PDA

View Full Version : Where Will Your Next Adventure Take You?

lucidblue
09-04-2007, 21:00
I spent the weekend sucked into this month's dive magazines and longing to go away on one of the vacations depicted on the beautiful pages throughout. The travel essays I've been reading about the Caribbean aren't helping either. So where are you going on your next dive vacation?

After going back and forth between many choices, I think I'd really like to go to Roatan next. Not sure when I'll get there, but I'd love to go in late January or early February if I can pull it off.

Illini_Fan
09-04-2007, 21:03
I love travel planning -- so right now I've got a liveaboard to the Bahamas lined-up for New Years. I have a tenative itinerary assembled for the Red Sea including a land tour of Cairo and Luxor next year (probably October). Hopefully I'll also get a quick run down to Coz, but getting to Coz from Dallas is really easy, so I don't put much effort into planning that.

2009 will most likely be the Galapagos and then hiking the Inca Trail -- at least that is the plan.

lucidblue
09-04-2007, 21:10
Travel planning is a lot of fun, definitely something I enjoy doing.

I wouldn't mind getting back to Cozumel next summer too, but I'd like to try a new location first.

Athena2c
09-04-2007, 21:25
Illini_Fan-We will be on the Caribbean Explorer in the Bahamas in early January. Where will you be?

lucidblue-We were in Roatan in May and it was AMAZING! I highly recommend it (and from what I have read, it should have weathered the Hurricane okay)

Illini_Fan
09-04-2007, 21:26
Caribbean Explorer as well -- the New Year's trip (12/29 - 01/05)

scuba Widow
09-04-2007, 21:27
Our next adventure will take us to Florida to visit the grandbaby.

RECDiver
09-04-2007, 21:38
We won't be going anywhere till next summer, more than likely. It depends on where the specials and inexpensive airfare will take us.

Athena2c
09-04-2007, 22:06
Illini-We'll just miss you, We'll be there on 1/12-1/19.

Illini_Fan
09-04-2007, 22:13

What do you hear in terms of water temp? I've read mid 70s or so and plan on bringing a 5mil, 3mil and a 3mil core warmer -- probably overkill, but I hate being cold.

Travelnsj
09-04-2007, 22:27
my next adventure will be Wakatobi and Bali....Went to Bali for 2 dive days last year really liked the diving....will be spending 4 days diving this time.....then to Wakatobi for 10 days....22 days to go.

Charlotte Smith
09-04-2007, 22:30
Cozumel or bahamas for us....

foo
09-04-2007, 23:26

What do you hear in terms of water temp? I've read mid 70s or so and plan on bringing a 5mil, 3mil and a 3mil core warmer -- probably overkill, but I hate being cold.

We went diving in the Bahamas in early February a few years ago, and I was sure wishing for that 5mm instead of the 3mm I was wearing. I don't think your plan is overkill at all, especially with the repetitive diving of a liveaboard. Be sure and bring a beanie or hood and gloves also.

mwhities
09-04-2007, 23:32
I'm going to my back yard next month. Going to go dive the Oriskany. ;)

Michael

SHAGGY
09-04-2007, 23:45
Me and my brother have booked a trip to Cozumel for the second week in November and I'm trying to finalize the plans for a trip to Puerto Rico in March for spring break. They will be my first blue water Scuba trips. I have snorkled in Belize, Cozumel, Grand Cayman and Jamaica, but never scuba. I'm pretty excited.

Zenagirl
09-05-2007, 07:23
Heading to Maui for Christmas for a week and Bonaire next July for 2 weeks! :D

deepdiver47
09-05-2007, 07:40
Travel planning, let's see here:

Key Largo: Nov 17-18 07, 4 dive checkout dives/stress management
Will try out new Ranger to Brigade upgrade and Apollo Bio fins

Bunaken Island (Two Fish Divers): late Feb/March 08(?): Looking forward to heading back to Indo (even though it is wet season). Need to do some wall and reef diving.

June 08: Not sure where, but I need to go diving. Chuuk maybe?

georoc01
09-05-2007, 08:13
Great Barrier Reef in December. I wanted to do the New Years trip, but by the time I was able to get approval, it was full!

gtjason2000
09-05-2007, 08:14
Heading to Belize for the New Years holiday but found after getting the tickets that I won't be able to dive on January 1st, woops. Trying to go to Tikal in Guatemala then but if dive shops are closed probably everything else is as well.

Capt Hook
09-05-2007, 08:20
Belize, IF we make it!

unclepooty
09-05-2007, 08:45
Leaving in the morning for family wedding in Cancun. I know its not viewed as a dive destination, but any opportunity to roll in is better than wishing. Planning on FL keys next spring/summer.

subsur
09-05-2007, 08:47
bonaire in November. after thet, there is a long list of places... well, if we decide to limit ourselves to Caribbean - then either Turks and Caicos Isls or Cayman Isls or Key West, Fla. Otherwise - French Polynesia

Stuspot
09-05-2007, 12:29
Bonaire in January is the next big trip to dive. It'll be my first experience with the warm water diving (although I've snorkeled on previous trips). I'm excited about all the cool dives there that I'm reading about!

scootermcfly
09-05-2007, 12:33
I am trying to put something together for the spring in Cozumel since I haven't been there yet.

Scooter McFly

Travelnsj
09-05-2007, 12:39
Bonaire in January is the next big trip to dive. It'll be my first experience with the warm water diving (although I've snorkeled on previous trips). I'm excited about all the cool dives there that I'm reading about!

Do Not do warm water.....you will be spoiled forever.....I know I am!

lucidblue
09-05-2007, 18:42
Travel planning, let's see here:

Key Largo: Nov 17-18 07, 4 dive checkout dives/stress management
Will try out new Ranger to Brigade upgrade and Apollo Bio fins

Bunaken Island (Two Fish Divers): late Feb/March 08(?): Looking forward to heading back to Indo (even though it is wet season). Need to do some wall and reef diving.

June 08: Not sure where, but I need to go diving. Chuuk maybe?

Now that's some serious vacation planning.

I'm jealous of everyone's definite diving plans, so many great destinations are on the horizon.

Aussie
09-05-2007, 19:17
Vanuatu in November to dive the SS Coolidge. GBR 7 day trip in April 08, on Spirit of Freedom.

Aussie

BuzzGA
09-05-2007, 19:50
Next adventure is Hawaii for a quick break and then off to the Keys (home) for a week over Christmas. Lots of nice diving with family and maybe a quick trip to Mexico for a weekend dive around Thanksgiving

quarkuud
09-07-2007, 04:56
Great Barrier Reef in three weeks, after a week around Atherton and Cape Tribulation. I'm looking forward to warmer than 14C waters and not wearing a 7mil wetsuit!

Next non-local dive trip after that will likely be Tasmania in January, unless I find a reasonable price out to Ningaloo Reef in November.

debbieb
09-07-2007, 08:18
Bonaire in November and then again in February too!

lucidblue
09-07-2007, 09:01
Clearly I need to start going away more often :smiley_scuba:.

dallasdivergirl
09-07-2007, 13:37
Bonaire in 4 weeks.

Hopefully Cocos Islands next year.

I would like to hit Coz some time soon.

Charles R
09-07-2007, 13:45
Kona for Christmas, Florida in Mid January, Turks & Caicos for June and where ever else I can convince my wife to Go!:smiley20:

Desert_Diver
09-07-2007, 21:28
I'm signed up for a Fiji trip in March (Matana Bay, Kadavu) and I'd like to do a Nekton Caribbean live aboard later in the year, finances allowing.

Art

rayandpam
09-08-2007, 23:30
Bonaire 5-13 Oct.,will be in Beaufort N.C. for Christmas but no diving planed, Cozumel in April 08 and somewhere in the Caribbean for July 08 (Bonaire, Roatan, ? )

bversteegh
09-09-2007, 02:08
Maui in January (daughters wedding); Phillipines in May for 2 weeks (digital shootout).

lucidblue
09-09-2007, 12:13
I think I might have to add Grenada to the list of possibilities for next year. Been reading up and it sounds wonderful.

WV Diver
09-09-2007, 12:30
Cozumel and Grand Cayman BABY, Yeah!

FyVe
09-09-2007, 20:12
i still have some stuff to check out in Key Largo :) i'm only about 40 minutes away so that's a plus.. everyone who's gone has loved it though.

chinacat46
09-13-2007, 10:19
Got two almost back to back trips planned. Leave Sept 30th for Australia. Will do a 3 day liveaboard out of Townsville Oct 2-5 doing the GBR with the last day on the Yongala wreck. Then doing the Spirit of Freedom Oct 8-15 out of Cairns for 7 days. Will visit the ribbon reefs and Osprey Reef in the coral sea. From Cairns I fly to PNG and get on the Star Dancer Oct 15-25 out of Kimbe Bay. Then I fly to Tawali Resort Oct 25-Nov 4 and dive Milne Bay. From there I make my way back thru Oz and fly to Christchurch, NZ. In NZ I will visit some friends in Nelson for a week and maybe do some diving out of Picton for a day or two. I get back to the states on Nov 19th. That is trip one. Then on Nov 24 I leave for about 3 weeks in Indonesia. I overnite in Bali on Nov 26 then travel to Wakatobi Nov 27-Dec 7. Return to Bali and overnite. Then Lembeh Resort Dec 8-15 diving the incredible Lembeh Strait. On the 15th I fly to Singapore and overnite before arriving home on Dec 16th.

Subaqua
09-13-2007, 10:36
Cozumel at beginning of 2008.

TRACI
09-13-2007, 10:37
Cozumel in January, Belize in the Fall 2008

Travelnsj
09-13-2007, 11:49
Got two almost back to back trips planned. Leave Sept 30th for Australia. Will do a 3 day liveaboard out of Townsville Oct 2-5 doing the GBR with the last day on the Yongala wreck. Then doing the Spirit of Freedom Oct 8-15 out of Cairns for 7 days. Will visit the ribbon reefs and Osprey Reef in the coral sea. From Cairns I fly to PNG and get on the Star Dancer Oct 15-25 out of Kimbe Bay. Then I fly to Tawali Resort Oct 25-Nov 4 and dive Milne Bay. From there I make my way back thru Oz and fly to Christchurch, NZ. In NZ I will visit some friends in Nelson for a week and maybe do some diving out of Picton for a day or two. I get back to the states on Nov 19th. That is trip one. Then on Nov 24 I leave for about 3 weeks in Indonesia. I overnite in Bali on Nov 26 then travel to Wakatobi Nov 27-Dec 7. Return to Bali and overnite. Then Lembeh Resort Dec 8-15 diving the incredible Lembeh Strait. On the 15th I fly to Singapore and overnite before arriving home on Dec 16th.

Sounds like you need a Job!.....LOL

Capt Hook
09-13-2007, 12:44
Change of plans, will be on Grand Bahama in Oct. for anniversary; sure to get in a few dives!

divingmedic
09-13-2007, 13:31
PR/St Croix 12-807 through 12-15-07, Looking to 08 maybe some wrecks off the Carolina coast.

tedtim
09-13-2007, 13:36
Thanks for the reminder.

I just looked at my countdown timer

Bonaire: 64 days, 15 hours 24 minutes

Two weeks of diving.

chinacat46
09-13-2007, 14:58

That's like the kettle calling the pot black.

Ajuva
09-13-2007, 15:41
Came back from the south of Dominican Republic 3 weeks ago and head out to the North (Sosua) in 4 weeks.

I know a lot of you guys dont rate it but I have a ball every time I go back.

Off to St Abbs at the weekend which has just been voted into the top ten dive sites in the UK.

Booked up for the Scapa Flow trip in april next year (German first world war fleet scuttled off Orkney) and hopefully going to the bahamas July 08.

Woo Hoo!!!!!

Bill22
09-13-2007, 19:12
Next trip will be an overnight trip to Izu 29-30 September.

After that I'll be headed to the Philippines on October 23rd. Starting with Malapascua for 11 days of diving. Thresher Sharks and Manta's are the big draws there, but there is plenty of other stuff to see :-) Then fly to Manila. Planning at least one maybe two days of diving in Subic Bay (some good wrecks there) another day for sightseeing and then back to Japan on November 9th. I should log somewhere between 40-50 dives in two weeks :-)

CaribbeanDiver
09-13-2007, 19:28
back to Roatan at the Bay Island Beach Resort Oct 27 through Nov 4; Then Bonaire Jan 4 through Jan 12, 2008. I dont know where I am going next but I know I will need a warm water fix by early spring.

Travelnsj
09-13-2007, 20:05
back to Roatan at the Bay Island Beach Resort Oct 27 through Nov 4; Then Bonaire Jan 4 through Jan 12, 2008. I dont know where I am going next but I know I will need a warm water fix by early spring.

Go to Palau:smiley20:

Buc Chick
09-13-2007, 20:19
Just got back from Bonaire last month and already planning the next trip back. I want to enjoy the island as much as I can before all the cruise ships ruin it.
Hoping to go to Ginnie Springs next month.

lucidblue
09-13-2007, 20:56

Now that's one way to plan a trip!:eek2:

coralcrazed
09-13-2007, 21:15
my next trip will be the best one ever... Its free. Due you hurricane guarantee BOO YAH

Travelnsj
09-14-2007, 00:06

After that I'll be headed to the Philippines on October 23rd. Starting with Malapascua for 11 days of diving. Thresher Sharks and Manta's are the big draws there, but there is plenty of other stuff to see :-) Then fly to Manila. Planning at least one maybe two days of diving in Subic Bay (some good wrecks there) another day for sightseeing and then back to Japan on November 9th. I should log somewhere between 40-50 dives in two weeks :-)

Bill.....very interested in your trip report.....been thinking of going there for the last year.

FastPirate
09-14-2007, 00:11
either the phillipines or kenya

Bill22
09-14-2007, 12:42

Bill.....very interested in your trip report.....been thinking of going there for the last year.

I'll have a complete trip report and photo's when I get back... I'm still researching the Subic Bay portion of the trip. I could decide to go to Puerto Galera again instead. That part is still up in the air. The Malapascua portion is pretty much set.

Bill22
09-14-2007, 12:53
Just got back from Bonaire last month and already planning the next trip back. I want to enjoy the island as much as I can before all the cruise ships ruin it.
Hoping to go to Ginnie Springs next month.

I enjoyed Ginnie Springs. Haven't been there in many years, but it was a nice place back then. I'm sure it's even better now :-)

BobArnold8265
09-14-2007, 13:52
Our next trip is to our all time favorite island, Bonaire. It's just 1 week away !!!!!

scubasavvy
09-14-2007, 14:02
My next adventure will hopefully take me somewhere warm. I'm thinking either Mexico or the Keys...

sudnit5
09-14-2007, 19:00
I have been to Ginnie Springs, it is nice there.

Travelnsj
09-14-2007, 19:33

That's like the kettle calling the pot black.
You know for the last year or so.....you have been on me about going to Wakatobi....why are we not diving together?

jwdizney
09-14-2007, 20:43
DISNEYMOM, Disney-daughter, and I are going to take our first ever "dive" trip together next month... no big Caribbean destinations.. but it's going to be fun for us! We're going to Tampa and the Crystal River to snorkel with the manatees, then to Disney World and do the EPCOT Dive Quest in the Living Seas aquarium.....!

tedwhiteva
09-14-2007, 21:17
Next trip - Starting Cave training in FL in October

scubabirdie
09-14-2007, 22:28
Off to Turks and Caicos in January onboard the Aggressor. Then in June, we are starting at the Pitons in St. Lucia and will sail down through St. Vincent and the Grenadines; dropping anchor wherever the crew suggests or the setting sun dictates. If anyone has any suggested dives sites along this route, let me know. This will be our second sailing with this boat and crew, we sailed through the BVI this past June with them and it was our best vacation to date. Whatever dive we wanted to do at whatever time, the crew was always more than happy to oblige.

thesmoothdome
09-14-2007, 23:24
DISNEYMOM, Disney-daughter, and I are going to take our first ever "dive" trip together next month... no big Caribbean destinations.. but it's going to be fun for us! We're going to Tampa and the Crystal River to snorkel with the manatees, then to Disney World and do the EPCOT Dive Quest in the Living Seas aquarium.....!

Always wanted to swim with mantees. Hope it's as great as I always imagined it would be!

Epcot is a lot of fun. Swimming around a fish tank might not sound great to hard core divers, but it's an experience that few get to have. I thorougly enjoyed it. Have fun.

shari75202
09-15-2007, 01:57
Going to Oahu, Kauai and the Big Island next month. It will be my first "official" dive after getting certified!!!

creggur
09-15-2007, 09:01
West Palm in October, and then Jamaica, Grand Cayman, and Cozumel, in February..

lucidblue
09-15-2007, 09:23
The variation in destinations is really amazing. Imagine if everyone did a detailed trip report when they got back... the forum would have a library of very current, varied, first-hand destination/dive information! So will everyone do it? I'd love not to have to go to SB every time I wanted to research a trip.

namabiru
09-15-2007, 09:47
My local spot will become the Persian Gulf very soon, although I'm hoping for my next 'exotic' destination will be the Red Sea. Either that or I'll go over to Thailand/Malaysia.

In the next year, I'm hoping to get back to the Philippines and perhaps add in an Okinawa stop. If I get to the Philippines, I'd feel bad if I were that close and didn't call into Japan as well. I can go from Oita to Naha in an hour, and cheaply if I catch reduced fares. We'll see, though. First step is ensuring nothing goes wrong on arrival and I get to stay on in Doha.

mlsm72
09-16-2007, 13:16
Coz in December with my brother

shanenurse
09-16-2007, 14:59
Bali in October 11-17, then getting married at the Four Seasons there Jimbaran Bay. Guess this will be my first big scuba adventure, and probably my most memorable. ( yes, dear - the wedding part I meant!)

dludwig
09-16-2007, 16:14
Mermet Springs Sept 29 & 30 :smiley36:

Maui Diver
09-17-2007, 22:46
My husband, myself and my 14 y.o. stepdaughter will be going to Maui in November where the daughter will be doing her open water referral dives! She's so stoked! And yes, we are too. We always go with Lahaina Divers...great place. Then the BIGGIE is to Wakatobi in February. Can't wait!! That will be my first "real" dive trip. We do Maui a couple times a year, but can't wait to go somewhere differnt and see and encounter different stuff.

frrdiver
09-18-2007, 19:09
Well I'm doing a lot of Local Dives, This summer I visited St. Croix but for next year I already booked Galapagos and for 2009 I'm planning on Indonesia (maybe Wakatobi or the Pelagian).

SYOTABUCS
09-18-2007, 20:15
Cozumel for Christmas. 3rd trip this year. We are hooked. Sure we will hit Coz. next year also but trying to decide between Belize, Roatan or Bonaire for another trip next year.

vel525
09-19-2007, 12:22
Just got back from La Paz and am planning a trip aboard the Juliet in November. Not sure where I'm going next year.....hmmmm, so many choices. :D

peteg
09-19-2007, 14:36
We are thinking the Florida Keys in the next month or two to get some more dive experience in, hopefully on the cheap...Maybe with our own gear this time???? And then Australia (Brisbane) for work could be a strong possibility in December.

DUnder
09-19-2007, 15:07
I would love to go to Rotan, but I think realistically I will go to Cozumel it has more options for my non diving wife

flatpoint
09-20-2007, 09:32
Saba is our next destination, Feb. If you want to go further, I can recommend Beqa Lagoon in Fiji, Truk Odyssey and if you are flying that far, combine it with Yap, Manta Ray is a great place to stay and dive with.

Charlotte Smith
09-20-2007, 10:07
We are going to coz the week before Christmas.....Can't wait!

lucidblue
09-24-2007, 18:43
Bali in October 11-17, then getting married at the Four Seasons there Jimbaran Bay. Guess this will be my first big scuba adventure, and probably my most memorable. ( yes, dear - the wedding part I meant!)

Congratulations! Looks like a beautiful resort. Great location for a wedding and diving. It will definitely be memorable.

ccarter
09-25-2007, 09:40
Cayman Islands in about 6 weeks.. :smiley20:

Travelnsj
09-25-2007, 09:46
Bali and Wakatobi in a few hours:smiley20:

chinacat46
09-25-2007, 10:00
Have a great trip Scott and don't get to cold in that water. :-)

cwindrim
09-25-2007, 10:07
I'm excited to be heading to the Kona side of the Big Island of Hawaii in January. We're staying on the Kohala coast for ten days and hope to get at least a few dives in along side our trips to Mauna Kea, the coffee plantations, etc.

Gotta be careful about diving and then heading up to 14,000 feet, now that I think about it!

:smiley5:

Travelnsj
09-25-2007, 11:04
Have a great trip Scott and don't get to cold in that water. :-)

That water will be 82!!!.....by the time you get there this winter it should be cool enough for for your 3mm full wetsuit...LOL

chinacat46
09-25-2007, 11:11
In your dreams it will be 82. When I was in Wakatobi in sept of 04 it was 79. Maybe you will see 81 probably 80. When I'm there in Nov-Dec it will be 81-82 :-).

Travelnsj
09-25-2007, 11:32
In your dreams it will be 82. When I was in Wakatobi in sept of 04 it was 79. Maybe you will see 81 probably 80. When I'm there in Nov-Dec it will be 81-82 :-).

That water will be 82...that water will be 82....that water will be 82...power of positive thinking.....LOL....I have my 2mm vest to go over my Shorty!

caroln
09-25-2007, 15:30
My next trip will be to Florida next month for a weekend, then hopefully Florida again to do cavern training.

whse56
09-27-2007, 12:44
Going the first week in Nov. First time, everyone says it's fantastic.

Charlotte Smith
09-27-2007, 13:20
Cozumel the week before Christmas......

ccarter
09-27-2007, 13:54
Going the first week in Nov. First time, everyone says it's fantastic.
I'll be there the second week of November!

Did Bonaire last year and it was great!

charlesml3
09-28-2007, 08:14
December 1 - Palau onboard the Aggressor for a week.

A week in Yap afterwards at the Manta Ray Bay. Back mid December

April 12 - A week in Roatan at the Cocoview.

August - Cozumel for a week. Probably early August.

ccarter
09-28-2007, 08:18
December 1 - Palau onboard the Aggressor for a week.

A week in Yap afterwards at the Manta Ray Bay. Back mid December

April 12 - A week in Roatan at the Cocoview.

