PDA

View Full Version : Has anyone out there encountered cracks in your Zeagle BC inflator?

|Scuba_Doo|
09-04-2007, 09:50
Pardon my ignorance but strangely enough, the sales person who sold me a Stiletto says the original inflator on my BC is pretty prone to cracks and he claims to have encountered quite a few cases when his customers send in their BC for servicing. I'm not sure if he meant this problem is something unique to the Stiletto or it happens to other models too. Has any Zeagle BC user here encountered this problem? This newbie would definitely appreciate your precious input. Thanks a whole bunch.

Charlotte Smith
09-04-2007, 10:12
My husband and I both have Zeagle BC's and there hasn't been a crack or even a mark on ours! Our friends both
have Zeagles too and they say theirs are still perfect also. Hope this helps....

|Scuba_Doo|
09-04-2007, 11:04
Thanks Charlotte! :smiley1:

Zenagirl
09-04-2007, 11:30
I have over 100 dives on my Zeagle BC and the inflator looks as good today as it did the day I got it.

|Scuba_Doo|
09-04-2007, 11:31
Thanks for the input Zenagirl!

Ramgib
09-04-2007, 12:15
I got my Ranger brand new over three years ago. When it arrived and I checked it out, the inflator would leak air. On close exam I could see the seam below the button was not sealed. Called Larry and he overnited a new one. Have couple hundred dives on it and no problem.

ertechsg
09-04-2007, 12:27
Ask Scott Zeagle he is a member here look his name up under member list and PM him I'm sure he would like to know about somone saying that about his BC'S

ScottZeagle
09-04-2007, 12:29
Cracks do occur on the power inflator, but it is generally due to a non-trained individual trying to tighten down the QD fitting and splitting it open.

I'm sure there have been a few from the factory that were overtightened and cracked, but that should be evident the very first time you dive....and hoefully there are not many like that...

I have learned never to say never!!!

;)

|Scuba_Doo|
09-04-2007, 18:25
Thanks everyone! Feel much better knowing that the inflator problem is not common and that I'll be getting excellent aftersales service from the manufacturer IF something does go wrong :smiley20: