PDA

View Full Version : Why the timed out?

emtdiver
03-19-2010, 00:47
Hey, Im new to this forum but I have had a problem with the system timing out/making me log back in after a couple of minutes. I type something out in my word documents (I'm big on spelling correctly), go back to my page & it states you need to log back in. I've only been on my word page for a couple minutes & never minimized my page or anything. Is this normal or there an issue on my side? Even happens when I am PM another member and my message may be long but I stayed on the page & it still timed me out. Thanks! :smiley13:

crgjpg
03-19-2010, 01:12
I have never had it time out on me.

navyhmc
03-19-2010, 03:07
Neither have I. When you log in, do you have the "keep me signed in" box checked? I kind of recall that in some cases, checking that box solved the problem.

snagel
03-19-2010, 04:33
Had this happen to me the other day for the first time. Was posting something and when I went to hit the post button it acted like I wasn't logged in and asked me to log in. When I "relogged" in, I lost my post.

Never had this happen before. Maybe they were doing some work on the site or something.

Snagel

chilly willy
03-19-2010, 05:17
Navy has it right, just check the "keep me signed in" box.

emtdiver
03-19-2010, 11:21
Ok I clicked the remember me button & it seems to be keeping me signed in. I am currently using my ipod for this post so I will try my pc later. The software is a bit different. Thanks for the help. Will post later from my pc & see what happens.

emtdiver
03-19-2010, 13:53
Navy has it right, just check the "keep me signed in" box.

That was the trick. Just click the box that says "remember me". I am having no trouble on my pc with it timing me out. Thanks all!! :smiley20:

inventor
03-19-2010, 14:27
Had this happen to me the other day for the first time. Was posting something and when I went to hit the post button it acted like I wasn't logged in and asked me to log in. When I "relogged" in, I lost my post.

Never had this happen before. Maybe they were doing some work on the site or something.

Snagel

I've had that happen quite a few times. I use CCleaner on a regular basis, and when I login I don't always check the remember me box.

snagel
03-20-2010, 06:45

Snagel

I've had that happen quite a few times. I use CCleaner on a regular basis, and when I login I don't always check the remember me box.

Yea, I think that is was happened to me. The computer went into cleanup mode and wiped everything out such as remembering to keep me logged in.

Snagel

brojack17
03-20-2010, 08:12
I have that problem when I am on my iPhone, even when I hit the "remember me" box.

emtdiver
03-24-2010, 11:49
I have that problem when I am on my iPhone, even when I hit the "remember me" box.

I didn't have any trouble on my iPod & it's similar to the iPhone.

Noob
03-24-2010, 12:03
Neither have I. When you log in, do you have the "keep me signed in" box checked? I kind of recall that in some cases, checking that box solved the problem.

Ditto Navy.

RogerAg
03-24-2010, 18:10
At home I have no problem (I use high-speed from comcast)
Here in Hawaii I use dial-up with AOL, I am always losing my connection.

emtdiver
03-24-2010, 22:30
At home I have no problem (I use high-speed from comcast)
Here in Hawaii I use dial-up with AOL, I am always losing my connection.

The problem was not with the internet connection itself. It was the website Scuba Forum that would actually time me out. Now with the box checked "Remember Me" where you log in it never logs me out or times me out anymore. But remember after cleaning your temp files, cookies, cache, & so forth you will need to re-enter your info & check the box again. I will forget if i'm not careful.