PDA

View Full Version : AHHHHHHHHH, schools open NICE!

cgvmer
09-05-2007, 12:46
So my wife started back to work yesterday, my daughter starts 4th grade tomorrow, and my one son starts High School on Friday, my other son already is in freshman year of college 2 weeks already.

AND I HAVE THE HOUSE BACK!!!!!!

I work out of an office in the basement of my house, going out to customer sites 2-3 days a week, all summer long I have 3 kids and my wife, storming through my office like they live here ( even if they do).

Oh a peaceful house, where I can work (or post ) the day away.

greyzen
09-05-2007, 13:02
what do you do?

mm_dm
09-05-2007, 13:03
My brother in law has in right. For all his kids eighteenth birthdays, they received ...luggage. Nothing like that "here, let me hold the door for ya".

cgvmer
09-05-2007, 13:19
Greyzen
I am a the technical guy on a computer sales team. So I do a lot of conference calls, customer visits, etc. Most of my work is done across the Internet.

greyzen
09-05-2007, 13:27
ahh, I used to have one of you :)

<Customer> Hey how do these doo-hickies plug into the thingamajigs you sold me last week?

<Me> Uh... let me ask my tech guy

<You> *insert some really wierd sounded words that sound a lot like english but arn't*

<Me> Uh... yeah totally. So if you could send that to me? You happen to have some free time at *sometime that ain't now* and we can converance call with the customer?

<You> *mumbles about doing my job* yeah sure.

<Me & You + Customer>
<you> *more mumbling magical words*
<Me> Yeah, what he said!
<Customer to you> Thanks.

:D

cgvmer
09-05-2007, 13:29
EXACTLY......someone finally understand what I do....

My kids when asked by friends what I do, they usually reply : computer geek

greyzen
09-05-2007, 13:40
:D

Tell your bosses I said you guys need better commission %'s.
I was pissed when I earned 122% to quota, and my tech only hit 100% (note, he had 5 other sales reps. So I gained 22% over, and it didn't hit him)