PDA

View Full Version : opinions on SeaVision Masks

techgnostic
09-04-2007, 23:56
Howdy,
Does anyone have any experience with these masks (http://diveriteexpress.com/fins/maskseavision.shtml)?

Foo2
09-05-2007, 12:18
I've seen them online before....but I don't think I've ever seen anyone wearing them.

techgnostic
09-06-2007, 15:56
I've seen them online before....but I don't think I've ever seen anyone wearing them.

Perhaps they are just that new to the market...thanks.

Buoyant1
09-07-2007, 07:02
Nope not new..I've had the magenta mask for about three years, and the yellow since the beginning of the summer.

I initially bought the magenta only because it fit better then any of the other masks that they had, the color correction thing was just a bonus.. it's pretty good for fairly shallow reef diving, but doesn't really do much below 30-40 feet.

The yellow mask is great for quarry diving. When I first got it the difference was pretty amazing! Things don't seem to blend as they used to, and you can detect subtle differences in shades. (plus it's a comfy mask!)

ianr33
09-07-2007, 09:38
I just bought a prescription one from Scubatoys. I like it.The skirt is excellent.

Went with the clear glass.The colored lenses seem less versatile and a bit gimmicky

Buoyant1
09-07-2007, 11:25
I just bought a prescription one from Scubatoys. I like it.The skirt is excellent.

Went with the clear glass.The colored lenses seem less versatile and a bit gimmicky

I'd agree with that for the magenta...only effective in certain instances, but the yellow lenses are great at any depth!

techgnostic
09-10-2007, 21:22
So far opinions are 2 for yellow, none against.

Thanks a bunch. It sounds like they may have turned physics (of light) to our advantage this time.

BSea
09-10-2007, 21:33
I don't have either color, but I've got several buddies that use the yellow lenses on every dive. I may think about that for my next mask.

techgnostic
09-11-2007, 11:01
I don't have either color, but I've got several buddies that use the yellow lenses on every dive. I may think about that for my next mask.

I use yellow lenses on my safety goggles when I work...good for low light...I guess the same principles apply underwater.