August - Cozumel for a week. Probably early August.
Wow.. Lots of tropics diving for you!

diverdan
09-28-2007, 09:16
I like the Roatan trip idea. I was in St. John earlier this year and met a couple from Houston. They said CoCo View resort was great. Gonna try a 2wk dive trip in March. 1 wk in Roatan on the way back 1wk in Belize. I have not been to either place. So I'm hoping for some really cool dives.

High Plains Drifter
09-28-2007, 11:19
Cayman Islands in about 6 weeks.. :smiley20:

Be sure to give a report. We hit Grand Cayman (Cobalt Coast Resort & Dive Tech) in late January.

charlesml3
09-28-2007, 11:46
Wow.. Lots of tropics diving for you!

Oh yea. I've been to Cozumel 8 times in the last 4 years. My idea of diving is warm, clear and tropical. I don't do quarries and I don't do lakes. Sorry, but when everything is an even shade of brown it fails to excite me. Same goes for most any dive where the visibility is less than 60' or so.

After Cozumel in August I don't have any solid plans. There are hints of Fiji in December of 08...

-Charles

ccarter
09-28-2007, 13:57
Wow.. Lots of tropics diving for you!Oh yea. I've been to Cozumel 8 times in the last 4 years. My idea of diving is warm, clear and tropical. I don't do quarries and I don't do lakes. Sorry, but when everything is an even shade of brown it fails to excite me. Same goes for most any dive where the visibility is less than 60' or so.

After Cozumel in August I don't have any solid plans. There are hints of Fiji in December of 08...

-Charles

Oh I agree.. the only time I hop in the quarry is right before a dive trip and I've bought some new stuff I need to test out.. I usually only manage to get one good dive trip in a year.. maybe some Florida dives in the summer.

caroln
09-28-2007, 14:40
Oh I agree.. the only time I hop in the quarry is right before a dive trip and I've bought some new stuff I need to test out.. I usually only manage to get one good dive trip in a year.. maybe some Florida dives in the summer.

The Quarr-ibbean is better then not diving at all if you don't live in a tropical locale :) I'd certainly prefer nothing but clear warm water, but living in the northeast, you have to make the best of what's local. That being said, give me Cozumel anyday. I can't wait to go back!

My next trip was going to be back to Belize, but I have changed plans and it will now be down to FL for some cave training.

charlesml3
09-28-2007, 15:28
I live in central North Carolina and I don't even dive here. By the time I drive down to the coast, pay for a hotel room and go on a dive, I'm in for $200. That's an entire day down in Cozumel.

Plus I got tired of the two hour boat rides out off of NC. Then there's the dive that cancelled an hour before you're supposed to leave the dock. Then there's the 10' visibility...

I just prefer to save up my money and dive somewhere good.

-Charles

chuckm
09-29-2007, 08:09
Leaving in about 2 weeks for Palau for Aggressor trip. After being home for a week we head to Galapagos for another Aggressor trip. Two "trip of a liftetime" within a month !!

Free2air
09-29-2007, 08:50
San Andres Island this fall and Cayo Largo or Roatan in the spring...

BouzoukiJoe A.K.A. wrecker130 AKA Chuck Norris AKA joeforbroke (banned)
10-02-2007, 12:39
Greece in the summer. Until then NC wreck diving and some local quarries.

MSilvia
10-02-2007, 12:45
No travel plans in the near future, but I just bought a house in the coastal MA town where I grew up, and I'm looking forward to a lot of local diving next year. With as many as 130 shipwrecks having happened within a few miles of home, and no charter boats running to them on a regular basis, I think I'll be content not to travel for a while. :)

jmb
10-02-2007, 13:16
Off to Mexico next week for a day each of diving Cozumel, cenotes and near Playa Del Carmen/Akumal !

Cissycox
10-02-2007, 17:45
I have booked my 6th trip to Cocoview Resort on Roatan and I am just as excited about #6 as I was the fist time I went back in the 90s.

It is truly a divers dream and you can do as much or little as you like. I love the food and the staff is top notch. You will NEVER find better dive masters in the whole Caribbean.

I will be heading to Coz with my
sweetie in december and it will be trip #4
I stay at Casa Del Mar ( I am on a budget):smiley36:
and I use DIVE with MARTIN as my operator right down the street from the hotel. They are great with small
6 pack boats and very big on safety.:smiley20:

scubajane
10-03-2007, 07:35
our next dive trip will likely be in Hawaii. any suggestions for where to dive?

highdesert
10-03-2007, 07:40
Wakatobi in nine days !!!!!!!!!! Then probably Florida in the spring, where we can stay with relatives (save some $$$), maybe Bonaire in the fall, and Palau or Cocos in '08.

Travelnsj
10-03-2007, 08:22
Wakatobi in nine days !!!!!!!!!! Then probably Florida in the spring, where we can stay with relatives (save some $$$), maybe Bonaire in the fall, and Palau or Cocos in '08.

In Wakatobi now....did my first three dives today....make sure you stop off in Bali for some diving well worth it...just did 4 days there....and go to Palau...the best in my book.

SYOTABUCS
10-04-2007, 14:32
We are thinking the Florida Keys in the next month or two to get some more dive experience in, hopefully on the cheap...Maybe with our own gear this time???? And then Australia (Brisbane) for work could be a strong possibility in December.

You can dive in Cozumel about as cheaply as Key Largo. Maybe even less from Texas. Food is cheaper. Rooms are about the same. And cost of dives are about the same. Shop around both places. If you go to Key Largo, try Silent World. They can take care of everything. Take a look at their 3 and 5 dive package deal. Tell them Randy and Angie said hey.

Even though it is drift diving in Coz. it is still easy. In fact the boat follows you instead on you having to find your waqy back to the boat. And there is a DM in the water with you in Coz. In KL, you are on your on.

Don't get me wrong, we love KL as well.

As for getting your on gear. My suggestion is to do it. We did it after about 10 dives. It will pay for itself after a while.

Have fun.

Frank the Tank
10-04-2007, 16:04
Australia diving the great barrier reef for my first time in late November. Cant wait!

TCB
10-04-2007, 18:45
We're currently planning a trip to Turneffe Island Lodge in Belize for April or May of '08.

angelofglenn
10-06-2007, 15:03
I am so totally jealous.......just be safe and take lots of pictures.

Lore

RoadRacer1978
10-06-2007, 17:44
Planning on Dominica or Hawaii in a couple years. Haven't completely decided yet.

scubajane
10-06-2007, 19:21
take me with you anybody

Kokomo
10-06-2007, 19:33

Are you planning in diving in Greece?

Kokomo
10-06-2007, 19:35
Cruise to Grand Cayman and Cozumel in February. Husband told me he would take me anywhere I want to go for our anniversary in 2009. I have until Christmas to decide. Suggestions anyone?

cutter77
10-07-2007, 21:21
.....I think it's probably about time I tried my backyard.......Flower Gardens.

Scuba Nymph
10-07-2007, 21:56
I'm planning a Christmas trip to the Bahamas. I'd love to do a shark feeding dive!

datamunk
10-07-2007, 21:56
im goin to paradise springs this sunday with some friends! wooo!!!!1

Scubastud16
10-07-2007, 23:02
Paradise this Sunday with ^^^

Tropic diving? I'll be in Grand Cayman and Coz over New Years on a cruise. Can't WAIT!

datamunk
10-07-2007, 23:09
awesome danny. we need to roadtrip to west palm/jupiter and can chill at my dads some weekend and do some divin down there...

kyfriedchipper
10-09-2007, 00:31
Curacao for 16 days. Marriott Casino & Resort. Boat and shorediving w/ www.caribseasports.com (http://www.caribseasports.com). Anyone been diving with them before?

Aussie
10-09-2007, 06:38
I am off to Vanuatu in the South Pacific next month to dive the SS Coolidge. Diving with Alan Power (http://www.allan-power-santo.com/) and staying at the Aore Resort (http://www.aoreresort.com/).

Hopefully I will get alot of deep wreck dives in as well as some muck dives with the Camera.

Aussie

Chocoholic
10-27-2007, 15:31
Cabo for Thanksgiving, I can hardly wait! Then we will go somewhere in Jan/Feb 08 considering Belize. Then Grand Cayman in April 08... oh yeah! Now I just have to figure out how to keep my hubby busy so I can dive, dive, dive.

gibson1525
10-27-2007, 17:00
12/13-12/22-Dominica
12/22-12/29-San Salvador, Bahamas-hopefully we'll get to see those hammerheads
12/29-1/5-Bonaire with the family
1/5-1/9-Camping on the beach in St. John
1/9-1/13-Tortola-we're capping the month long excursion with a weekend in tortola with some nondiving friends.

I Can't Wait!!!

chace_nicole
10-27-2007, 17:14
Cozumel Dec 16-23! Can't wait, decided to use Dive with Martin, based off nice reviews on & off this forum.

scubastacey
10-28-2007, 19:42
Roatan in the spring most likley...we were also thinking about the Keys. Can't wait to dive again!

bubble-head
10-28-2007, 19:51
We'll probably hit the Keys. I've never dove there and would like to in the near future. My wife doesn't like to fly, so it'll probably be a long drive down from VA.

Travelnsj
10-28-2007, 22:11
In December and January....Raja Ampat and Lembeh Straits....they say some of the best diving in the world.

texarkandy
10-28-2007, 22:29
Key Largo - Thanksgiving week

bversteegh
10-28-2007, 23:23
Lembeh Straits and then a LA in Raja Ampat in April. Been way tooooo long............Had to cancel my Phillipines trip in May.

lovesmexico615
10-29-2007, 20:08
Back to Playa del Carmen at the end of November... I can't wait!

BuzzF117
10-29-2007, 20:10
Most likely a midwest quarry dive either Haigh or White Star not sure were LDS is going but I will go with them they are a pretty fun group and they know the best places to stop and eat at after the dive!

BouzoukiJoe A.K.A. wrecker130 AKA Chuck Norris AKA joeforbroke (banned)
10-29-2007, 20:31

Are you planning in diving in Greece?

Yes. I have family in Athens and on Aegina. I know there a lot of restrictions, so I haven't decided where I'm diving, but there is no way I will go to the mediterranean and not dive some.

reeldive
10-29-2007, 21:23
Belize! Jan19-26 with Nekton. Maybe Salt Cay TCI next month if I can swing it. Looks like TS Noel missed it for the most part. Haiti usually breaks the storms up befor they get into that area. Inagua, Bahamas and San Salvador probably took the brunt of what was left after it crosed Hispanola.

lucidblue
10-30-2007, 13:25
I think 3rdEye and I have finally narrowed it down to Roatan. Planning to go late January or early February. Still trying to choose which resort. After a lot of research, I think we've narrowed it down to Bay Islands Beach Resort or Anthony's Key Resort. BIBR sounds more quaint and seems like we'll have a more personalized experience.

Scubakraut
10-30-2007, 15:25
Thanksgiving - Roatan
Next year off on a RTW Scuba trip.

lucidblue
10-30-2007, 16:15
Thanksgiving - Roatan

Hope you can post a trip report for the Roatan trip, will help with my planning.

texdiveguy
10-30-2007, 16:29
Hmmmmm...... next summer 08' will be in WI. diving aka The Great Lakes and a few not so great if time allows.....then if plans 'work out' hope to continue north-east and dive the Empress of Ireland...I have some work ahead of me in terms of stamina training for that Canadian venture. A lot of diving though between now and then!!!

Empress of Ireland (http://www.sea-viewdiving.com/shipwreck_info/empress_of_ireland1.htm)

tarheeldiver
10-30-2007, 18:17
Utila in May taking suggestions for October?

lucidblue
10-30-2007, 19:05
Just a friendly reminder that it would be fantastic to see trip reports from everyone on this thread. Imagine the library of new destination info we'll have it that happens.

Probably would be a good idea to the name the threads so it's easy to know it's a trip report. Maybe something like "Trip Report: Destination, Date".

:fulle:

Sansho
10-30-2007, 20:56
Key Largo, FL in February

TX1Chica
10-31-2007, 09:22
Just booked a trip to Cozumel in Jan:) Going with at 10 other people.

Sand Castle
11-01-2007, 14:34
I am going to Cozumel in 34 days, not that I am counting. This will be my first tropical dive. I hope it does not put me off cold water diving because that is what got me hooked.

UCFKnightDiver
11-01-2007, 14:38
I will probably be going to key largo soon. and costa rica next summer

BobArnold8265
11-01-2007, 14:49
We're heading back to Bonaire in February !!! Already counting down the days.

kyfriedchipper
11-01-2007, 15:35
Curacao for 16 days

Scubakraut
11-01-2007, 16:22
Thanksgiving - Roatan

Hope you can post a trip report for the Roatan trip, will help with my planning.

I'll do that.

Scubakraut
11-01-2007, 16:27
Just a friendly reminder that it would be fantastic to see trip reports from everyone on this thread. Imagine the library of new destination info we'll have it that happens.

Probably would be a good idea to the name the threads so it's easy to know it's a trip report. Maybe something like "Trip Report: Destination, Date".

:fulle:

That's a great idea and you may just see my Roatan trip report there. Or you'll read about it on my travel blog.

Aussie
11-01-2007, 16:34
I am off to Santo, Vanuatu in 2 weeks to do some diving on the SS President Coolidge with Alan Power (Allan Power Dive Tours, Vanuatu (http://www.allan-power-santo.com/)).

Will post trip report and take many many photos.

Aussie

Travelnsj
11-01-2007, 21:19
I am going to Cozumel in 34 days, not that I am counting. This will be my first tropical dive. I hope it does not put me off cold water diving because that is what got me hooked.

Cancel your trip!!!!.....every since I hit the 82 degree waters of Palau 8 years ago....never have worn anything besides a 1mm shorty.....my toes have not been CA water since.

imfreeagle
11-01-2007, 22:36
Going on cruise in Feb 2008 to Caribbean, Going to Dive Ft Lauderdale,Grand Caymon, & Cozumel

H20newbie
11-06-2007, 08:34
We have been invited to visit friends in Fort Lauderdale for Xmas and our 17 yr old daughter doesn't want to go! She is a non diver and has no interest in learning at this point. Wahhh! But...we will be going to Roatan with a dive group of twenty in Feb..so I guess I will have to retire my gear for a bit. Getting a little chilly for me to continue here without a dry suit ( next purchase ST!) low 50's.

lyonsce
11-06-2007, 10:44
Next May, on the Nekton Rorqual on the Cay Sal Bank trip. Did the Nekton Cayman this year and liked it so much, wanted to do it again.

lucidblue
11-08-2007, 15:57
3rdEye and I are going to Roatan Feb 2-9. Staying at Bay Islands Beach Resort. Can't wait!

Skinsfan1311
11-09-2007, 13:04
Snowboarding at Lake Tahoe in February!!!!

Oh...this is a SCUBA board. :ponder:

Grand Cayman in June......and, (hopefully, maybe!), Bonaire in April.......

Cojrock
11-09-2007, 16:23
My next trip will be a a short 2 hour drive north to kaikoura for some crayfish and seal action. Solo shore dives as usual then go to the backpackers to find some people to share my catch with.

lucidblue
11-09-2007, 23:44
Snowboarding at Lake Tahoe in February!!!!

Oh...this is a SCUBA board. :ponder:

Grand Cayman in June......and, (hopefully, maybe!), Bonaire in April.......

Snow sports are acceptable too. I need to go on a ski trip sometime soon, haven't been on one of those in awhile. Suffering on the local ice mountains instead...

Cheddarchick
11-10-2007, 06:19
Curacao for 16 days. Marriott Casino & Resort. Boat and shorediving w/ Curacao dive operator Caribbean Sea Sports Curacao - scuba diving, dive shop and boat trips (http://www.caribseasports.com). Anyone been diving with them before?

You will love them. The diving is great, and Big Tom runs and excellent shop. The Marriott is so beautiful..... what are your dates????
We will be there on Feb 6-16th. Maybe we can hook up!!!

Aussie
11-10-2007, 06:39
I havnt even seen snow......so snow trips rule me out. I have 8 days to Vanuatu and wreck diving.

Aussie

From_Arizona
11-23-2007, 17:00
We leave December 15 for a vacation to Barbados and the Grendaine Islands...skipping St Vincent.

We will be on a catamaran sail through the Grenadine Islands and should have 3 or so opportunities to dive, then return to Barbados for a few days of diving before having to head back home. We may squeeze in an additonal dive on the island of Bequia if we can drop our luggage at the sail company upon arival.

We will dive again next summer from the Cancun area...maybe get up enough courage to do some local lake diving at Lake Pleasant AZ too- brrrr!

lemonquist
11-23-2007, 18:33
Boracay in the PI for Christmas. My whole extended family is going and my immediate family is going diving. It's going to be a blast. I've never gone diving with my sister, because she's off in college and I only recently got certified.

kev99
11-23-2007, 20:21
Wife and I are heading to Grand Cayman December 14. FIrst time there, second time diving in the caribbean. Ahhh, warm water, not cold quarry water!

wheelman
11-23-2007, 20:25
Already booked for Coz in Jan.... I'm ready for some warm water.

gbrdiver
11-24-2007, 05:52
I have booked in for the Wrexpedition in Palau, June 2008

scubajane
12-04-2007, 18:41
we are going to Maui march 2008 and then June 2008 to florida sea base to try to drown some boy scouts.....oops wrong verb. edit...to florida sea base to take some boy scouts diving...yay. diving in warm water

divingchef
12-04-2007, 18:44
Everyday living in Baja Cali Sur is an adventure.....but we´re planning on january in Riviera Maya!

moodymermaid
12-05-2007, 09:46
Bay Islands in January -
It's a new one for me!

