PDA

View Full Version : Oceanic SWIV 3-gauge console - remove computer & compass section?

reservecops
03-22-2010, 12:55
I'm planning on removing the computer and compass from my 3-gauge SWIV console and putting each in wrist boots.

Can I just leave the upper half (the dark blue part) of the SWIV console off, using the SPG only?

Used Oceanic VEO 180 Console reviews and discounts, Oceanic (http://www.scubatoys.com/store/detail.asp?PRODUCT_ID=OceanicVEO180Console)

cbope
03-22-2010, 23:51
As long as the computer is not an air-integrated, I don't see why not, although I have never disassembled my SWIV. I have a 3-gauge SWIV but my computer is on my wrist.

Vercingetorix
03-23-2010, 06:24
Yes, you can do that. I have a Veo 250 SWIV console. I removed the computer puck and compass and put them into wrist boots. The SPG is on a quick disconnect, so I can remove it at the end of dive dayl to store safely.

reservecops
03-23-2010, 06:26
Yes, you can do that. I have a Veo 250 SWIV console. I removed the computer puck and compass and put them into wrist boots. The SPG is on a quick disconnect, so I can remove it at the end of dive day as well to store safely.Mine's not on a QD, but was just wondering if removing the top half (and leaving it off) would pose any issues (e.g., the bottom half falling apart without the top half being screwed into it. Thanks.

Vercingetorix
03-23-2010, 06:54
Mine's not on a QD, but was just wondering if removing the top half (and leaving it off) would pose any issues (e.g., the bottom half falling apart without the top half being screwed into it. Thanks.No issues. You can remove it.

Trunk_Monkey
03-23-2010, 10:20
So long as you secure that little hex-head screw (the one that holds the halves together), you should be fine. There will just be an empty hole there.

I've not looked for it, but I wouldn't be surprise if someone makes a puck insert to fill that hole.

reservecops
03-23-2010, 10:53
So long as you secure that little hex-head screw (the one that holds the halves together), you should be fine. There will just be an empty hole there.

I've not looked for it, but I wouldn't be surprise if someone makes a puck insert to fill that hole.I don't plan on putting the blue half back on there. All there will be is the black (bottom) with the SPG in it.