PDA

View Full Version : Scuba Toys +1

CaughtSteelin
03-08-2010, 18:35
Made my first order with Scuba Toys last Monday. The gentleman on the phone was very helpful :smiley20:. They made sure everything was in stock before I bought and also give me a upgrade w/15% on my 7/5mm hood. I was really impressed! :smiley32:

Now for UPS...
The package was due Friday, I was tracking it like a hound. Friday is almost over, no package, call UPS. They say my address is wrong. I tell them to tell me the address they have. Guess what! They have my RIGHT address. Guy on the phone is very apologetic. I get a phone call about 3 hours later from UPS saying they fixed the problem and the package will arrive on Monday (today).
This morning I get a phone call that they have 3 different addresses for me. All of which are at least 45min from my home. I call them back tell them there address is wrong but then he says that they are showing me at MY (right) address again!?!?
I had enough and told them I would drive the 30min to their office and pick it up. I got there and it was at a different location... So I waited another 20min until they had someone bring it there.

I now have the items and am just happy I got them! This was not Scuba Toys fault! Just someone at UPS must really hate me...

bottomdweller
03-08-2010, 18:59
Sorry to hear about your trouble, I work in shipping & receiving & I can tell you it doesn't matter who you ship with, they all screw up sometime.
Once the train gets off the track a little, it sprials out of control.

sterlinghe92
03-08-2010, 19:23
Ups sucks sometimes!!

navyhmc
03-08-2010, 19:57
Sounds like my UPS vs/ me and ST story: I bought a Venture wing with plans on using it on a dive the upcoming weekend. Did the track thing and noted that it listed as being placed on the porch. WTH? I was up and waiting and no UPS had come by.

Long story short, they called the delivery person who was absolutely sure she'd delivered it. NO, no package on the porch - they said she might have left it with a neighbor when I didn't answer the door..."The wouldn't she have left a note and made a remark to that effect on the tracking stuff?" After 10 minutes of "We know we delivered it", I drove up and down the blocks next to ours and found it on a porch 3 blocks away-no, there's no real way to confuse the street name Kessler with Gow.

The lady who lived there was real nice-even invited me in for coffee to ask about this SCUBA stuff. She thought her grandson might be interested. UPS never did get back with me...

Herbdb
03-08-2010, 20:20
I have to second the big plus for Scuba Toys. I placed an order this afternoon and had a shipping number within two hours. You can't ask for anything better than that.

inventor
03-08-2010, 20:35
Yeah, +1 and +1 SCUBA Toys. I ordered a used computer in close outs, and they called me 5 minutes later. The one I'd ordered was out, so I could wait a week and get that one, new at the used price, or get the new equivalent model (better one) now for that price.

SCUBA Toys rocks!