PDA

View Full Version : Ode to Greg Knauer

Liv7301
09-05-2007, 18:15
I have had the opportunity to work with Greg Knauer on each of my ScubaToys classes so far and felt compelled to post about what a great guy he is! (Well, actually he mentioned to me in Rescue class last night that in my post about the AOW class I was in, I completely left him out. This post is making up for the terrible oversight on my part.)

In my OW class Greg and I were fortunate enough to lose each other multiple times on descents while trying to dive in the soup that was CSSP in early April. :smiley36: This was while my husband was diving with Nick, doing a wall crawl along the wall that you couldn't actually see.

In AOW Greg didn't really get to spend to much time with my husband and I because he was so busy trying to keep tabs on our "slightly" gigantic class. There were just over 20 of us but it must have seemed like he was trying to DM for 50!

In Rescue, once again, Greg was there. I was glad he was able to join us in the pool even if he was actually supposed to over working the AOW class. Hopefully he will be able to join us again for some of the pool time...I look forward to the practice of saving Greg from that 10' abyss. :smiley2:

Greg is sincere, kind, patient, and wants to help students become better, safer divers. And he gets my sense of humor!

For all of the above, thanks Greg!

And congratulations on completing DM!:smiley32:

TxScubaBear
09-05-2007, 19:03
and he'll pay you later for all you said....

:smilie39:

Liv7301
09-05-2007, 20:51
and he'll pay you later for all you said....

:smilie39:

This actually came from Greg giving me the business in class last night because I dissed him and left him out of my post complimenting the guys that worked our AOW class. So this is me giving him a little business back. :smiley2:

PlatypusMan
09-05-2007, 22:14
Greg is one hell of a guy, and I speak from experience of training alongside him.

If he ever decides to instruct, he'll be a great one, IMO.

dallasdivergirl
09-06-2007, 00:03
Greg was great at AOW in August. he helped me a lot on navigation in beautiful Lake Travis. I was sad to see him leave.

greyzen
09-06-2007, 09:12
This actually came from Greg...

No no she means literally, like he WROTE it :smiley2:

Liv7301
09-07-2007, 19:40
This actually came from Greg...

No no she means literally, like he WROTE it :smiley2:

Ok, since you insist on making this difficult... :smiley1:

This post was inspired by a conversation with Greg in class...

and the rest of the original version still stands.

There!

gunnarman
09-09-2007, 22:09
i just spent the weekend in lake travis with greg and he went none stop from cooking breakfast, running back and forth to the water, hiding lost objects and keeping the paper work staight without missing a step. he had a plan and a backup plan for everything. the sneaky sucker was on my 6 the whole night dive without anybody knowing!

thanks greg.

i'd like to thank mac and allen/alan? for making my aow a great experience.

ertechsg
09-10-2007, 16:41
Greg is an awsome DM. We were in the AUG AOW class and I lost my back up light Greg must have heard me talking about it and asked what color it was. Then handed me my light back . How he found in 2 ft viz I'll never know. Then He also spent time helping my wife and I with our dive tables. This just goes to show what a great group ST uses. Thanks for finding the light Greg. Can't wait to train with the rest of the staff. See ya at the party!