PDA

View Full Version : Ok, ST, here's what I want

paulwall
09-04-2007, 12:13
I have a Brigade, a DIN Envoy with an Oceanic Slimline Octo, a yoke Envoy with no octo, yet. SPG's on both, and a dive alert.

I want a kit with multiples of every user-replaceable O-ring, rubber washer for my equipment. From the big rubber washer in the inflator mechanism to the o-rings on the HP and LP hoses where they attach to the 1st stage, to the unknown o-ring that keeps the Dive Alert from leaking on the power inflator connection. And especially - that oddball size o-ring on the DIN fitting of the envoy. It's not the same size as my Sherwood DIN o-ring, nor is it the same size as a regular yoke o-ring. Nor is it the same size as the din plug o-ring. Nor is it the same size as a yoke-insert o-ring.

Apparently, there's also a strange-size o-ring in the shoulder dump valve that I've seen fail on a Ranger.

I'll need dozens of that DIN one, as it keeps getting lost when I move regulators over.

So, if a user sends you his list of gear, can you assemble a kit of all of his o-rings, labeled if not standard (who needs yoke valve o-rings labeled). pre-lubed would be nice, too.

Manny-R
09-04-2007, 13:34
you should probly just call them or pm joe or larry, and it will be taken care of faster.

jo8243
09-19-2007, 06:59
I'm guessing would be hard for them to financially justify putting together a kit for sale that was specific to just your particular gear setup. You probably ought to get a save-a-dive kit, which will have lots of o-rings, then just try to put up the other odd ones seperately.

greyzen
09-19-2007, 08:36
I have a Brigade, a DIN Envoy with an Oceanic Slimline Octo, a yoke Envoy with no octo, yet. SPG's on both, and a dive alert.

I want a kit with multiples of every user-replaceable O-ring, rubber washer for my equipment. From the big rubber washer in the inflator mechanism to the o-rings on the HP and LP hoses where they attach to the 1st stage, to the unknown o-ring that keeps the Dive Alert from leaking on the power inflator connection. And especially - that oddball size o-ring on the DIN fitting of the envoy. It's not the same size as my Sherwood DIN o-ring, nor is it the same size as a regular yoke o-ring. Nor is it the same size as the din plug o-ring. Nor is it the same size as a yoke-insert o-ring.

Apparently, there's also a strange-size o-ring in the shoulder dump valve that I've seen fail on a Ranger.

I'll need dozens of that DIN one, as it keeps getting lost when I move regulators over.

So, if a user sends you his list of gear, can you assemble a kit of all of his o-rings, labeled if not standard (who needs yoke valve o-rings labeled). pre-lubed would be nice, too.

Loved your latests swishahouse remix

ccarter
09-19-2007, 08:40
That'd be nice but I doubt they'd be able to justify all the extra work.. I would just pick up a regular 'ol save a dive kit like the above poster said and fill in the blanks myself.

paulwall
09-20-2007, 13:32
I hardly see how it's extra work. They service all of this gear, have the stuff on the bench. Just package it up and say "Brigade O-rings" Envoy O-rings, Generic O-rings, etc.

paulwall
09-20-2007, 13:33
Loved your latests swishahouse remix

:smiley25::smiley25::smiley25::smiley25::confused:

greyzen
09-20-2007, 13:55

totally off topic, and apparently you are unaware but your nickname (perhaps your real name?) is the same as a fairly famous rapper. :)

www.djpaulwall.com
www.swishahouse.biz

crpntr133
09-20-2007, 19:40
Personally I think it is over kill. This is probably also why nobody sells a kit. There are probably service kits that you could buy.
Prelubed is asking for trouble. The only thing that is going to do it collect dirt/lint right from the package.

paintsnow
09-20-2007, 23:26
you could just put together your own.
thats what i plan on doing

JugglingMonkeys
09-21-2007, 02:08
how DO you buy extra o-rings?
from the manufacturers of each piece?

paintsnow
09-21-2007, 19:31
you can buy them from diverite express
or at least most of them
some of them are manufacture specific if you want a good seal
but out of all your gear that should only be about 1 or 2 types
and im sure scubatoys could get you those if you asked really nicely

crpntr133
09-21-2007, 23:41
Most of what the OP is looking for is in any O-ring kit sold by any good dive shop. Some of the unique ones could probably be bought through a shop that services that item. But there might be the issue of getting the o-ring or gasket and a couple pieces that you probably don't want.

paulwall
09-22-2007, 00:51
Most of what the OP is looking for is in any O-ring kit sold by any good dive shop. Some of the unique ones could probably be bought through a shop that services that item. But there might be the issue of getting the o-ring or gasket and a couple pieces that you probably don't want.

And that is exactly what I was looking for. Bought from ST, serviced by ST, surely they could sell me a bag o' parts...

paulwall
09-22-2007, 00:52

totally off topic, and apparently you are unaware but your nickname (perhaps your real name?) is the same as a fairly famous rapper. :)

www.djpaulwall.com (http://www.djpaulwall.com)
www.swishahouse.biz (http://www.swishahouse.biz)

Holy crap! You're the guy who buys my albums?

Now I have to go and change my handle....

ScubaToys Larry
09-22-2007, 04:31
Yea, we can sell the rebuild kits - may want to carry a whole rebuild kit - not just the o-rings. A generic o-ring kit for 5 bucks will take care of virtually all your o-ring issues, and really, when traveling, someone will always have an o-ring in the dive shop - it's finding a HP seat that is normally the tricky part if they are not a dealer for that brand. No one makes their own o-rings - they machine parts to fit a number 007 or an 009 etc... but the seats are a different matter. So I'd say just order a rebuild kit for each part you have and lock that away in your dry box, then in case it's just a nice simple generic o-ring, get one of these: http://scubatoys.com/store/detail.asp?PRODUCT_ID=Ork1 and choose the deluxe kit - which will include the small o-rings to fit the HP spools, etc.