PDA

View Full Version : Info on San Marco River anybody?

navychop
02-25-2010, 20:10
Looking to drift dive Sat Feb 27th, enter at the university just south of Aquarena Springs dive. Looking where to park for best exit point. Is it Rio Vista Dam 555 Cheatham Street?

We dive the springs, the Comal, Canyon Lake, Lake Travis. Looking for a new "adventure."

awap
02-25-2010, 20:19
Either of the parking areas just upstream on the damn and south of the river will do. I usually go it solo and have to do a good bit of walking so I just do shorter sections of river with a more thorough search. There will be lots of weedy areas including some that are almost too shallow to negotiate, but flow should be high so it won't be too bad. You can either go all the way down to the damn or look for the stairway exit after the large pool below the lower RR bridge. If you see a large turtle that looks like a snapper, it is.

Enjoy

navychop
02-25-2010, 20:51
Thank you sir. And also on getting my 71 vintage Scubapro R109 working a couple of years ago. You were a great help.

navychop
03-03-2010, 22:06
Did the dive, not bad. 2-10 foot depth. Entered at the University, exited at the Childrens Park (Rio Vista) just past the train tracks. Vis was good, current swift and now have 4 more pair of sunglasses- woo hoo.

Trunk_Monkey
03-04-2010, 18:51
Vis was good, current swift and now have 4 more pair of sunglasses- woo hoo.

Any good ones?

navychop
03-04-2010, 20:41
good enough to wear "tubing" and not care if they fall off. It is an aluminum and plastic mine in that river. Quite a bit of glass containers too. Is there a SM River cleanup?

awap
03-05-2010, 08:58
good enough to wear "tubing" and not care if they fall off. It is an aluminum and plastic mine in that river. Quite a bit of glass containers too. Is there a SM River cleanup?

Over the years, I have picked up a bunch of sunglass from the river including 3 pair of Oakleys.