PDA

View Full Version : Oceanic computer suggestions

DoctorBob
03-21-2010, 16:54
I have an Oceanic Versa Pro computer that seems to have crapped out. Not sure if there is anything I can do with it.
I brought it on a trip and started it up, and it seemed fine. But when I tried to set it for nitrox, it started acting up. I dove with it and it did seem to record depth, but seemed to be in gauge mode. I tried replacing the battery, (it was not flooded) and it still did not work. Seemed to be doing dives on it's own, just various numbers flashing. Now when I turn it on, it starts the normal countdown, then just flashes ALT a few times and goes dead. Anything I can do with it besides toss it? I know I have had it at least since 2003, maybe a few years before that.

If I just have to replace it, is there an Oceanic computer that will fit in the same boot?
I bought it in a console with the pressure gauge and compass. Or do I need to just buy a whole new console?

Any suggestions on which Oceanic computer to get? I always liked Oceanic computers, that is until the day it crapped out! I saw some good deals on the Veo100NX. Any reason to get the Veo 1, Veo2, or Veo3? I will be using this computer on a console as I already use a Suunto computer on my wrist as a backup. I don't really need it to download into my Mac computer as I can do that with my Suunto.

Trunk_Monkey
03-21-2010, 18:55
Do you like simple or complex?

I have the Veo 100 (air) and really like it. It's very basic, but gives me all the info I need at this stage of my diving life.

The 100NX should fit in your console boot just fine since it's a standard hockey puck.

I see that ST has them on sale here for $175. Oceanic Veo 100 NX Nitrox Wrist Computer reviews and discounts, Oceanic (http://www.scubatoys.com/store/detail.asp?PRODUCT_ID=Veo100nxWrist)

charlesml3
03-25-2010, 12:21
Contact Oceanic customer service right away. Their support is legendary, and I have personal experience. My Pro Plus from 2001 died after 9 years of HARD use. They couldn't fix it, but they sent me a brand new Pro Plus 2.1 for $380. Call them and see what you can work out. They're really great about standing behind their products.

-Charles

DoctorBob
03-25-2010, 18:59
I did contact Oceanic. They said they would repair it for $110, which is probably my best bet.
Thanks.

Bob