PDA

View Full Version : L.i & N.j.

Tom H
02-28-2010, 10:01
Anyone know of any shore dives in N.J./on L.I.? 10-20 feet--not open ocean surf. Thanks.

pwr2al4
07-19-2010, 01:45
yup, theres some good shore dives up in Bayville up on the North Shore of LI. Good spearfishing and bug hunting. Theres also some very cool wrecks close by, specifiically a pair of very cool WWI U-Boats that were scuttled about 100 ft. off the beach right by Walls Wharf Restaurant. There is also a Barge wreck as well, and the fishing and bugging can be great.

Its just about the calmest most easygoing dive you could imagine, nice cement 'gear table' that makes up the corner of the restaurant parking lot to get prepped, 20 foot walk to the water, and I once dove with a twin setup back in the day and could of honeslty taken a nap and woken up 2 hours later with anotherr 2 hours of bottom time, the wreck is honestly in about 18 feet of water depending on tides. No currents, no surf etc.

Just gotta be careful about parking, the locals aren't so apreciative and neither is the restaurant unless you get permission. Im out there almost eveyr weekend in season if your ever interested.

Rileybri
07-19-2010, 07:13
Li and Nj are not in the "North East" they are in the Tri-state/Mid Atlantic/Evil Empire region. LEave it to a bunch of dive bums from Tx to lump us all together. As to the OP I am sorry I dont have any info on the diving down there....

acamato
07-20-2010, 14:45
Capt. Dan Berg's FREE Online Beach Diving Guide for scuba divers. (http://www.aquaexplorers.com/beachdivingFreeGuide.htm)

Capt Dan Berg's Shore diving guide for LI & NJ

Rich Keller
11-04-2011, 14:18
Anyone know of any shore dives in N.J./on L.I.? 10-20 feet--not open ocean surf. Thanks.

The easiest site I know of that fits your needs is the west jetty at Montauk harbor. You can drive right up to the jetty and park in a public lot.

cgvmer
11-07-2011, 07:34
Tom (OP) when are you looking to dive local?