PDA

View Full Version : Mmmmmm

NitroWill
09-04-2007, 15:33
Homemade boiled peanuts :smiley20:

Harshal
09-04-2007, 15:36
Sounds like you are home enjoying those little treats......lol Wish I could do the same. :)
Salted ones taste real good.

finflippers
09-04-2007, 15:41
I was fine till I saw this now I will have to get me some boiled peanuts tonight.

NitroWill
09-04-2007, 15:44
Just boiled a whole batch up :) Very good snack...

Cheap too :)

Harshal
09-04-2007, 15:45
Which one do you get?

NitroWill
09-04-2007, 15:51
I boil my own peanuts..

The tiny little cans arent near enough!!

Harshal
09-04-2007, 15:57
Which kinda peanuts do u get Nitro?

NitroWill
09-04-2007, 16:10

Whatever fresh green peanuts in shell the local Publix has

Harshal
09-04-2007, 16:14

Whatever fresh green peanuts in shell the local Publix has
Never seen around here in Iowa, might have to look out for them. All we get is corn........lol mmmmmm roasted corn and cayen pepper and salt mix rubbed with lime sounds yummy.........

NitroWill
09-04-2007, 16:16
mmmm roaster corn is another of my favorites....arrrgh..

Harshal
09-04-2007, 16:25
Try this mix some cyan pepper (depending on how hot you can handle) and some salt per taste. Cut a like in 4 way like you do for corona and then using piece of lime rub that mix all over your corn and periodically squeez the lime around the corn.
It tastes really good...... I just roast my corn on the cook top (gas one).
yummmyyy.......

NitroWill
09-04-2007, 16:26
Try this mix some cyan pepper (depending on how hot you can handle) and some salt per taste. Cut a like in 4 way like you do for corona and then using piece of lime rub that mix all over your corn and periodically squeez the lime around the corn.
yummmyyy.......

That's a pretty standard recipe :) DO it all the time..Sometimes a little garlic powder too :smiley20:

CrzyJay456
09-04-2007, 16:33
explain this peanut thing to me please.
what is it? i saw something about green peanuts?? and you boil them?
hows that work? are they soft?

Harshal
09-04-2007, 16:38
yummmyyy.......

That's a pretty standard recipe :) DO it all the time..Sometimes a little garlic powder too :smiley20:

oohh, I didn't knew that, that was Indian recepie and my gf from Dallas, she had never tried it before so didn't knew if that was standard recepie.:smiley20:

NitroWill
09-04-2007, 16:39
explain this peanut thing to me please.
what is it? i saw something about green peanuts?? and you boil them?
hows that work? are they soft?

It's a southern thing..
You basically boil green raw in shell peanuts with some and sometimes other flavorings. They do become soft - but not mushy (if you do it right)

NitroWill
09-04-2007, 16:40
oohh, I didn't knew that, that was Indian recepie and my gf from Dallas, she had never tried it before so didn't knew if that was standard recepie.:smiley20:

A large majority of the big events that do corn usually flavor with 4 spices: salt+pepper+garlic powder+cayenne pepper and I know most of them use lime juice as well..I have even seen some that will roll the whole corn in lime juice (or use spritz bottle) before cooking..a big slab of butter is also good :)

quarrydiver
09-09-2007, 10:43
Had a friend from Texas, her family farmed peanuts so I got introduced to the boiled peanuts. Still prefer em roasted with salt.