Defman
12-05-2007, 10:41
I'm in the early planning stages of a trip to Bonaire April 11-18, 2008. I've got all of the data I need I think, just gotta lay down the $$$$

ScubaJW
12-05-2007, 12:45
Probably Bonaire, for the 3rd time in summer 2008. We haven't decuss anywhere else except that precious little island. :)

Carlitoboy
12-05-2007, 12:58
COZUMEL BABY!!! one more week... Dec 13 to 20 y'allz! Maybe I'll see you out there chace_nicole!

bubbletrubble
12-05-2007, 13:25
Already booked for Bonaire -- the week before Christmas. This will be my 2nd time there. Looking forward to it...

Diver Kat
12-05-2007, 13:45
I can't survive if we don't have a couple of trips already mapped out & booked, and then planning way ahead usually saves us some bucks .... so 2008 is already full! March is Cozumel, end of June/early July is Florida Keys and December is an Eastern Caribbean cruise so we can hit a few new dive spots ..... so now I guess I need to start looking a deals for '09!

clayton
12-05-2007, 19:09
going to Roatan for first time Feb 22nd 08

fisheater
12-05-2007, 20:26
Haven't finished my OW cert. class (Monterey), but I've already booked my AOW - in Kauai! Can hardly wait.

Scout
12-07-2007, 09:40
Heading to Belize the day after Christmas with the family! We'll be diving Glover's Reef for half the week. I'm ready to go NOW!!! ....Or, as soon as my ST order arrives in the mail, whichever is sooner.

FOUNDATIONER
12-07-2007, 18:27
8 weeks to Ramon's on Ambergris:smiley20:

tarheeldiver
12-07-2007, 19:20
Utila in May and just added Kona in October. Its going to be a long winter.

Navy OnStar
12-07-2007, 20:01
St. Lucia in april for a second honeymoon!

Scubadew
12-08-2007, 09:51
Florida Keys December 20 - 22nd.

Fiji for two weeks in Jan

Galapagos for 10 days in June

Cozumel/Holbox (for whalesharks!!!) July or August

All diving in 2007 was local (So. Florida), in anticipation of the trips in 2008, so very ready for the big trips!!!

Debbie

Sansho
12-08-2007, 10:44

All diving in 2007 was local (So. Florida), in anticipation of the trips in 2008, so very ready for the big trips!!!

Debbie

Good planning on your part - looks like a great 2008!

scubamike
12-08-2007, 19:33

Debbie

FEEEEEEEEELLLLLLLLLLLLL MY ENNNNNNNNNNNNNVVVVVVVVYYYYYYYYYYY

:smiley11:

Daved
12-08-2007, 19:36
Bonaire Feb 1-16th 55 more sleeps!

WV Diver
12-08-2007, 19:48
Coz and Caymans in Feb 08 and Hawaii in 09. Oh yeah.

emcbride81
12-08-2007, 20:41
Looks like we are headed to Playa Del Carmen Jan 27

Travelnsj
12-08-2007, 21:38
Raja Ampat and Lembeh Straits in two weeks for 3 weeks.

Layang Layang in April.....

Trying the Caribbean one more time....Little Cayman in June.

Maybe Christmas Island (Kiribati) in September

Palau in November

Perhaps Fiji December/January

abcitydiver
12-09-2007, 01:15
Coz-
Feb 9-19th

azdiver
12-09-2007, 18:41
bonaire from june 21-28. staying at divi doing 2 boat dives/day and unlimited shore diving. have two more rooms available if anyone wants to join us. email for info if interested.

akbpilot
12-10-2007, 01:05
Cozumel last week of Feb., 1st week of March. This will be our 4th trip to Cozumel, 5th to the Yucatan. Hope to do a week in Bonaire next year, as well as our annual trip to Coz.

Scubastud16
12-10-2007, 01:13
GC and Coz on a cruise in 3 weeks.

Hawaii in June '08.

Danny

WV Diver
12-10-2007, 05:46
Looks like we are headed to Playa Del Carmen Jan 27Wow, that's what I call planning ahead. :smiley2::smiley36: Can you book that far in advance or is it that expensive that you need to start saving now?:smiley9:

Just giving you a hard time Eric. :smiley36:

adv_diver1
12-10-2007, 09:57
Cooper River Fossil Dive in April/May 2008.

Don't worry - Them GATORS are harmless! LOL!!

loudgonzo
12-10-2007, 09:58
Puerto Rico Jan 6th.

azdiver
12-10-2007, 18:20
Anybody want to go to Fiji in the summer of 2009! :-)

Mycroft
12-10-2007, 19:59
Jan 5-12 Caribean cruise.

Jan 5 Bahamas diving
Jan 8 St Thomas Diving
Jan 9 St Maarten Diving

Then March 15 Yukon in San Diego Diving.

Otherwise, Florida diving at home.

fishballer
12-10-2007, 20:01
july 8 to 18th -> aggressor Cocos island.

hopefully bonaire in feb or march.

Gimmy Sparkles
12-10-2007, 20:54
I am going to Aruba on Christmas for a week with H20 Skier and another couple. This will be my first ocean dive as all my dives so far have been in a quarry. I can't wait!

unclepooty
12-11-2007, 09:03
Coz. last week of Feb. '08