PDA

View Full Version : scubatoys july trip

bigman241
02-22-2010, 18:57
I saw the scubatoys' trip there selling for july 31st I think. Are any of you going on that trip why or why not. I am thinking about it. It would be nice to meet some of you guys and do some diving down there. Plus I like lobsters. 899 ant bad for 5 days plus 300 bucks each for air fare. Seems cheap

DevilDiver
02-22-2010, 19:19
I am going along with Pandora, ChefDvr, Tom Ford, Kurt and Joey and I know there are others that I have not had the chance to meet yet.

The trip is 7 days not 5, we are looking at flying in the day before and getting a hotel so not to take a chance on missing the boat leaving at 3pm.

Lobster season starts Aug 1st so we will be out before the locals.

We have the whole boat reserved for ST so it should be a blast!!!

Bring your camera gear and I will give you some pointers if you like.....

bigman241
02-22-2010, 19:28
Sounds like alot of fun I do not see any reason not to. MMMMMM lobster.
I am going along with Pandora, ChefDvr, Tom Ford, Kurt and Joey and I know there are others that I have not had the chance to meet yet.

The trip is 7 days not 5, we are looking at flying in the day before and getting a hotel so not to take a chance on missing the boat leaving at 3pm.

Lobster season starts Aug 1st so we will be out before the locals.

We have the whole boat reserved for ST so it should be a blast!!!

Bring your camera gear and I will give you some pointers if you like.....

DevilDiver
02-22-2010, 19:43
Dude, I am bringing a chef. (seriously) I hope the on board cook does not mind a little competition.

Okc_diver
02-22-2010, 23:43
Dude, I am bringing a chef. (seriously) I hope the on board cook does not mind a little competition.

Just tell the chef they have to take the night off:smiley36:

Clernix
02-23-2010, 07:26
I would love to come just for the photography tips the lobster would be a heck of a bonus but I am one of those guys that thought beer and women were more important than studies so I am stuck in class at in my 40's

bigman241
02-23-2010, 08:15
Atlest you admit it. You know I need to check something I think thats the last week of my summer semester and might be hard to get finales done ahead a week.
I would love to come just for the photography tips the lobster would be a heck of a bonus but I am one of those guys that thought beer and women were more important than studies so I am stuck in class at in my 40's

DevilDiver
02-23-2010, 08:54
Well, if you can it will be a great trip.

I have really been looking forward to doing the Blackbeard's trip for some time. Since Scuba Toys set it up and booked the whole boat it just gave me the opportunity to finally go for it.

bigman241
02-23-2010, 09:12
What the teachers do not know will not hurt them. I think I need to do my finals early so I can go visit a sick friend. Will any of you be sick while on the boat? :smilie39::smilie39::smilie39::smilie39::smilie39:
Well, if you can it will be a great trip.

I have really been looking forward to doing the Blackbeard's trip for some time. Since Scuba Toys set it up and booked the whole boat it just gave me the opportunity to finally go for it.

Clernix
02-23-2010, 11:39
I just looked at the trip and I am actually out of class. I am taking a trip in May but have a week off in August. I am going to keep an eye on this I might make it. I was planning a week in Bonaire but this sounds really fun. How many are signed up so far?

DevilDiver
02-23-2010, 14:28
There can be up to 24 passengers per boat, I believe there are around 10 spots booked so we are almost half there. Send Joe a PM, he can tell you for sure.....

There is a $100 ST gift certificate for the biggest lobster also, that ought to be fun.

bigman241
02-23-2010, 20:35
Can it be frozen or red

There can be up to 24 passengers per boat, I believe there are around 10 spots booked so we are almost half there. Send Joe a PM, he can tell you for sure.....

There is a $100 ST gift certificate for the biggest lobster also, that ought to be fun.

Trunk_Monkey
03-31-2010, 13:25
This question is for those who have been on that same boat before.

Are the bunks large enough to comfortably sleep a 6'2" 250lb guy?

DevilDiver
03-31-2010, 14:31
This question is for those who have been on that same boat before.

Are the bunks large enough to comfortably sleep a 6'2" 250lb guy?

Bunks are 74" long 36" wide.

Herbdb
03-31-2010, 18:33
When I did my diving in the Bahamas two years ago, taking lobster using scuba was prohibited. The rules look like they are the same now.

Is there an exception for charter operators?

Just Curious.
Herb

DevilDiver
03-31-2010, 21:13
When I did my diving in the Bahamas two years ago, taking lobster using scuba was prohibited. The rules look like they are the same now.

Is there an exception for charter operators?

Just Curious.
Herb

It's not my thing so it really does not matter to me either way but if the others do bring in some bugs and are nice enough to share I sure will not turn it down.

From the website:
Is lobstering allowed? Yes, but we follow Bahamian law which limits you to free diving only. No trigger and no tanks! We have Hawaiian slings on board. The lobster season runs from August 6 until March 31. We can only hunt outside the park boundaries.

DevilDiver
04-29-2010, 10:10
It looks like the July 31- Aug 7 Bahamas / Blackbeards LOB trip has been filled.

Scuba Toys has booked the whole boat so there will be 24 Scuba Toys customers (some forum members) enjoying some great diving.

Pandora
05-03-2010, 19:57
This is going to be a great trip!

seopositive2
05-05-2010, 03:33
Great post nice information thanks for the thread
Wall Quotes &amp (http://www.adagiointeriors.com/)