PDA

View Full Version : Where does CO, WY, NM, TX, etc fall into your US regions?

RonFrank
09-04-2007, 23:39
People call Chicago the Mid-West, but it's really more East than anything. Some say Colorado is the West, but it's more mid than anything else... just look at a map! :smiley20:

In any event I likely would not start a thread to invite locals, or regional folks to join us next weekend at the Blue Hole, NM. So where do we fit in?

divechaplain-sara
09-05-2007, 02:33
NM and Texas are considered Southwest, Colorado and Wyoming are probably considered West.

torrey
09-05-2007, 07:02
Personally, I like things divided equally, which would make Texas labeled as south central, rather than southwest.

ScubaToys Larry
09-05-2007, 07:51
If you go to the regional forum: http://forum.scubatoys.com/forumdisplay.php?f=22

You can see all the states listed. In all honesty, I just took it off one of the paintball boards, as how they divided it...but then at the request of some members, made a few adjustments and made Florida an area of it's own.

If anyone feels like this should be adjusted and knows a better way... Just let me know!

Coaster
09-05-2007, 08:20
Personally, I like things divided equally, which would make Texas labeled as south central, rather than southwest.
IMHO Texas is Texas.

RonFrank
09-05-2007, 09:26
CO is lumped into the west along with California, Utah, Nevada.

Most people diving in CO, either don't do it here, or do so in New Mexico.

I'm not sure the best way to organize this, but I dive with, and have more friends in NM than I do in California, Utah, and Nevada combined.

I sometimes think that the regions should be based around WHERE people dive rather than a geographic region that includes multiple states. For example there are only a few places people drive to and dive where we live year around. The Blue Hole in Santa Rosa, NM is one and you will find CO divers there most every weekend. Crator (UT) is anther spot where people in our endless land of winter can drive, and dive year around.

In any event, I would suggest breaking out the Rocky Mountains from area's like California and Nevada. CA is a thousand miles away from us, and likely should get their own forum, maybe two! :smiley5:

texdiveguy
09-05-2007, 09:32
IMHO Texas is Texas.

DITTO!!!! :-)

texdiveguy
09-05-2007, 09:34
Ron.... you need to find a state to live in with decent diving...lol! Co. sites near the bottom of the list....now for skiing---wow different story.

RonFrank
09-05-2007, 10:15
Ron.... you need to find a state to live in with decent diving...lol! Co. sites near the bottom of the list....now for skiing---wow different story.

Yeah, we are thinking of FL! :smiley20:

However as CO has a HUGE number of divers, obviously living near dive locations is not a requirement to be an active diver! :smiley5:

Ironically, I dive with a few folks from Texas several times a year! Depending on where in TX, it's not much different from CO as far as *good* diving goes! However a Trip to Flower Gardens IS on my list.

texdiveguy
09-05-2007, 10:35

However as CO has a HUGE number of divers, obviously living near dive locations is not a requirement to be an active diver! :smiley5:

Ironically, I dive with a few folks from Texas several times a year! Depending on where in TX, it's not much different from CO as far as *good* diving goes! However a Trip to Flower Gardens IS on my list.

We have some fine dive location in Texas....OK a few! :-)

ertechsg
09-05-2007, 16:59

We have some fine dive location in Texas....OK a few! :-)WHERE?

texdiveguy
09-05-2007, 17:05

Well...... Lake Travis to start is a nice diving spot.

ertechsg
09-06-2007, 16:40

Well...... Lake Travis to start is a nice diving spot.
Kidding right:smiley36: