PDA

View Full Version : Walking to school in the snow up hill both ways

ScubaToys Larry
07-12-2007, 22:05
Well, I'd say take their helmets, and smash the remotes with them, then burn a DVD of a test pattern and force them to watch it, cut the seat belts out of the car, and burn their trophies right after you spank them with them.

But tell them to skip the Cesa. Get them to look at their gauges instead.

Or maybe just wish you were born 25 years later... at times I do!

And you left out the part when walking through the snow, up hill both ways, you had shoes so thin you could step on a dime and tell if it was heads or tails.

przeor
07-13-2007, 04:54
don't forget rotary phones, phone booths, using a map that isn't online, taking a road trip and pulling into a room you have NOT reserved online. I too could go on and on....

cummings66
07-13-2007, 07:06
Best of all, don't forget the outhouses.

frankc420
07-13-2007, 07:41

Those wouldn't happen to be the times sexy women come into your shop would they? :)

torrey
07-13-2007, 12:06
Or heck...writing letters! And not getting a response for at least a couple of days, maybe even weeks.

Queen
07-13-2007, 12:17
No calculators, computers, cell phones, answering machines, blow dryers...life was soooooo hard!smileys/smiley19.gif

bmp51
07-13-2007, 16:53
at the risk of getting a groan from the "older" crowd... my grandmother (now 82) use to do the manual switching for phone calls she was "the operator" that would connect your call. she could do just at 1 call a second (raw switching when they were at their busiest). her 45 person team could handle around 2,000 calls per minute. (assuming they were all "pro" operators doing just routing \ switching no answering questions getting numbers etc.) working on a switch that took up most of a room.<?:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" />
Just 2 days agoI put a firewall in front of a new phone switch that uses VOIP. with 3 dedicated dark fiber lines, the phone switch is capable of around5,000 calls per minute (could be MUCH more but we didnít spend that much $$$). and the entire thing is about 1\2 the size of a fridge.

So while things have changed a lot since the days of actually cooking dinner, BetaMax, the "Arm" Seatbelt, and real sports, think of all the good thathas come from the"new age"...

Lighter more streamlined gear, greater diving depths,dive computers,bikini's... mini bikiniís..., ****** (nudge in the ribs for you old timers), ;)

so next time you get caught sounding like you father, remember you kids will gripe about how easy their kids have it,and you will either be dead,close to death, or living in the nursing home your kids picked out for you.

Ahh smell the bengayÖ.

ertechsg
07-13-2007, 17:27
Or heck...writing letters! And not getting a response for at least a couple of days, maybe even weeks. OMG NO IM how did we make it?

FishFood
07-13-2007, 19:45
They drove in carsstrapped into car seats.
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV>smileys/smiley5.gifThat's a bit young to be driving dont you think? smileys/smiley2.gif</DIV>
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV>http://www.carto&#111;nstock.com/newscarto&#111;ns/carto&#111;nists/gri/lowres/grin309l.jpg</DIV>

Jason
07-13-2007, 22:48
Anyone remember the days when you would beg and plead with your parents to stay outside another 5 minutes after the street lights would turn on? Boy things sure have changed. Nowadays, you have to convince a kid to drop the xbox controller and see what it looks like outside!

tedtim
07-13-2007, 23:24
And you left out the part when walking through the snow, up hill both ways, you had shoes so thin you could step on a dime and tell if it was heads or tails.

<DIV></DIV>
<DIV>Dad used to hitch a ride with the milkman on his horse drawnwagon (sled in the winter)</DIV> My Dad told me that they used to wait for the milk wagon to go by in winter so they could get a hockey puck. It was frozen horse poop.
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV>We were also so unfortunate that the wind changed direction during the day so that it was in our face both to and from school.</DIV>

RECDiver
07-18-2007, 22:30
Well, I'd say take their helmets, and smash the remotes with them, then burn a DVD of a test pattern and force them to watch it, cut the seat belts out of the car, and burn their trophies right after you spank them with them.

But tell them to skip the Cesa. Get them to look at their gauges instead.

<DIV></DIV>
<DIV>Shoes!? At least you had shoes! I could pick up the dimes and quarters with my toes!! Wait, my Dad used to tell me that. http://www.scubatoys.com/forum/smileys/smiley36.gif</DIV>

przeor
07-20-2007, 04:10
How about when kids were actaully afraid to get disciplined by their parents if they acted up - especially in public. Or when parents actually acted like parents anddisciplined their kids!

thesmoothdome
07-20-2007, 16:17
Remember when sports figures were role models? Even if they weren't really, we never saw their faults.