PDA

View Full Version : OSTC or Liquivision X1

Blotniak_B_155
02-19-2010, 02:17
Can you tell me about your expierience wiht thouse two computers???

I don know which should I buy and I need some more information about them.

Liquivision X1 ( zhl16 z gf or z vpm) or OSTC - Open Source Tauch Computer.

In OSTC i can install the. ZHL16 z GF algorytm - which give a resonable dive plans.

Did someone used this computers???

Scuba Pete
02-19-2010, 07:18
I dont think many people on this forum have used those computers. There will be a few who may have. You would be better off going to "The Deco Stop" and asking there.

gander
02-19-2010, 07:33
I would concur. There are a few tech divers on here, but the deco stop of cave divers forum is probably a better choice.

I have not heard of the one computer. It seems like over here, the current winners in the tech computer race are the X1 and the Shearwater Predator. I have a predator, but have only got 2 dives on it so far. I believe it uses a Buhlman algorithm with GF.

Depending upon exactly what you need in a tech computer, the Shearwater can be much cheaper. Mine was just a little over half the cost of an X1 with software and I have full trimix with constant PPO2 CCR. I think the price jumps a couple hundred dollars if you want the fisher connector for real time PPO2 (i.e., reads the CCR loop O2 sensors).

Greg

Blotniak_B_155
02-19-2010, 08:02
thank for your advice - the deco stop is also a forum???

X1 costs about 2200 $ in shop in my country. what is the price in your shop???

comet24
02-19-2010, 08:19
I've never seen the OSTC. I dive a Shearwater Pursuit myself and only have good things to say about it. Seen and dived with others that use the X1 and everyone that uses it likes it.

In today's tec. market I really think it's Shearwater or Liquivision(X1) when it comes to true deco computers. Everything else I have seen is a distant second.

What's your needs in a computer? This can effect the price of a Shearwater as they sell them in different configurations. You can upgrade the software as your needs grow by buying a simple unlock code. X1 comes setup for everything from the beginning although you do need to purchase the software of your choice to run on the computer.

As others have said your have better luck over on thedecostop getting info.

din
02-19-2010, 09:17
here, blotniak: The Deco Stop (http://thedecostop.com/)

good luck with your search! please let us know which computer you select.

ianr33
02-20-2010, 15:58
In today's tec. market I really think it's Shearwater or Liquivision(X1) when it comes to true deco computers. Everything else I have seen is a distant second.

Totally agree with that.
I got a Shearwater and could not be happier with it.
Main reasons for choosing the Shearwater over the Liquivision were:
1)Price
2)User replaceable batteries.

In an ideal world I would make it smaller (but keep the display the same size) and have it run VPM.

Blue_Water
02-21-2010, 00:52
I own 2 Liquivsion X1's

Without doubt the very best computer I have even had the pleasure to dive.
Been a VR3 man all my life till I strapped on the X1, 2 dives later I sold both my VR3's on Ebay and purchased a second X1

The X1 is so easy to use I never read the manual, it's so simple to navigate above and below the water.

:smiley20::smiley20::smiley20: up !!

Cheers
Andy