PDA

View Full Version : Science

Largo
02-26-2010, 20:39
Why not add an area on the forum for science-related stuff?
I have two science questions.

1. Physicists have been able to capture neutrinos from the sun, but only 1/3 the number they expected. They have postulated that neutrinos phase in and out of existence in our dimension. If I'm misinterpreting this correctly, that means that there are at least three alternate dimensions in existence.

So, here is the question: If Leonard Nemoy is clean-shaven in this dimension, and has a goatee in the 'evil dimension' then what sort of facial hair does he wear in the third, and unexplored dimension?

2. If I owned an interstellar liveaboard dive boat, and I named it the "Lepton" would that be lame?

din
02-27-2010, 08:26

1. Physicists have been able to capture neutrinos from the sun, but only 1/3 the number they expected. They have postulated that neutrinos phase in and out of existence in our dimension. If I'm misinterpreting this correctly, that means that there are at least three alternate dimensions in existence.

So, here is the question: If Leonard Nemoy is clean-shaven in this dimension, and has a goatee in the 'evil dimension' then what sort of facial hair does he wear in the third, and unexplored dimension?

think rollie fingers.

2. If I owned an interstellar liveaboard dive boat, and I named it the "Lepton" would that be lame?

kind of.

navyhmc
02-27-2010, 08:36
1. I'm voting more for the Hasselhoff type hiar or maybe 70' big hair and mustache.

2. No, because even if interstellar travel was possible, 90% of the folks you run into would ask: "What's a Lepton?"

Largo
02-27-2010, 08:44
It would not be a cheap trip. For example; Air is a precious commodity in space. I'd probably have to stock and serve Perri-air. I think that I could bring in a week-trip to the Space-Bahamas for around one-million space bucks. Converted to dollars, that's about the cost of a week on the Nekton.

emclean
02-27-2010, 15:11
1. none
2. yes, but book me on a cruse anyway.

FishFood
02-27-2010, 16:39

I read this last night but figured that it being a Friday night, I just wasn't intoxicated enough to understand.

Remember, friends don't let freinds type drunk.

navyhmc
02-28-2010, 01:36
I would suggest "Dark Matter" sound more ominous.

Trunk_Monkey
02-28-2010, 07:11
It would not be a cheap trip. For example; Air is a precious commodity in space. I'd probably have to stock and serve Perri-air. I think that I could bring in a week-trip to the Space-Bahamas for around one-million space bucks. Converted to dollars, that's about the cost of a week on the Nekton.

-Mom, look! A Trekkie"

-That's nice Dear, just stay on this side of the street and don't stare......