PDA

View Full Version : Oceanic Geo 2.0

bpadivers
03-01-2010, 18:09
I just got my Geo 2.0 in and WOW. It is a great looking computer, it has tons of features and it is perfect size to wear as a watch.

It came with a strap extender too in case you have a thick wetsuit.

I can't wait to try it out April 4!

mitsuguy
03-01-2010, 23:59
April!

You may have gotten yours before I get mine, but I'll bet I have 50 dives on mine before you dive yours!!! Mine and the wifey's were just ordered a day or two ago from Oceanic (we're a dealer)... Going to sell one of our current Geo's, and the other one is being relegated to backup duty, or, maybe we'll keep both Geo's and the Veo backup will be sold... who knows...

bpadivers
03-02-2010, 21:21
sweet, yea living on the island, wow, but hey, I can roll up my windows at night without them getting smashed.

bpadivers
03-02-2010, 21:21
and shipments from scubatoys get to me in like 2 days.

mitsuguy
03-03-2010, 04:52
sweet, yea living on the island, wow, but hey, I can roll up my windows at night without them getting smashed.

huh?

we don't even lock the doors to our houses here... just like everywhere, there are not so great parts and there are perfectly fine parts... we live in a great area where there is, for the most part, no crime... I've had cars broken into a couple times in the states, but here, I don't worry about any of that...

bpadivers
03-03-2010, 07:16
yea ive never been there, I had planned on transfering out there, and that was the advice I got, roll down your windows or they will break them to see whats inside. This was back in the late 90's.

I also heard the mail takes about 2 weeks to get to you. Again, this is back during dial up internet.

mitsuguy
03-06-2010, 22:34
yea ive never been there, I had planned on transfering out there, and that was the advice I got, roll down your windows or they will break them to see whats inside. This was back in the late 90's.

I also heard the mail takes about 2 weeks to get to you. Again, this is back during dial up internet.

the only theft issue we alert divers to is when you are shore diving, your car is completely alone, usually just off the side of a not-so-well traveled road... this is not a good place for a car, even in the states, so, we tell people to leave their valuables at the dive shop and just leave the windows down / doors unlocked... its not that it happens often, but if/when it does, it sucks...

standard first class mail takes 3-7 days, priority mail takes 3-4 days, typically...

Willar
04-01-2010, 21:51
Got my Geo 2.0 this week. It looks great! Larger than a normal watch makes the display easy to read while still being smaller than a full "puck" size. I had to read the manual but then figured out the menus just fine. I'll be in Cozumel next week on a cruise so I hope to give it a test dive!

BTW, ScubaToys was great to work with, gave me a great price and got it to me fast. Thanks Greg!

Willar
04-10-2010, 21:28
Back from Cozumel and 1 whole dive with my new Geo 2. We were on a cruise ship with kids and non-diving wife so I only got to do 1 shore dive at Chankanaab Park, but it was pretty good.

Anyway, the Geo 2 seems really nice. Easy to read underwater, easy to operate. My profile was very basic since I was diving with my kid for his first time so I am unable to comment on the conservative nature of the algorithm. Overall I was pleased with it and will be happy to make it my main wrist computer for limited outings and the backup to my Cobra for most diving.