in advance .... I've now got that down to a few weeks. Of course the constant practice helps!!! Still wish you were going to be there with us :smiley19:.... but we'll see you in November!!! :smiley20:

dannybot
05-15-2010, 15:55
16 days and counting.

Diver Kat
05-15-2010, 16:59
16 days and counting.
19 for us!!!!

BRsnow
05-15-2010, 22:17
15 days...so ready.

unclepooty
05-16-2010, 07:42
21 days.......I can taste the salt

Okc_diver
05-16-2010, 13:22
5 days for me

diverg
05-16-2010, 15:24
54 days for me!!

dannybot
05-17-2010, 15:37
14 long days!

Okc_diver
05-22-2010, 04:39
At the Okc airport getting ready to board for Houston then on to Cozumel

Diver Kat
05-22-2010, 06:56
At the Okc airport getting ready to board for Houston then on to Cozumel

Lucky Dog!!!:smiley20:

13 more days and counting for us!

unclepooty
05-22-2010, 07:07
Have fun, and gives us a wave as you fly over

BRsnow
05-22-2010, 11:41
8 days...so ready.

DevilDiver
05-22-2010, 12:21
Because of the generous offer of Rayaa3 and the unfailing trust and bountiful love from my wife, I am officially on a Cozumel countdown. :smiley20:

July 9-12, 48 days and counting...

Big "Thank you" to Rayaa3 for the hook up on the room. If I can ever return the favor I will.

A big "PDA" for my wife :heartpump: "Thank you" and I promise to clean up my room and take out the trash.

-DD

diverg
05-22-2010, 19:37
Because of the generous offer of Rayaa3 and the unfailing trust and bountiful love from my wife, I am officially on a Cozumel countdown. :smiley20:

July 9-12, 48 days and counting...

Big "Thank you" to Rayaa3 for the hook up on the room. If I can ever return the favor I will.

A big "PDA" for my wife :heartpump: "Thank you" and I promise to clean up my room and take out the trash.

-DD
Hey if I come down a day early I'll pay you half the room rate that Rayaa let you have the room for for one of the two beds. :smiley2:

DevilDiver
05-22-2010, 20:19
The room is free so I am not looking for any cash, if you need a place to crash for the night I am cool with that as long as your not a freak-a-ziod.

My plane lands at 10am from Dallas so I plan to be on a dive boat at 1pm for the afternoon dives. Not sure what time Houston gets in so let me know if that works.

I guess you have booked your dives with Scuba Mau?

diverg
05-22-2010, 20:32
The room is free so I am not looking for any cash, if you need a place to crash for the night I am cool with that as long as your not a freak-a-ziod.

My plane lands at 10am from Dallas so I plan to be on a dive boat at 1pm for the afternoon dives. Not sure what time Houston gets in so let me know if that works.

I guess you have booked your dives with Scuba Mau?
First Houston flight arrives at 11:25 in the morning. It is possible I'll come in on Wednesday or Thursday and move over on Friday. It might be another few weeks before I know if it is possible. The rest of my group (19 people) arrive on Saturday.

DevilDiver
05-22-2010, 21:14
19? Holy cow.. :smiley36:

Are all of you staying at the Villa Blanca? You guys are going to take up the whole hotel......

If you need to crash in the room just give me a shout.

-DD

diverg
05-22-2010, 21:22
19? Holy cow.. :smiley36:

Are all of you staying at the Villa Blanca? You guys are going to take up the whole hotel......

If you need to crash in the room just give me a shout.

-DD
Will do, but it is 20 people total. 12 Superior rooms. Sure wish that offer you had started on Thursday instead of Friday. :)

Also we'll be keeping Opal and crew busy.

dannybot
05-23-2010, 08:16
8 days....

SYOTABUCS
05-24-2010, 15:15
4 days and counting

harb99
05-24-2010, 22:47
5 days and counting - Hotel Cozumel (5/29 to 6/6) / Dive Paradise - wife and I going with Semo scuba and his wife

SEMO Scuba
05-25-2010, 08:14
T minus 94 hours and counting!

DevilDiver
05-25-2010, 09:16
45 days.... :smiley20: :smiley5: :smiley19: :smiley20:

It's a love hate kinda thing.

Diver Kat
05-25-2010, 15:08
Down to single digits .....

9 Days to go!!!!!!! :comic11::wave::comic11::wave:

navyhmc
05-25-2010, 15:13
Down to single digits .....

9 Days to go!!!!!!! :comic11::wave::comic11::wave:

PBBBTTTTT!!!!!!

No future trip planned...dammit!

But have fun!:smiley20: :smiley20: :smiley20:

BRsnow
05-27-2010, 06:37
3 days :icon_razz:

Okc_diver
05-27-2010, 14:39
Still sitting here in Cozumel. Lionfish are just about everywhere. I found 1 today told the DM, he couldn't do anything (no bag or spear) on Yucab reef 45 feet down. Caught 2 yesterday.

Diver Kat
05-27-2010, 16:27
Still sitting here in Cozumel. Lionfish are just about everywhere. I found 1 today told the DM, he couldn't do anything (no bag or spear) on Yucab reef 45 feet down. Caught 2 yesterday.

Lucky dog!!! Wiah I was there now. We still have 7 days to go!!!!

