PDA

View Full Version : To Quero - diving in Thailand

cbope
03-10-2010, 02:54
A post for Quero (or anyone else who has extensive dive experience in the Gulf of Thailand)

I see you are in Phuket. The wife and I are planning our 4th trip in 6 years to Thailand over next x-mas. We'll be staying in and around Pattaya, on Koh Chang mostly, possibly Koh Samet as well. I've already dived several sites around Pattaya and the close islands, plus the Hardeep/Suthathip wreck.

Do you have any dive site recommendations in these areas?

I realize you are in Phuket but I figure you have probably dived throughout Thailand. My wife is not a diver, she likes snorkeling and day-boat trips, so snorkel-friendly sites are preferable. Also, are there any good shore-diving sites off Koh Chang? We stayed at Klong Prao beach on Koh Chang a couple years ago, but there is not much to see there just off the beach. If you have any resort recommendations on Koh Chang, we are open to suggestions!

DivingScool Koh Chang
03-10-2010, 20:38
Hey cbope,

I'm afraid there aren't any shore dives off Koh Chang. However about 90% of all divesites around Koh Chang are suitable for snorkeling as well.
Nice divesites are Hin Luk Bath, Hin Rap, Blueberry Hill, Koh Yak Yai, 3 Finger Reef, Koh Thian, Koh Rang Pinnacles, Koh Nok, Koh Thong Lang.
We visit all these sites on a regular base.
Nice places to stay are Nirvana Resort in Bang Bao, Orchid Resort in Bailan, Kacha in White Sands or Siam Beach Resort in Lonely beach. Have a look at our website (http://www.divingscool.com) if you should be interested in a package.

Greetings

Wim