Hey! What's the water temp been running??

dannybot
05-27-2010, 20:18
Leaving IAH Monday!

unclepooty
05-29-2010, 06:47
Eight more longgggggggggg days!

harb99
05-29-2010, 13:53
our countdown has been extended due to delayed flight and missing connection - now stuck in Charlotte for the night - was supposed to be underwater by now - looks like it will be almost 24 hours before we can blow bubbles down there.

dannybot
05-29-2010, 19:44
Just checked the weather in Cozumel, Looks like rain all week. I sure hope we don't get wet on the dive trips!

Okc_diver
05-30-2010, 10:40
The day before my trip last week I checked the weather reports and it said scattered t-storms. When I got there it was partly cloudy and didn't rain. It rained maybe 3 times while I was there (brief rain). We finished our third day of diving and it was raining in town we ended up getting our gear washed by the rain. The last day (Friday night) the rain came in buckets (few streets had some flooding) Saturday morning when I went to the airport the skys were clear.

I wouldn't let the rain bother you, you'll be getting wet anyway.

For the divers heading down be safe, dive and have fun!

diverg
05-31-2010, 13:14
40 days 21 hours 14 minutes.....

Devil Diver are you flying in on American?

Diver Kat
05-31-2010, 14:05
3 Days, 23 Hours!!!! :smiley20: :smiley20: :smiley20:

dannybot
06-01-2010, 06:16
We got here yesterday just before noon. It rained a bit in the afternoon, and stormed during the night. The sun is out now, looks like a great day for diving. Last night we did a short shore dive, the water was a little rough, but we saw some neat fish. Water temp was 81 deg.

Soonerwink
06-01-2010, 17:03
12 hours before lift off. By this time tomorrow I will have had 1 dive in, and setting on the beach waiting on the sun to set.

ScubaKeli
07-14-2010, 09:36
24 dasy Aug 7 - Aug 14... Cant wait, Got a new camera ready to go and we are thinking of taking a PPB class. Staying at SSC for the first time. Any suggestions or comments on camera or class?

ScubaKeli
07-14-2010, 11:40
I guess I should proof read before posting reply.
That's 24 days until Cozumel and we are stating at SCC (Scuba Club Cozumel)
I just purchased the Sealife DC1200, hope I can figure out this underwater camera thing.
Probably going to take the PADI Peak Performance Buoyancy class PPB.

What shark?
07-17-2010, 17:00
40 hours till take off, a few more until bubbles. :) I need this trip badly.

SEMO Scuba
11-29-2010, 20:25
Resurrection of a dead thread. I leave for Cozumel in 103 hours 16 minutes, but who's counting?

Diver Kat
11-29-2010, 22:17
Just got back, so I'm suffering the Coz Blues ...... :smiley19:

Gonnagettanked
11-30-2010, 06:53
Pictures please

TwistedSister209
11-30-2010, 20:46
Congrats, SEMO.
I'm with Kat....the Cozumel blues. . . .

SEMO Scuba
11-30-2010, 20:57
My Coz Blues won't start for another 248 hours.

Diver Kat
11-30-2010, 23:01
Pictures please

Gonnagettanked
12-01-2010, 06:25
fabulous thanks Kat

jans
12-14-2010, 10:43
Resurrection of a dead thread. I leave for Cozumel in 103 hours 16 minutes, but who's counting?

SEMO, where are you? Waiting on report.

Davetowz
12-14-2010, 11:10
yeah, for those of us fixing drysuits so we can dive up here! how is the warm water?

SEMO Scuba
12-14-2010, 20:41
I'm trying to catch up reading the forum. I'll post a trip report as soon as I get caught up.

FamilyDoc
12-15-2010, 20:14
Coz in 16 days and 86 days! Can't wait as I hope I'll have my Sealife DC 1200 by then. :)

Sask Diver
12-19-2010, 11:35
June 12th to 19th for me

jans
12-19-2010, 11:49
15 days......

jans
01-02-2011, 21:03
Leaving tomorrow. I may post a few pic's from the resort. Weather looks pretty good.

dougr52
01-13-2011, 04:39
June 12th to 19th for me

are you on the scuba board invade coz trip???

SEMO Scuba
02-22-2011, 20:44
Going back to coz march 12th!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

WaScubaDude
02-22-2011, 21:04
Hey All you lucky dogs going to Coz. Can you tell us where you are staying and who you are diving with AND How much you payed for each? Looking to make the "Hey Honey Look at this deal!" trick to get us signed up.

Diver Kat
02-22-2011, 22:51
Well, we're not making it back till November this year, but we used the Orbitz promo code ($200 off) deal again. We've used it for at least 4 or 5 trips over the last 3 years. This time we booked air (Austin to Coz) & hotel (Fiesta Americana-AI) for $1578 for the 2 of us. Airfare has jumped a lot since our last trip, I think it was about $980 of the package price. Usually we'll do air separate and book a hotel/car rental deal, but since FA has gone 100% AI and we don't need to hit town that often for supplies. As for diving, we use Scuba with Alison. We've been diving with her the last 6 or 7 years, and she's become a good friend as well being a great dive op. I think her prices are $65 for a 2 tank dive if you pay cash or travelers checks, but if you pay CC I think it's a bit higher due to the fees. She picks us up at the dock each morning, has a comfy boat, you dive your air/computer and you have a blast during the SI's. Couldn't ask for anything more!!

ScottW
02-22-2011, 23:28
Just placed a deposit for 10 rooms at Fiesta Americana July 17-24.